+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

I guess make this your wish list for the free agent/trade you would like to see the thunder acquire. I'm going to be somewhat realistic and not suggest Paul George or Antetokounmpo, even though I love them. I'm going to put some young guys I like that might not be as unattainable as the aforementioned.

Otto Porter JR. he's averaging 13.5/5 and and shooting 40% from three. I know he's going to have to get paid, but I like his potential and seems like a Presti guy.

Devin Booker- I dont think the suns would trade him but I really like him. Some might say he's having a second year slump but I think he would do well with Russel Westbrook and Oladipo. He's a pure shooter. Right now he's being asked to do more than he's ready to to do. Booker is 6'6, so having a three guard lineup might not kill us.

Jaylen Brown-I think he's an up-and-comer but probably won't help us much this year.

Zach Lavine- Rumor is Thibbs would trade a young guy for a solid defensive vet. Roberson?? Not likely, lol. But a guy can dream, right?

Gordon Hayward-i dont know why he would leave Utah. If they can get their roster healthy, I think they can be REALLY good. I just hope Kanter told him how much better OKC is than Salt Lake City.

Reggie Jackson- I would like to see him back on the thunder bench next to singler and never play one minute more to his NBA career. Every time Russ scores he can look at Reggie and smile and ask him, "who is your daddy?".

Reggie signed a MAX contract with Detroit so he isn't going anywhere. KD will opt out and if he secretly hates it in Golden State ....
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJordanSingler View Post
    KD will opt out and if he secretly hates it in Golden State ....
    OKC would have to move two of Oladipo, Kanter, Russ and Adams to be able to bring back kd. They would have to get enough under the cap to sign him with space.

Norman Powell, SG, Tor. He's a good 3pt shooter who plays solid defense, finishes at the rim and is stuck in a numbers crunch. His limited playing time, 15 MPG, makes him expendable and he hasn't been able to show enough to have a lot of trade value. I'm not sure anything matches up for the Thunder to acquire him, maybe Abrines and a future 1st. Powell has a chance to become a very good player that could become that missing piece in the wing rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    Norman Powell, SG, Tor. He's a good 3pt shooter who plays solid defense, finishes at the rim and is stuck in a numbers crunch. His limited playing time, 15 MPG, makes him expendable and he hasn't been able to show enough to have a lot of trade value. I'm not sure anything matches up for the Thunder to acquire him, maybe Abrines and a future 1st. Powell has a chance to become a very good player that could become that missing piece in the wing rotation.
    "In June, Sportsnetís Michael Grange reported that the Thunder asked the Raptors for Patterson, Joseph, Powell and the lottery pick that became Jakob Poeltl for a full year of Ibaka, before he hit free agency. The Raptors balked, and Ibaka ended up going to Orlando for a package that included a lottery pick and Victor Oladipo."

It sounds like Powell is at least on Prestis's radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Jaylen Brown-I think he's an up-and-comer but probably won't help us much this year.
    The only realistic name on the list. He could be part of a package for Russ. Boston isn't going to trade for Kanter when they were careful about contracts this off-season to make sure they would be a player in FA again. Payne isn't going to interest them with their group of PGs and combo guards. Sabonis and Roberson for Brown could interest Boston, but that is bad for OKC both short-term and long-term.

We probably end up trading something for Rudy Gay would be my guess. Sac knows he's going to walk and knows we want him.

I'm fine with Gay for this year, but I don't want him long term because of his age. I do want Russ to have some help this year so he doesn't become frustrated being here. If we were to trade Kanter for Gay, what kind of cap space does that open up for us in the offseason?

I'm fine with Gay for this year, but I don't want him long term because of his age. I do want Russ to have some help this year so he doesn't become frustrated being here. If we were to trade Kanter for Gay, what kind of cap space does that open up for us in the offseason?
    If they trade for Gay they will have to extend him or they will be in worse shape next year. Kanter, who Sacramento has no interest in, for Gay would leave OKC with around $5M in cap space this off-season. Basically, it means they either use the bird rights they would get to extend Gay or they gave away Kanter for nothing. After extending Adams and Oladipo OKC will not have cap space this off-season. It is not possible. The only way OKC gets cap space is to move TWO of Russ, Oladipo, Adams and Kanter.

