Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I blame a lot of this on coaching. The Bench has not even competed the past 2 games.
    Kanter was getting it going and Billy sits him. He needs to learn to let guys play when they are on a roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Need Oladipo back badly or to make a trade for a wing guy worth a damn on the offensive end.

or play Kanter like 30 damn minutes.

I wouldn't care if the line up is Russ,_____, sabonis, Enes, and Adams. Better than seeing Grant and Roberson start the game.

Besides Russ, the Jazz are better at every single position. I get irritated at Russ for not passing. Then I see him pass, and Jerami Grant misses the entire goal and backboard on a shot.

Roberson has played 32 minutes and has produced ZERO points. Hopefully this is the last season this scrub is in a thunder uniform. The way presti was overpaying contracts(Adams,victor) I'm shocked he didn't give Roberson an extension

That was some BAD basketball the past 2 games. D league type of play from most of the team.

Roberson is far from the problem. At least he plays one side of the ball. Kanter is not the problem, at least HE plays one side of the ball. Its guys like Sabonis, Samaj, Singler, Grant (in spurts), Joffrey, Abrines and even Collison ,not playing at an NBA level at either end Nick still playing good D but is a step slow). Billy doesnt have to play 12 guys a night. I can forgive the rookies a bit but there are far too many guys not contributing on either end.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

What an absolutely frustrating game. We are missing a guy that averages 16-17 a night and are getting blown out as a result of it. To think that we needed Russ to get a triple double and Dipo starting in wins that we barely won, proves how weak this roster is. I would kill to have this Jazz roster.

- I am sick of Roberson.

- Grant refuses to shoot and instead drives all the way to rim and misses as badly as Roberson misses his jump shots. At least he's stepped up his FT shooting tho.

- Morrow is useless as well if his shot isn't there, bad defence and non-existent energy.

- Adams as good as he is so frustrating at times. He sees Russ dribble penetrate to the rim at 80 m/h and when Russ dishes to him, it's like he isn't expecting it at all. Hands are almost always down. So many turnovers on those plays lately. Some aren't perfect passes but when Adams has his hands down to begin with it allows defenders to swipe at the ball before he has a grip on it.

- We NEED to play Kanter MORE GODDAMMIT! He's the only guy other than Russ who plays at 110% and brings fuel to the fire. We are rarely seeing Russ and Kanter on the same court anymore. I remembered many, many assists from Russ to Kanter that aren't even possible lately. I don't care if you have to cut Adams minutes. We aren't playing great D to begin with as a team and there's no stopping hot shooting, so instead please Donovan, play Kanter MORE!

- Play Collision MORE! We need his toughness and his decisiveness around the rim and with the ball in his hands. He does not panic with the ball in his hands. I am sooo sick of all the other guys that panic with the ball!

- As another poster mentioned Russ is not going after boards as he used to. He must be trying to conserve some energy and as Dipo is down, I think that's smart.

- Lastly Donovan you moron, can you please, PLEASE set Russ up on some plays every game! For the first time in ages Russ was set up and it led to a clear path to the basket for a two handed dunk. Is that so hard to call? Why have we never set the man up with shots? Jfc, does all his FGs have to be off the dribble?

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    This could be a long game. Our second best offensive option, Adams, might have his toughest matchup of the season tonight.
    I don't think even Adams believe that he is second best offensive option...

Quote Originally Posted by Clangus View Post
    I blame a lot of this on coaching. The Bench has not even competed the past 2 games.
    Kanter was getting it going and Billy sits him. He needs to learn to let guys play when they are on a roll.
    Kanter will not finish this season in OKC. Billy does not believe him.

Poor performance from portland to utah now.. Terrible play without Dipo playing..

Russ is just trying to catch his breath right now. He just looks a little spent and after what he's done who can blame him.. I think he'll come back to being superman again but i don't know if we'll see that kind of stretch again that he had with 7 triple doubles.. What he needs to do is get back to giving his team mates good shots as his main goal but man this team has got to have someone that can make a damn shot to help him out.

Our 3 pt shooting is so bad right now that has to change. I think that's one of our biggest weaknesses right now is we just have like NO 3 pt shooting.. Even Morrow is struggling right now. It's hard for Russ to trust his guys when they shoot air balls..

Need to get back to running some offense we are not playing with any chemistry right now.. It's kind of frightening that one guy out can cause this much disruption in the team chemistry. To me some of that falls on the coach.. Normally when Vic goes out of a game A-mo comes in.. So if Vic is out.. why are you going to start Grant in his place? makes no sense to me. The team had good flow and that got totally disrupted by trying to create new rotations out of 1 guy out.. Should have kept it simple and if it doesn't work out then so be it but right now nobody even knows if it's because Russ is tired or the rotations are messed up with Vic being out.. I have a feeling a little of both but shouldn't have caused so much disruption to the normal rotation from just 1 guy being out..