+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oladipo trade

Oladipo was brought in with the idea of functioning in the same role as James Harden. With KD's departure, it has forced him into a role for which Sam Presti didn't intend. Is Victor the guy that will be traded? I'm not saying we should or that it will happen, but does his trade value give us the ability to get someone else at SF that we'll help our starting 5 improve?

Victor has been fine, not sure what people expected. No way should we trade him.

It's not that he's been bad, but can we get someone that's a better fit with RW? With Orlando, virtually every lineup with him hurt their +/-. I never saw much of Oladipo's game in Orlando. I can't say if he's better this year than last year. Victor might be a better trade piece than Kanter.

His contract extension will make it difficult to trade him. I think we overpaid him. But he has generally been good for us so I believe we should keep him (and Kanter).
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

How does trading Oladipo improve the team? We'll even say that you get Gordon Hayward who is probably the best SF with any chance of being traded. Does moving Roberson back to SG and Hayward being your starting SF and the bench remaining the same improve things? If they could package their spare parts for a wing to move Dipo into that 6th man role, as was envisioned when they traded for him, that might make a difference. However, the problem then becomes who are you going to get for some combination of Payne, Lauvergne, Grant, Huestis, Morrow and Singler? Rudy Gay? Does Gay put the team back into contender status?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJordanSingler View Post
    His contract extension will make it difficult to trade him. I think we overpaid him. But he has generally been good for us so I believe we should keep him (and Kanter).

His extension will pay him less than Bradley Beal and Harrison Barnes next year. Two inferior wings who got max contracts as FAs. If Oladipo would have gone to FA he would have gotten a max contract.

Absolutely Gordon Hayward makes our team better than Oladipo. I'm not seeing much Oladipo does well. He's careless with the ball and as of late, his shooting has gone downhill. I just hope he doesn't have a broken tailbone. I hope he's ok. That was a rough fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Absolutely Gordon Hayward makes our team better than Oladipo. I'm not seeing much Oladipo does well. He's careless with the ball and as of late, his shooting has gone downhill. I just hope he doesn't have a broken tailbone. I hope he's ok. That was a rough fall.
    Oladpo is a career 43% shooter and is shooting 46% this year, including 38% from 3. Hayward is a career 44% shooter and is shooting 45% this year and 36% from 3. Oladipo is averaging 1.7 turnovers a game this year compared to 1.9 for Hayward. If Oladipo's shooting and TOs are making you upset you really want someone that is not any better at those things and plays worse defense?

Fair points. it would be nice if his scoring was more consistent. There are too many 12 point nights.

I think we should be just a little more patient with Vic.. I see signs of a really near or legit all star player in him if he can just get a little more consistent. I wouldn't give up on him yet he's playing solid for a SG.. I'd like to see him be a little more consistent and be that go to guy in clutch situations.. I think the move to OKC has been a lot for him to adjust to and playing with and learning Russ is a lot to take on. For the numbers Vic has put up as pointed out and the streaks of great play from him has earned him some time to justify that contract he's got. He's just coming off that rookie contract and so is Adams so they both have some adjustment to do and i'm ok with giving them into next year to really start to develop further on their games from the start of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Fair points. it would be nice if his scoring was more consistent. There are too many 12 point nights.
    He is still adjusting to being more of a spot up shooter. While Russ being so ball dominant is great for the bigs because he gift wraps tehm layups and dunks all game long, our wing players are relagated to being spot up shooters. this is something I would like to see Billy address because Dipo has the tools and skill to be more of a slasher as well. (Although I believe his finishing around the rim could use some work.) I'd like to see someone else other than Russ get to the FT line with regularity
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

What does Dipo have to do to get some respect for his game? He's shooting 64% at the rim this year and 57% or his career. Russ is shooting 58% at the rim this year and 58% for his career. If I said Russ needed to get better at finishing at the rim people would scream and yell about how I was hating on Russ. The amount of disrespect people show for Dipo is insane. It's almost like a SG that plays great defense, shoots 38% from 3 and is finishing at the rim like a center this year is just another scrub that can be replaced off the crap heap in FA for the league minimum.

I love Oladipo, but I'd like to see him finish a little stronger at the rim when there's contact. I seem to remember that his first or second summer in the league, Russ worked out in L.A. with Derrick Rose and Kevin Love. One of the things they worked on was finishing through contact. It seemed to work with Rose and Russ...might be good for Victor, too. Otherwise, I think he's a keeper. We've waited a long time for a SG with his combination of skills. I don't see any reason to bail on him so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    What does Dipo have to do to get some respect for his game? He's shooting 64% at the rim this year and 57% or his career. Russ is shooting 58% at the rim this year and 58% for his career. If I said Russ needed to get better at finishing at the rim people would scream and yell about how I was hating on Russ. The amount of disrespect people show for Dipo is insane. It's almost like a SG that plays great defense, shoots 38% from 3 and is finishing at the rim like a center this year is just another scrub that can be replaced off the crap heap in FA for the league minimum.
    I don't get it either. This guy has been better than expected in my opinion. I can only expect people thought we were getting a clone of Klay or something.

I didn't expect a clone of Klay, but I would be lying if I said I didn't hope he would develop into an all star. I feel like we need a second all star to contend for a title. I'm hoping he becomes that player.