+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward

I like Gordon Hayward and think he would be an excellent fit on this team. Are there any possibilities the thunder could sign him? There are lots of conflicting reports on his satisfaction in Utah. What would be the most likely scenario to sign him, free agency or a trade? It doesn't seem like we really have the pieces to trade for him. Kanter seems to be a guy that might be on the trading block, but I doubt Utah wants him back. Am I just naively hopeful or is there a possibility the thunder could land him?

The Thunder making any significant addition starts with their ability to trade Kanter. If they move Kanter then they could, in theory, free up cap space to sign Hayward as a FA this off-season.

They can mover Kanter. They were ready to moved him if Al Horford had come to OKC.

You guys think Hayward is a player the thunder want/fits with the team? Or is he more of a wish-list player like Blake griffin?

I like Hayward on the Thunder. I would put him as a star player but I think he would be a hell of a Beta to pair next to Russ. He has a nice skill set and is a positional need for the Thunder (I'll take anyone over Singler). IMO he has always been an underrated player on a bad team which could mean that he has a chip on his shoulder. I would prefer for us to do it without giving up Kanter though.

We aren't giving up Kanter for anyone short of a blake griffin type player. In other words.. not happenin. Kanter is too valuable right now and him and Steven are getting very good playing together and dominating the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    We aren't giving up Kanter for anyone short of a blake griffin type player. In other words.. not happenin. Kanter is too valuable right now and him and Steven are getting very good playing together and dominating the paint.
    I don't even know if I want to give him up for Griffin. Kanter is 3 years younger then Blake Griffin and is every bit as good of a scorer and rebounder that he is. Can anyone really tell us that in 3 years time Kanter can't get better defensively? IMO our biggest need is a quality wing. Roberson is still scared to shoot the ball, Singler is just plain bad, Abrines is young and Morrow can't get off the bench or play defense.

Kanter is the 2nd best scorer on this team and people seem to always be wanting to trade him. He should play 30-35 minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Kanter is the 2nd best scorer on this team and people seem to always be wanting to trade him. He should play 30-35 minutes a game.
    I agree he is one of our top scoring options but apparently Kyle Singler is more important.. at least tonight.. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    The Thunder making any significant addition starts with their ability to trade Kanter. If they move Kanter then they could, in theory, free up cap space to sign Hayward as a FA this off-season.
    What did you do to celebrate "Enes Kanter Day" in Oklahoma yesterday, Kizz?

http://newsok.com/thunder-journal-en...rticle/5524802

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post
    What did you do to celebrate "Enes Kanter Day" in Oklahoma yesterday, Kizz?

http://newsok.com/thunder-journal-en...rticle/5524802
    Watched the Cubs win a World Series game. At least one of my sports teams has a slim chance at a championship this year after the disaster of an off-season the Thunder had and OU's slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    Watched the Cubs win a World Series game. At least one of my sports teams has a slim chance at a championship this year after the disaster of an off-season the Thunder had and OU's slow start.
    Oh, you're a Cubs fan!?! That explains a LOT.