+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clangus View Post
    I'd like Chandler. I dont know about trading Robes. In fact i dont really want anyone on this team to go except Singler. LOL
    I am shocked that Kanters name keeps getting mentioned as trade bait. Is no one else watching the same player I am? Sure if you read only the box scores you might not realise, but he is a machine on offense. Other teams HAVE to double him and he is starting to pass very well out of the double. I would be very disappionted if Kanter is traded.
    I don't see them trading Kanter short of an all star player. His contract is looking better and better these days.

So this whole running the offense through Kanter out of the post is interesting. I think I'm changing my viewpoint on him.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    So this whole running the offense through Kanter out of the post is interesting. I think I'm changing my viewpoint on him.
    So am I. Not someone the Thunder needs to trade.

The adjustments that Kanter is making (toughness) inside a crowded paint where he is being brutally assaulted mirrors his play alongside Adams, who has built up a tolerance for being banged around inside the paint.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

The Stash/Bash brothers played tough against one of the toughest front courts in the league and outplayed them. Their combined defense and offense held Gasol and ZBo very well. I was extremely happy with that. Its not just that the Grizz have those guys either. Its also that they play a "pack the paint" type defense. So Kater and Adams had to work very hard for everything.

Kanter is a keeper and I have been saying that for a while.

One interesting option I have thought of is Khris Middleton. Hes coming off an injury and its unclear if he'll 100% play this year, but he'd be a good fit at the starting 3. Can shoot, plays good D. If we could get him now for cheap while he's injured, it could work out well. No idea if the Bucks want to move him, but with the Greek Freak playing so well, he could be expendable for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Quote Originally Posted by Clangus View Post

One interesting option I have thought of is Khris Middleton. Hes coming off an injury and its unclear if he'll 100% play this year, but he'd be a good fit at the starting 3. Can shoot, plays good D. If we could get him now for cheap while he's injured, it could work out well. No idea if the Bucks want to move him, but with the Greek Freak playing so well, he could be expendable for them.
    Based upon what I can see, Payne is a guy Milwaukee could use. However to make a trade for Middleton it would need to involve a player with a larger salary like Kanter. Also, I'm pretty sure Middletons injury was kind of freakish. I think his hamstring completely detached from the bone. Who knows if he'll be of any value this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Based upon what I can see, Payne is a guy Milwaukee could use. However to make a trade for Middleton it would need to involve a player with a larger salary like Kanter. Also, I'm pretty sure Middletons injury was kind of freakish. I think his hamstring completely detached from the bone. Who knows if he'll be of any value this season.
    ahhhh didnt check salaries. Silly me. not sure of the rules but maybe our TPE from Ersan and Singler could make it work? providing we would be willing to take a flyer on that injury
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Feel there's hope that many of you feel that the Thunder will make a move to acquire a reputable SG or PF. Seeing is believing with the history of Presti's trades & draft picks.

Who knows, he many be ready to take that gamble.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Rudy Gay just popped his ACL. That saves OKC from giving away assets for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    That's too bad.. good thing he got that player's option in his back pocket. At his age that kind of injury is hard to recover from.

I wouldn't mind going after Norman Powell.

Quote Originally Posted by motto1997 View Post
    I wouldn't mind going after Norman Powell.
    I would love Powell. What do you think he would cost? I can't come up with anything that would work unless you are going to consider something like Kanter for Powell, Poeltl, the Clippers' first round pick and filler, i.e. Sullinger and Patterson. I'm not sure that helps OKC and I'm not sure Toronto would want Kanter. I don't think Toronto is really looking to deal unless they get a player that they think pushes them ahead of Cleveland and OKC isn't trading them that player.

I would love Powell. What do you think he would cost? I can't come up with anything that would work unless you are going to consider something like Kanter for Powell, Poeltl, the Clippers' first round pick and filler, i.e. Sullinger and Patterson. I'm not sure that helps OKC and I'm not sure Toronto would want Kanter. I don't think Toronto is really looking to deal unless they get a player that they think pushes them ahead of Cleveland and OKC isn't trading them that player.
    I think they would definitely want Kanter. But I would never want to move him so I dunno how this would work without involving him. It's time we face it that no moves will be made and just ride with this team. With Gay finished, I don't know what else is even realistic at this point?

With the injury to Gay, the Kings are in full TANK mode. They are actively shopping Barnes, McLemore, and Afflalo.

Singler for Ben McLemore straight up. The salaries work (the Kings may have to throw in a 2nd round pick or a minimum salary guy to be waived), but McLemore hasn't been the player he was expected to be when drafted early in 2013. He'd get a lot more open shots playing with Westbrook and Oladipo, though. He's a RFA, but he may be had cheap.

What say ye?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post
    With the injury to Gay, the Kings are in full TANK mode. They are actively shopping Barnes, McLemore, and Afflalo.

Singler for Ben McLemore straight up. The salaries work (the Kings may have to throw in a 2nd round pick or a minimum salary guy to be waived), but McLemore hasn't been the player he was expected to be when drafted early in 2013. He'd get a lot more open shots playing with Westbrook and Oladipo, though. He's a RFA, but he may be had cheap.

What say ye?
    McLemore is an interesting player. He should be better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    McLemore is an interesting player. He should be better than he is.
    He never plays so kind of hard to know what he actually is.