+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blockbuster

Sacramento receives: PG Cameron Payne, SG Alex Abrines, C Enes Kanter, OkC 2017 1st round pick and Cleveland 2017 1st round pick.
    Cleveland Receives: C Demarcus Cousins and SF Kyle Singler
    Okc receives: PF Kevin Love and SF Rudy Gay

Reason for Kings: They part ways with Cousins and get plenty of compensation for him.
    Reason for Cavs: The defending champions get the best player in the trade.
    Reason for OKC: Turn youth into players to become a contender again.

OKC Depth chart
    PG Russ Christon
    SG Roberson Oladipo
    SF Gay Grant
    PF Love Sabonis
    C Adams Lauvergne

Makes sense for the Thunder and a championship caliber team like the Cavs are one of the few teams that can take a risk on Cousins.

The problem is Sacramento. They get lots of players but nothing that they need. Even without Cousins, they are 3 deep at C with WCS, Koufos and Pagagiannis. Kanter just overloads that spot as well.

No need for Payne with Temple, Lawson and Collison in the fold. What they could really use out of this deal would be a power forward like Love but if Cleveland doesn't want to add him then this deal probably wouldn't materialize.

Im not giving up Abrines for that sh*t, FOH...
    The God of Thunder has spoken...

No
    an Enes is way younger and less injury prone than Love. Enes is a machine if used right.

I don't like that idea.

I've never been a fan of Gay and always thought he is making his team worse. If we got him cheap - fine with me but not in this case.

Kevin Love is not that valuable anymore plus injuries.

I would have hard time giving up Abrines. That guy can really play basketball and provides us something we lack often - movement without the ball. When our offense is stagnant we need player like that to unlock it.

The other two I might give away only because of injury (Payne) and salary (Kanter). Not in this scenario.