+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Otto

What about Otto Porter? Washington looks to be moving on to Oubre. He might be available. And his 3 p% has gotten better each season. At 5.8/yr he would be cheap.

I might prefer Otto over Gordon.

Pretty easy to spot bust in the NBA and Otto seems like one, that is a sf needy team and he never developed. He seems like a Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb, someone you hope finally breaks through but never will.

Quote Originally Posted by m-rich212 View Post
    Pretty easy to spot bust in the NBA and Otto seems like one, that is a sf needy team and he never developed. He seems like a Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb, someone you hope finally breaks through but never will.
    LOL what on earth are you talking about? He is developing steadily and has bacome a pretty good starter in this league. I would trade for him in a heartbeat.

The Thunder don't have the movable pieces to trade for Porter. Payne and Kanter wouldn't interest them since they have Wall at PG and they just gave Mahinmi $16M/yr to play with Gortat to help anchor that defense. I also don't think Washington would part with Porter for anything reasonable, meaning they would actually want something like Oladipo and Sabonis for Porter. While that would be unreasonable Porter is very good as a top defensive SF who shoots 37% from 3 and 38% in the corner and has improved his offense every season. You could argue that Porter is as good at his position as Oladipo is at his. Both are top 10 players are their position.

What would the Thunder have to give up for Otto?
    I'm thinking Kanter. But maybe Payne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    The Thunder don't have the movable pieces to trade for Porter. Payne and Kanter wouldn't interest them since they have Wall at PG and they just gave Mahinmi $16M/yr to play with Gortat to help anchor that defense. I also don't think Washington would part with Porter for anything reasonable, meaning they would actually want something like Oladipo and Sabonis for Porter. While that would be unreasonable Porter is very good as a top defensive SF who shoots 37% from 3 and 38% in the corner and has improved his offense every season. You could argue that Porter is as good at his position as Oladipo is at his. Both are top 10 players are their position.
    I hadn't seen this when I posted my last one. I could involve a third team. Kanter and Payne are our only real movable pieces.

I mentioned Otto because Washington has two starting caliber SF's and they aren't deep enough to afford that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG EDDIE View Post
    LOL what on earth are you talking about? He is developing steadily and has bacome a pretty good starter in this league. I would trade for him in a heartbeat.
    I don't watch the Wiz, maybe bust isn't the right word. I don't think I would want to give up a Kanter for him which is probably the only thing the Wiz want. If it was Mitch with Singler or Payne I say yes. He would be the 3rd option(which he is in Wash when Wall and Beal actually play) or the 4th option.

Revisiting this what would you think the Thunder would have to give to get Porter involving a third team?

Parson's in Memphis could be available with them not really playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    Revisiting this what would you think the Thunder would have to give to get Porter involving a third team?
    It would take Kanter and Payne at a minimum to get someone to send the needed pieces to Washington.

Parson's in Memphis could be available with them not really playing well.
    OKC has nothing to offer Memphis for Parsons. It would take Kanter to get the salaries in the ballpark and Memphis isn't going to trade for Kanter while they have Gasol. Memphis would have to go into total blow up mode and move Conley, Parsons and Gasol. Otherwise they will ride it out. I think they should have gone into rebuild mode this off-season, but that isn't the direction they want to go. I think Randolph would be a better target and more realistic. He is an expiring contract and would give OKC a better PF than they currently have on the roster. If they could get Randolph for something like Morrow and Lauvergne that would be a solid improvement while giving Memphis a young big man to be tutored by Gasol and maybe be someone that would be good for them in the future. It is the type of gamble that could be worth it for them.

OKC has nothing to offer Memphis for Parsons. It would take Kanter to get the salaries in the ballpark and Memphis isn't going to trade for Kanter while they have Gasol. Memphis would have to go into total blow up mode and move Conley, Parsons and Gasol. Otherwise they will ride it out. I think they should have gone into rebuild mode this off-season, but that isn't the direction they want to go. I think Randolph would be a better target and more realistic. He is an expiring contract and would give OKC a better PF than they currently have on the roster. If they could get Randolph for something like Morrow and Lauvergne that would be a solid improvement while giving Memphis a young big man to be tutored by Gasol and maybe be someone that would be good for them in the future. It is the type of gamble that could be worth it for them.
    I like the Randolph idea. I know Kanter for Parsons would need another team because our trade able assets are also their strong areas.

What would the Thunder have to give up for Otto?
    I'm thinking Kanter. But maybe Payne.
    I think it would be a fair trade of Porter for Payne and Roberson. Porter is just like Roberson in that he didn't get his rookie deal extended and would be an upgrade for us over Roberson. They might not want to pay Porter whats hes worth next offseason and Roberson might be in their preferred price range. Payne would be good for them coming off the bench behind Wall. They brought in Trey Burke and he hasn't done anything this year. IMO it would be fair on both sides.