+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oladipo trade

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    I didn't expect a clone of Klay, but I would be lying if I said I didn't hope he would develop into an all star. I feel like we need a second all star to contend for a title. I'm hoping he becomes that player.
    That was very unrealistic, especially if you are judging him by that criteria after a month and a half.

I'm not really expecting him t be an all star right now. I'm just looking And hoping for a little more consistency. The point of the thread wasn't that we should trade him, but rather would he be our best asset to acquire a better player? FYI, I just read his wrist won't require surgery. That seemed like a strange comment for a sprained wrist. I hope this injury doesn't linger for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    What does Dipo have to do to get some respect for his game? He's shooting 64% at the rim this year and 57% or his career. Russ is shooting 58% at the rim this year and 58% for his career. If I said Russ needed to get better at finishing at the rim people would scream and yell about how I was hating on Russ. The amount of disrespect people show for Dipo is insane. It's almost like a SG that plays great defense, shoots 38% from 3 and is finishing at the rim like a center this year is just another scrub that can be replaced off the crap heap in FA for the league minimum.

I've said before I think he will start to develop more with the Thunder because he's not being asked to carry the team. It's Westbrook's team and he's only being asked to be a role player. That's a first for him. The only real complaint I have is that he's never seen a shot he didn't like.

The biggest problem is he has come into a team where he's been inserted into the # 2 scoring option where we used to have Russ/KD we now have Russ/Vic and that is too big of shoes for him to fill right now. It's really not fair to him as others have said his numbers are really pretty darn good for the situation he's been put into on a new team with new system and everything. I think he's showing signs of being an all star caliber player but then there are games you just don't notice him at all. I think he's progressing nicely on the team and in the system and i would expect him to become more and more of an impact into next year. His time with Russ is pretty short so far but he's already building chemistry with him and i think they will improve as time goes on to the point they will be considered one of the best back courts in the NBA. If we are ever going to be in title competition again that has to happen..

So far the only thing on the team that is somewhat disappointing to me is our 3pt shooting and our defense of the perimeter is not that good either. Vic is going to play a big part in that because he's the better defender between him and Russ and hes' the better shooter from 3. We are at 26th in the NBA shooting from 3 at 33%.. That's terrible to me.. GSW, SAS, LAC, Cavs, Raptors round out your top 5. Those are the best 5 teams int he NBA west/east right now. So until we improve our 3pt shooting to at least the top half of the NBA we can't be considered real threats at anything. This could be one reason A-mo is having a bigger impact on the team now getting more minutes.. Somebody probably looked at those numbers and said wow.. those are the top 5 teams right now and they have the highest % of 3pt shooting. The 3 is becoming so much more of team's offense now and players are getting REALLY good at making that shot.. even at 38% from Vic he's not even in the top 40 in the NBA just for comparison. He's 20th among SG's shooting the 3 which is respectable.. I think he needs to take MORE shots from 3 though.. He's at 38% and 20th which is 1 step above Klay Thompson but yet Klay makes 3 per game 1 more than Vic at 2.1 per game. I think there's room for Vic to shoot more 3's IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    I've said before I think he will start to develop more with the Thunder because he's not being asked to carry the team. It's Westbrook's team and he's only being asked to be a role player. That's a first for him. The only real complaint I have is that he's never seen a shot he didn't like.
    He went a long stretch last year where he didn't even start for Orlando, so he was hardly asked to carry the team.

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    He went a long stretch last year where he didn't even start for Orlando, so he was hardly asked to carry the team.
    Are you saying last year was his only year in the league?

He was drafted to be their star and failed.

Tomorrow, the 15th, is the day we can start really making trades, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    Are you saying last year was his only year in the league?

He was drafted to be their star and failed.
    I don't think that is true, but in any case, it wasn't the point. He was the 2nd pick only because it was a very poor draft. Not one guy taken in that draft is going to carry any team anywhere other than the Greek Freak whose name I won't even try to spell. There are some good players but but all are second/third option at best kind of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Tomorrow, the 15th, is the day we can start really making trades, right?
    No. They can't trade Westbrook until February 3rd; 6 months after he signed. Oladipo and Adams should be Dec 31st or Jan 1st, 3 months after they signed their extensions.

I guess it depends on who you are talking about. Something like Kanter, and filler, for Crabbe still couldn't happen until Jan 15th because Crabbe can't be traded until then. Yes, the rules are that inconsistent depending on how a player signs and when he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    I don't think that is true, but in any case, it wasn't the point. He was the 2nd pick only because it was a very poor draft. Not one guy taken in that draft is going to carry any team anywhere other than the Greek Freak whose name I won't even try to spell. There are some good players but but all are second/third option at best kind of guys.
    It was a very good and deep draft. It lacked the top end talent, but there are 15-20 starting caliber players from that draft and 3-4 all-stars. Just off-hand you had Oladipo, Adams, McCollum, Crabbe, Schroeder, Andre Roberson, Dieng, Noel, Greek Freak and I know I'm missing some. At the time it was considered a deep draft that lacked a superstar and with Noel being injured there was no telling who would go #1. Then Cleveland wasted the #1 pick. OKC had Adams fall into our lap. I remember some people that wanted Plumlee with that pick.

Oladipo was never supposed to be a stud that could carry a team. He was supposed to be a very good player, and he is, that could help Orlando build a contender. The problem is Orlando was unable to put a complete team around him. They have had issues finding a PG and Elfrid Payton isn't their solution to that problem. They ended up with what they felt was too many wings so they traded Oladipo. Aaron Gordon was a terrible pick for them as he has turned out to be a tweener in the mold of Jeff Green where he can't really play SF or PF at a high level.

For what it is worth, Oladipo should have been the #1 pick on draft night. Greek Freak and McCollum have both ended up being better players, but no one was projecting that at the time of the draft.

This is what I meant by poor draft...top end talent. Oladipo was nowhere near a #2 most years. I'm not knocking him one bit. I like him a lot.

That said, no way I'm putting Rbersn on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    It was a very good and deep draft. It lacked the top end talent, but there are 15-20 starting caliber players from that draft and 3-4 all-stars. Just off-hand you had Oladipo, Adams, McCollum, Crabbe, Schroeder, Andre Roberson, Dieng, Noel, Greek Freak and I know I'm missing some. At the time it was considered a deep draft that lacked a superstar and with Noel being injured there was no telling who would go #1. Then Cleveland wasted the #1 pick. OKC had Adams fall into our lap. I remember some people that wanted Plumlee with that pick.

Oladipo was never supposed to be a stud that could carry a team. He was supposed to be a very good player, and he is, that could help Orlando build a contender. The problem is Orlando was unable to put a complete team around him. They have had issues finding a PG and Elfrid Payton isn't their solution to that problem. They ended up with what they felt was too many wings so they traded Oladipo. Aaron Gordon was a terrible pick for them as he has turned out to be a tweener in the mold of Jeff Green where he can't really play SF or PF at a high level.

For what it is worth, Oladipo should have been the #1 pick on draft night. Greek Freak and McCollum have both ended up being better players, but no one was projecting that at the time of the draft.
    I was high on Gobert. Im not unhapy with the way Adams has turned out, but Rudy would be looking pretty good as well on this team
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os