+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    I still think your short sighting in teams that would want Kanter and he'd fit if that were to happen.. Clippers are a prime example. I'm sure they'd take Kanter over Speights as their backup to Deandre.. especially in those late hack a jordan situations.. Mavs could use him with Bogut if you think Bogut is better.. otherwise you'd start Kanter instead.. That's just a couple off the top of my head.... I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of takers for Kanter if we were shopping him..

    Now us wanting something these teams would have to offer to make us better is a different story like you stated not a lot of great SF's out there to fill our need to the point we wouldn't need Kanter's contribution he provides. Kanter is such a huge impact right now it would take a big name to make a deal.
    The Clippers won't offer anything for Kanter because they won't give up a matching salary. Kanter has no trade value to the Clippers. Sure, they'd like him to replace Speights, but they aren't going to trade any assets for him. The Mavs aren't going to give up Wes Matthews, but they might throw you an offer like Bogut and Devon Harris for Kanter. That is no value. Bogut is a broken down player who is once again out for a month with an injury and Harris is a end of the bench player for a contender.

    So you provide two teams that would take Kanter for free, but wouldn't offer you anything for him. How does that prove trade value? It proves the opposite. You have provided ZERO teams that would be willing to give anything of value for Kanter. Thus confirming his ZERO trade value. On the court value and trade value are not the same and never will be. To say Kanter would make a team better by being placed on their roster does not mean he has trade value. It means he has on the court value. No one has ever denied that he had on the court value. You put him on the court with Russ, Roberson, Oladipo and Collison/Sabonis and that unit would put up great numbers. There would be enough defense on the perimeter to protect Kanter's weakness. The offensive output would be great with multiple ball handlers, good passers, great rebounding, good spacing and great P&R options. However, that has nothing to do with Kanter having ZERO trade value. That has to do with Kanter having on the court value because of his skill set and being able to cover his weakness with other players while taking advantage of his strengths.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    The Clippers won't offer anything for Kanter because they won't give up a matching salary. Kanter has no trade value to the Clippers. Sure, they'd like him to replace Speights, but they aren't going to trade any assets for him. The Mavs aren't going to give up Wes Matthews, but they might throw you an offer like Bogut and Devon Harris for Kanter. That is no value. Bogut is a broken down player who is once again out for a month with an injury and Harris is a end of the bench player for a contender.

    So you provide two teams that would take Kanter for free, but wouldn't offer you anything for him. How does that prove trade value? It proves the opposite. You have provided ZERO teams that would be willing to give anything of value for Kanter. Thus confirming his ZERO trade value. On the court value and trade value are not the same and never will be. To say Kanter would make a team better by being placed on their roster does not mean he has trade value. It means he has on the court value. No one has ever denied that he had on the court value. You put him on the court with Russ, Roberson, Oladipo and Collison/Sabonis and that unit would put up great numbers. There would be enough defense on the perimeter to protect Kanter's weakness. The offensive output would be great with multiple ball handlers, good passers, great rebounding, good spacing and great P&R options. However, that has nothing to do with Kanter having ZERO trade value. That has to do with Kanter having on the court value because of his skill set and being able to cover his weakness with other players while taking advantage of his strengths.
    While I agree with you that Trade value and value to the team are different I think you greatly over exaggerate the brains of Nba front offices. There are countless teams that have made trades over the years that made no sense. Kanter is cannot be denied is elite at scoring. ELITE. We dont know the minds of other NBA execs but just because you cannot see a need for him on other teams does not mean that other teams feel the same.

    For someone i consider a smart poster, I feel that you often get blinded by stats or your own like or dislike for players. Kanter has been very god for us this season. There are not 5 guys in the NBA I can think of that can take his position as a Elite reboundeing/scoring big off the bench with better hands or able to score as wel in limited minutes. That is his role and he fills it perfectly and then some.