OKC does have some cap space right now, but that goes away when the extensions kick in. So they could do something like Payne and Morrow for Gay, but again unless they are going to extend Gay there is no point.

If they trade for Gay they will have to extend him or they will be in worse shape next year. Kanter, who Sacramento has no interest in, for Gay would leave OKC with around $5M in cap space this off-season. Basically, it means they either use the bird rights they would get to extend Gay or they gave away Kanter for nothing. After extending Adams and Oladipo OKC will not have cap space this off-season. It is not possible. The only way OKC gets cap space is to move TWO of Russ, Oladipo, Adams and Kanter.

OKC does have some cap space right now, but that goes away when the extensions kick in. So they could do something like Payne and Morrow for Gay, but again unless they are going to extend Gay there is no point.
    I'm curious, what do you think is their best course of action?

I'm curious, what do you think is their best course of action?
    Blow it up and start over. Trade Russ, which can't be done for another seven weeks, for a package from Boston including Crowder and picks. Ideally, it would include Isaiah Thomas who would get flipped to Philly for more picks. Trade Oladipo for picks and young players. Trade Kanter for anything of future value, i.e. any first round pick, young players, etc. Throw Payne into the fire at starting PG and see if he can be the leader or if he is more suited for the backup role. Keep Roberson as the defensive wing and keep Sabonis and Adams as the starting big men. Give Abrines the starting job and see how he develops. Use the multiple lottery picks in this draft that looks to be the best since 2003 and could end up being better than the 2003 draft to start rebuilding.

Yes, it will mean missing the playoffs for 2-3 years as the youth develops. Yes, it will suck having gone from a contender to a lottery team. However, it is better to be a lottery team for 2-3 years with a chance to return to contender status then to be a 1st round playoff exit this year and next then become a lottery team with too much talent to bottom out and be picking in the late lottery and getting stuck in spot where there is no hope for the present or future.

Blow it up and start over. Trade Russ, which can't be done for another seven weeks, for a package from Boston including Crowder and picks. Ideally, it would include Isaiah Thomas who would get flipped to Philly for more picks. Trade Oladipo for picks and young players. Trade Kanter for anything of future value, i.e. any first round pick, young players, etc. Throw Payne into the fire at starting PG and see if he can be the leader or if he is more suited for the backup role. Keep Roberson as the defensive wing and keep Sabonis and Adams as the starting big men. Give Abrines the starting job and see how he develops. Use the multiple lottery picks in this draft that looks to be the best since 2003 and could end up being better than the 2003 draft to start rebuilding.

Yes, it will mean missing the playoffs for 2-3 years as the youth develops. Yes, it will suck having gone from a contender to a lottery team. However, it is better to be a lottery team for 2-3 years with a chance to return to contender status then to be a 1st round playoff exit this year and next then become a lottery team with too much talent to bottom out and be picking in the late lottery and getting stuck in spot where there is no hope for the present or future.
    I can't believe you'd want to blow it up but keep Rbersn, a guy Presti didn't think was worth what he was asking just a little over a month ago.

Im thinking some sort of 3 way with Philly. Philly should move Noel - they have cap space to assist. I dont know if Noel and Demarcus can play as twin towers but Noel would have some value. Not sure who we trade though. Cam Payne, Abrines and throw in singler for someone to waive?
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

At this point Presti has to do something or it is a lost season other than cheering on Russell Westbrook. Maybe that is the plan, but this is painfully ugly basketball to watch outside of Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    At this point Presti has to do something or it is a lost season other than cheering on Russell Westbrook. Maybe that is the plan, but this is painfully ugly basketball to watch outside of Russ.
    Every season is going to be like that as long as Russ remains in OKC. Just like Dirk in Dallas after their championship run only OKC couldn't finish their playoff runs with a championship. By the time OKC has the cap room to do anything that would make a difference Russ will be 32 and declining and the window will be closing fast.