+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    I'd be more interested to see if any type of trade is made between now and deadline before looking to the draft.
    If we surrounded Russ with shooters like Houston has done with Harden we'd be fun to watch and a better team. Having no real shooters kills us in close games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    Picking in the 20s that is the current projection. Either a draft and stash or a defensive minded forward depending on which mock I look at. In order to get a player that would have a chance at improving the roster, at least in the short term, they would need to move into the top 12. There they would have a shot at Terrance Ferguson or OG Anuoby who would be nice fits on the roster. Both should be 3&D rotation wings as rookies, but I'm not sure how Presti moves around on draft day to get a player that could contribute right away and with 9 players under contract in addition to the options on Grant and Christon and RFAs Lauvergne and Roberson I could see a draft and stash with Presti bringing back the current roster minus Collison and maybe Morrow.
    If we are are picking in the 20's then doesn't our pick go to Phili as part of the Grant trade?

Quote Originally Posted by ljeatin26 View Post
    If we are are picking in the 20's then doesn't our pick go to Phili as part of the Grant trade?
    That isn't until 2020.

Do we have a pick this year?

Yes, OKC has their pick this year. Their 2018 pick goes to Utah, lottery protected through 2020. Their 2020 pick, or two years after they give up the Utah pick, goes to Philly and is top 20 protected. A team can not trade their pick in consecutive years and since OKC's pick last year went to Cleveland in the Waiters trade, although it eventually ended up with the 76ers, OKC has to keep their pick this year and can not trade another first round pick until at least 2022. Sabonis was drafted with Orlando's pick so it does not fill the using your pick rule.

Let's say we end up with a pick around 20. How hard is it to move up to around 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Let's say we end up with a pick around 20. How hard is it to move up to around 10?
    In this draft? It would cost a significant piece to move up that far. Probably Adams or Oladipo. Keep in mind this is the best draft class in a long time. You have 5-8 prospects, depending on who you ask, that could be franchise leading players. Then the 2nd tier, which extends to around 12-15 players, that can be at least starting players on very good teams by their 2nd season. This draft is like the 2003 draft with a strong group of tier two prospects instead of just a stacked top with LeBron, Wade, Bosh and 'Melo.

OKC isn't going to be able to trade up unless they are committing to a rebuild because of the price it will cost. If they wanted a shot at rebuilding the franchise in a hurry they should have traded Russ to Boston and tanked this season. They could have kept everyone else and still had their own top 5 pick and the Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown at SF. Having two top 5 picks in this draft which could have been Lonzo Ball and Malik Monk to go with the current role players in Oladipo, Adams, Kanter, Roberson, Sabonis, etc they would have had a chance to replace Russ and kd in one season. Yes, it would have taken 2-3 years for them to develop to that level like it took Russ, kd and Harden, but there would have been a huge upside with a chance to only miss the playoffs one year and then be back to contender for the 2019-2020 season. There is nothing out there that can give that fast a turn around at this point because there is no way for OKC to have multiple top 5 picks without enough pieces that it becomes a complete rebuild.

Are you saying it would take Adams/Oladipo plus trading our pick to get the around the 10th pick? I didn't word my question clearly. I was meaning could we offer a player coupled with our pick in order to move up. I didn't know if our potential pick has enough value that we could move up without getting rid of Oladipo or Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Are you saying it would take Adams/Oladipo plus trading our pick to get the around the 10th pick? I didn't word my question clearly. I was meaning could we offer a player coupled with our pick in order to move up. I didn't know if our potential pick has enough value that we could move up without getting rid of Oladipo or Adams.
    Technically, no. OKC couldn't trade up with a player since they didn't use their pick last year. However, I believe that OKC can trade the rights to the player they pick, along with another player, for the rights to a player drafted higher. OKC has to make their pick. This makes it hard for another team to agree to do something like that because the pick wouldn't be their asset if the draft falls in a way other than they think because they wouldn't be able to use the pick to move up or down and would be stuck there.

Would Miami take Abrines, Payne and Singler for Goran Dragic? Dragic can create for others and should be able to play off of the ball when Russell is on the court. He would also be a hell of PG to pair with Kanter on the bench. It sucks that he is 31 but he signed his contract before the contract explosion and he is getting less than $16 million this season. He's currently averaging 19 and 7 and shooting 40% from 3. An 8 man depth chart for the playoffs of Westbrook, Oladipo, Roberson, Sabonis, Adams, Dragic, Grant and Kanter looks really good. With spot minutes going to Morrow and Collison.

Would Miami take Abrines, Payne and Singler for Goran Dragic? Dragic can create for others and should be able to play off of the ball when Russell is on the court. He would also be a hell of PG to pair with Kanter on the bench. It sucks that he is 31 but he signed his contract before the contract explosion and he is getting less than $16 million this season. He's currently averaging 19 and 7 and shooting 40% from 3. An 8 man depth chart for the playoffs of Westbrook, Oladipo, Roberson, Sabonis, Adams, Dragic, Grant and Kanter looks really good. With spot minutes going to Morrow and Collison.
    Not giving up the only guy that can shoot 3s in Abrines for Dragic.
    Also Dragic and Russ have a beef, not sure they can get over it like a Kobe did with some of his competitors that became teammates.

No. The Heat won't trade for prospects while Riley is in charge. They are waiting for Bosh to retire to get that contract off the books then they are going to try to find another max contract to replace him to go with Dragic and Whiteside. They might sign Millsap this off-season. Riley would rather be in purgatory than rebuild.

I've said before that Porter would be the player I'd like to see the Thunder add. I don't see any way that happens. Another player that hasn't been talked much about is Wilson Chandler from the Nuggets. Trading Kanter would require a third team. But if Denver is just wanting add defense Wilson for Singler and Roberson works in the trade machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    I've said before that Porter would be the player I'd like to see the Thunder add. I don't see any way that happens. Another player that hasn't been talked much about is Wilson Chandler from the Nuggets. Trading Kanter would require a third team. But if Denver is just wanting add defense Wilson for Singler and Roberson works in the trade machine.
    I love Porter. He has one of the highest fg percentages of a non-center in the NBA. Washington fans think he's going to get close to max money.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    I'd like Chandler. I dont know about trading Robes. In fact i dont really want anyone on this team to go except Singler. LOL
    I am shocked that Kanters name keeps getting mentioned as trade bait. Is no one else watching the same player I am? Sure if you read only the box scores you might not realise, but he is a machine on offense. Other teams HAVE to double him and he is starting to pass very well out of the double. I would be very disappionted if Kanter is traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os