    If I remember correctly you were also team Singler..... Despite what we were all saying, that the eye test showed he was useless and that Morrow was the better option you argued (if I have you confused I apologise) and now Singler is rightfully riding pine, and Morrow is contributing to wins. To me this is a great example of where basing opinions mostly on numbers is misguided. Singler looked like hot garbage, Morrow LOOKED like he would work better. It player out exactly like many of us thought it would based on the "eye test"

    anyway, I am beyond working out why you dont like Kanter. Perhaps you are relitives with Gobert, perhaps you dont like Turkey, maybe you hate Moustaches? What ever it is I think you are way off base in your assesment of his value.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Clangus View Post
    While I agree with you that Trade value and value to the team are different I think you greatly over exaggerate the brains of Nba front offices. There are countless teams that have made trades over the years that made no sense. Kanter is cannot be denied is elite at scoring. ELITE. We dont know the minds of other NBA execs but just because you cannot see a need for him on other teams does not mean that other teams feel the same.

    For someone i consider a smart poster, I feel that you often get blinded by stats or your own like or dislike for players. Kanter has been very god for us this season. There are not 5 guys in the NBA I can think of that can take his position as a Elite reboundeing/scoring big off the bench with better hands or able to score as wel in limited minutes. That is his role and he fills it perfectly and then some.

    If I remember correctly you were also team Singler..... Despite what we were all saying, that the eye test showed he was useless and that Morrow was the better option you argued (if I have you confused I apologise) and now Singler is rightfully riding pine, and Morrow is contributing to wins. To me this is a great example of where basing opinions mostly on numbers is misguided. Singler looked like hot garbage, Morrow LOOKED like he would work better. It player out exactly like many of us thought it would based on the "eye test"

    anyway, I am beyond working out why you dont like Kanter. Perhaps you are relitives with Gobert, perhaps you dont like Turkey, maybe you hate Moustaches? What ever it is I think you are way off base in your assesment of his value.
    I'm inclined to agree with Kizz for the most part. It's hard to find a team with a player that helps us. Who needs an offense center. And make the money match.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    638
    So basically we're stuck for a while and better hope that some guys develop.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,480
    Yep...for this year anyway. KD screwed us.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Eastern Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
    Yep...for this year anyway. KD screwed us.
    That was his plan. To have one less contender.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    That was his plan. To have one less contender.
    I don't want to believe this...but I think you might be right. It certainly worked out that way. How convenient!!!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
    I don't want to believe this...but I think you might be right. It certainly worked out that way. How convenient!!!
    I think that was absolutely the plan without any doubt in my mind.. but yea looking back at the statements he made the relationships he had with Draymond there was no question where he wanted to go.. He probably wasn't sure it was going to happen but the day the NBA finals was over and he said this changes everything his mind was made up unequivocally where he was going. He just led us on like a puppet pulling our strings because he really wanted to make sure if he left OKC.. OKC was not going to be a factor next year in the playoffs..The last thing he wanted was for us to be able to bring in a replacement for him and do better than him on the team which we probably could have done IMO. Not because KD was inferior player but the mindset of the team is so much healthier now than it was last year and Russ is showing he is a better leader on the team. What did KD do for the team concept? What did KD do to make his team mates better? What was more important to KD while he was here? Being the best player in the NBA or making his team better?

    Right now Russ is doing all of those tasks and at the same time making history. It's coming easy to him, he's not trying to do anything but win games and he never takes credit for wins he wants his team to win. He's a dedicated competitor and he's not into being the media darling and doesn't want the attention. The difference between the 2.. Russ is leading by example on whatever road is in front of him.. KD is not leading anyone and taking the short cut easy way.. Everyone knows it. Including the greatest players of the NBA.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    638
    When will we have the cap space to make a move for a max level player?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    When will we have the cap space to make a move for a max level player?
    After Russ leaves. If they resign him after the '17-'18 season it is unlikely they will have max space during that contract. They would have to trade two of Oladipo, Kanter and Adams, without taking salary back, to clear the space for a max player this off-season. The championship window for OKC was slammed shut the day Oladipo and Adams got their extensions. To be fair to Presti, the window was 90% shut by kd, but there was still a chance to replace Kanter with a max player this off-season if Oladipo and Adams hadn't been extended early.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts