+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CJ McCollum

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/2...kenneth-faried

The above article had some interesting points about Portland. I haven't watched McCollum much since the west coast teams often play so late. Let's just say Portland wanted to move him and we could get him, do we want him? He obviously doesn't fill the gaping hole Durant left, but he gives some much needed offense. At one time Portland had interest in Kanter. I'm sure they would want more than just Kanter for CJ. Just for discussion, how do you think this team would fit with RW, Vic and CJ?

Not really a need for us IMO, wrong position.

If Portland made McCollum available OKC couldn't win the bidding war. McCollum would be a great addition to ANY team. Portland might move Crabbe, but not McCollum.

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    Not really a need for us IMO, wrong position.
    A 40% 3pt shooter with his ball handling skills is always a need. He is better today than Harden was his last season in OKC. IF they could get that type of player you make the lineup work. Play some more small ball with Dipo at SF. McCollum can play PG when Russ is on the bench. He would be an instant upgrade to the roster unless you were giving up Russ in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    A 40% 3pt shooter with his ball handling skills is always a need. He is better today than Harden was his last season in OKC. IF they could get that type of player you make the lineup work. Play some more small ball with Dipo at SF. McCollum can play PG when Russ is on the bench. He would be an instant upgrade to the roster unless you were giving up Russ in the trade.
    I agree with everything you said. McCollum might actually be a better fit and a better player then Oladipo.

He would be a big upgrade but how would you get him? Portland doesn't really want Kanter they were only making us pay more to match when they did his offer they knew we were going to match and they are in the same division so they aren't going to want to help us out and didn't they just sign an extension to CJ?

I think Vic has the potential to have numbers like CJ because he has had games like that.. He just can't seem to be consistent at it. I'd love CJ he's instant success and what i think the office wants to see from Vic at some point.

At what point should Vic start being consistent? Is midseason reasonable or is his adjustment time longer?

Victor had played seven strong games in a row before the Knicks game. Guards that mostly shoot on the perimeter are going to have some off nights. I'm not sure what the expectations here are exactly, but they seem pretty darn high to me. I think he is having a good year so far and will get better.

Vic not playing bad or anything but he's our # 2 guy and # 2 scoring option we should have so i'd like to see his points increase a little.. He's not bad though because of those huge games he's had.

Vic hasn't been playing bad. IMO he has been our third best best player behind Westbrook and Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by ljeatin26 View Post
    Vic hasn't been playing bad. IMO he has been our third best best player behind Westbrook and Kanter
    There is no way he isn't a better all around player than Kanter, no way in hell.

There is no way he isn't a better all around player than Kanter, no way in hell.
    They are both very good players i also think that Russ, Vic and Kanter are the 3 best all around impact players on the team right now.. Kanter just isn't given enough minutes or his impact and numbers would be even higher. I just don't see him being a huge liability on defense anymore.. When these 3 are on the floor there is a lot of weapons and a lot of options.

I think he has been. If you give them the same minutes Kanter is averaging 20 and 10. With just 19 minutes a game he is averaging 13 and 6 and that's counting the game against the cupcakes where he somehow only got 3 minutes.

lol @ saying wrong position like stockpiling shooters isnt the thing in the NBA now... guess the Spurs had it all wrong when they had their squad of snipers
    The God of Thunder has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by ljeatin26 View Post
    I think he has been. If you give them the same minutes Kanter is averaging 20 and 10. With just 19 minutes a game he is averaging 13 and 6 and that's counting the game against the cupcakes where he somehow only got 3 minutes.
    Yeah but you don't just play one end of the floor. Kanter has his moments. He looked all world against the Knicks. But there are plenty other times he vanishes.