+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 92
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oh Kay Cee
    Posts
    11,347
    For the past two seasons, I've done better selling tickets on StubHub, even if Ticketmaster makes it really hard to upload your tickets for immediate download.

    Ticketmaster does not let me have the tickets I own, till exactly one week before the game, to the hour. Thoroughly PO's me, cause I own the tickets , I bought them, they are mine and I can do what I want with them. And then Ticketmaster tells me when I can have access to them, which is the reason most people I know, call them Ticketbastard.

    Also, on games that are not in demand, Ticketmaster won't let you mark your price down below face value. If not for StubHub, I would be relegated to Craigslist for those games.

    BTW, I got $900 on StubHub, for my lower level corner seats to the GSW game.
    Last edited by Plainsman; 02-15-2016 at 08:41 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tha Eastside
    Posts
    218
    Thanks for the heads up on the GSW... They sold on the resale marketplace. Hell I even moved my CLE tickets over to there and delisted them on stubhub just so I don't accidently miss it and sell them on both sites...

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    For the past two seasons, I've done better selling tickets on StubHub, even if Ticketmaster makes it really hard to upload your tickets for immediate download.

    Ticketmaster does not let me have the tickets I own, till exactly one week before the game, to the hour. Thoroughly PO's me, cause I own the tickets , I bought them, they are mine and I can do what I want with them. And then Ticketmaster tells me when I can have access to them, which is the reason most people I know, call them Ticketbastard.

    Also, on games that are not in demand, Ticketmaster won't let you mark your price down below face value. If not for StubHub, I would be relegated to Craigslist for those games.

    BTW, I got $900 on StubHub, for my lower level corner seats to the GSW game.
    I've had the best luck on StubHub too, and I totally agree about Ticketmaster. Total BS. You have to wait to get paid until you can upload the tix a week before, tickets we paid for like a year ago.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oh Kay Cee
    Posts
    11,347
    Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    I've had the best luck on StubHub too, and I totally agree about Ticketmaster. Total BS. You have to wait to get paid until you can upload the tix a week before, tickets we paid for like a year ago.
    And a week before, to the hour ....... it was just seven days, then they started this bullchit of having to wait till past 7 pm .... if the game was a 7 pm game .....wow, that was insulting.

    I've got till Mar 11 to decide to renew. If I was pretty confident that I could break even on tickets next year, I renew. But there's a lot of headwind. Devon lays off 700 , that's big, especially when ya consider how many have been laid off from other companies that does not make the news. How many seats will Chesapeake and Devon not renew ? How long will oil be at $30 . So many questions, not any answers and no way to know between now and March 11 .

    Not to mention, where will KD sign ? My best guess , he does the one year thing, for a lot of reasons , mostly he can make a lot more money next year. I can't see him and RW splitting.

    Sooooo, ya make it through next season and we get closer to a lot more answers, like what is oil gonna sell for and we get a clearer picture of KD's plans.

    Tough decision, I need to be able to sell tickets for face value, at the very least.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tha Eastside
    Posts
    218
    Luckily I have cheapos... so when they don't sale, its much easier to make up over a game or two... Normally if I sell on stubhub, its only good games and then I tend to make enough to cover 3-5 games that didn't sell. I've probably had 5-8 games that I couldn't give away, and thats only cause I tend to hold them to the last minutes in hopes of going or giving them to my mother or brother.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oh Kay Cee
    Posts
    11,347
    Sooo, who renewed and who didn't ?

    I renewed.

    And I got my relocation event time today, without .... the usual warning that due to renewal rates it will be very difficult to find better seats .

    Uhhh ohhhh

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    46,118
    New article on NewsOK.com:
    http://newsok.com/thunder-home-games...rticle/5485600

    Thunder home games among highest-priced NBA tickets on secondary market
    Erik Horne by Erik Horne Published: March 17, 2016
    http://newsok.com/thunder-home-games...rticle/5485600
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

    Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oh Kay Cee
    Posts
    11,347
    That's good to know.

    Anyone heard what the renewal rate was for this year ? In the past its been like 98%.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    That's good to know.

    Anyone heard what the renewal rate was for this year ? In the past its been like 98%.
    I haven't heard the rate, but the email about "relocation" didn't come with the usual disclaimer that the pickings would be slim. I take that to mean there will be a lot more available this year.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,193
    I renewed too. I thought the same thing about the relocation event! Didn't have the disclaimer this year. I might actually go and see whats available. I'm not going to move up in price, but if there is something better within my same price range, I might move.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tha Eastside
    Posts
    218
    I missed the date originally. They were able to accommodate me though. I was actually fine with not renewing, but either way I was fine...

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oh Kay Cee
    Posts
    11,347
    Well, I got an email today, offering extra playoff tickets , if I want them .... the last time that happened was the 2011 or maybe, the 2012 playoffs.

    Looks like there's been some who have not renewed.

    I'm gonna try to improve my seating this year.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    7,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    Well, I got an email today, offering extra playoff tickets , if I want them .... the last time that happened was the 2011 or maybe, the 2012 playoffs.

    Looks like there's been some who have not renewed.

    I'm gonna try to improve my seating this year.
    Yep, same here. Pretty sure the only time that happened was the first ever series against the Lakers. I'm also going to try to improve but I'm pretty happy where I am, mostly because I'm on the end of the row.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    374
    Going in this morning for my ticket upgrade thing. will report back how many tickets are up for sale and what not.

    My guess that most of the open tickets will be behind the baskets and not in the middle 4 sections.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    374
    i would encourage every to go that wants to upgrade their tickets. There were plenty of options available.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts