+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24
    Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Put it this way.. trade him for a mediocre wing and we likely drop out of the playoffs.. Adams/Kanter combo is the best weapon we have outside of Russ.. To break that up it better be something really damn good.
    OKC isn't dropping out of the playoffs this year. They have too much of a lead on NOLA, Sacramento just went full tank and Denver isn't going to catch them, especially if they can move some over their mediocre veterans. OKC could trade Kanter for a draft pick and expiring contracts and they would still make the playoffs this year.

Right now they are only a 50/50 playoff team for next year if they go into the tax to resign Lauvergne and Roberson. Next year is going to be very interesting if they don't sell some things off at the deadline, or on draft night. Staying the course with this group would make them one 20 game injury from Russ, Dipo or Adams away from missing the playoffs and being tax payers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    OKC isn't dropping out of the playoffs this year. They have too much of a lead on NOLA, Sacramento just went full tank and Denver isn't going to catch them, especially if they can move some over their mediocre veterans. OKC could trade Kanter for a draft pick and expiring contracts and they would still make the playoffs this year.

Right now they are only a 50/50 playoff team for next year if they go into the tax to resign Lauvergne and Roberson. Next year is going to be very interesting if they don't sell some things off at the deadline, or on draft night. Staying the course with this group would make them one 20 game injury from Russ, Dipo or Adams away from missing the playoffs and being tax payers.
    To trade Kanter for a draft pick we would be the laughing stock of the NBA. If you want to save money you'd be better off to trade Adams he's going to cost a lot more next year.

To trade Kanter for a draft pick we would be the laughing stock of the NBA. If you want to save money you'd be better off to trade Adams he's going to cost a lot more next year.
    You'd give up the significantly better player over $4.6M? An amount that doesn't let you do anything? My point was that they were a lock for the playoffs even if they gave Kanter away. It had nothing to do with them actually doing it, because at this point there is no reason to trade Kanter. If Kanter is going to be moved to clear payroll space it will be in the off-season so they can keep Roberson without going into the tax. The fact that they will most likely have to choose between two one way role players to avoid the tax on a team that is only 50/50 to make the playoffs next year should tell you all you need to know about this team. It is in terrible shape and needs to be blown up and rebuilt.

Next year is going to be a disaster.

Pelican have gotten significantly better and the Nuggets are going to be much better because Jokic will be a top 10 player.

Thunder are in awful shape right now.

You'd give up the significantly better player over $4.6M? An amount that doesn't let you do anything? My point was that they were a lock for the playoffs even if they gave Kanter away. It had nothing to do with them actually doing it, because at this point there is no reason to trade Kanter. If Kanter is going to be moved to clear payroll space it will be in the off-season so they can keep Roberson without going into the tax. The fact that they will most likely have to choose between two one way role players to avoid the tax on a team that is only 50/50 to make the playoffs next year should tell you all you need to know about this team. It is in terrible shape and needs to be blown up and rebuilt.
    I don't think they keep Andre and they sure won't trade Kanter to keep him. They already tried to extend Andre earlier and he wanted more money and we said no so that tells me he probably walks. Kanter is 1000x better than Andre is. I agree that Kanter may be trade asset at some point. I think it depends on how the season goes and ends and what happens around the league. BUt I don't get this trade Kanter no matter what idea when the STRENGTH of our team outside of Russ is Kanter/Adams playing together.. If you trade any of our core players the first person i'd put on the block is Vic he's overpaid IMO and there are a lot of other SG's that get paid less and can contribute just as much. You can probably find a decent SG that will give you good contributions for nearly half of Vic's salary. 21 mil for him is way too much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    Next year is going to be a disaster.

Pelican have gotten significantly better and the Nuggets are going to be much better because Jokic will be a top 10 player.

Thunder are in awful shape right now.
    And you can thank cupcake for that.

And you can thank cupcake for that.
    At this point it doesn't matter who is to blame. OKC is in the situation they are in and they need to accept it. They should be the biggest sellers of the day.

They should be the biggest sellers of the day.
    Honestly, I don't think that will happen. We can choose to suck at any point along the way, but there's no guarantee we'll ever have another Russell Westbrook. That's why I think we'll ride this pony to the end, then go from there. We've seen how much just adding a player like Taj has changed things...and that wasn't a big trade. I kinda think there's some similar moves we could make to upgrade things. This was always going to be a year of us being in limbo. I want to see what happens this summer.