+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 170
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    7,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    Those bull and Laker teams were brilliant ball movement teams that played selfless basketball.

    As much as KDs performance in 5/6/7 left much to be desired he played flawless basketball the first 4 games.

    I get thunder fans want to prop Westbrook up and shoot KD down. Lots of reasons to do it but let's not rewrite history now.
    I'm not personally. KD is a tremendous talent obviously. He just isn't the person we thought he was and rather than deal with his failing and making him stronger he ran to an easier situation.

    LOL about those Bulls and Lakers teams. That is revisionist history at its finest. When the game was on the line, they played as much or more ISO ball as the Thunder did. They just make a lot more shots than KD did. He was actually really good at it during our trip to the finals year, hit a lot of big shots, but that didn't last.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,991
    You should research and watch some film from those teams. The level of team ball in comparison to the Thunder is not even worth discussing.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    7,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    You should research and watch some film from those teams. The level of team ball in comparison to the Thunder is not even worth discussing.
    I've watched them plenty. I go back to the days of watching Rick Barry win a title, so I've seen my share of basketball. Players win championships, not pretty basketball.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    Norman Powell, SG, Tor. He's a good 3pt shooter who plays solid defense, finishes at the rim and is stuck in a numbers crunch. His limited playing time, 15 MPG, makes him expendable and he hasn't been able to show enough to have a lot of trade value. I'm not sure anything matches up for the Thunder to acquire him, maybe Abrines and a future 1st. Powell has a chance to become a very good player that could become that missing piece in the wing rotation.
    "In June, Sportsnetís Michael Grange reported that the Thunder asked the Raptors for Patterson, Joseph, Powell and the lottery pick that became Jakob Poeltl for a full year of Ibaka, before he hit free agency. The Raptors balked, and Ibaka ended up going to Orlando for a package that included a lottery pick and Victor Oladipo."

    It sounds like Powell is at least on Prestis's radar.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    He wanted to play with a team that actually embraces ball movement. Not one man domination of the ball that breaks down because its much easier to defend stationary targets.
    YOu are full of **** too he wanted to play for a team that was going to give him a ring hand wrapped and gifted.. Don't give me that crap why don't you go and root for GSW if you think KD is so much smarter and they are such a better team.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    Legitimate question. How much basketball you all watch outside of Thunder games?

    The comparison of the quality of offense is stark even in comparison to a team like the Bucks/Nuggets. The warriors are on a whole other level above that.

    Westbrook is a once in a lifetime individual talent. But within the confines of a team game, which is what basketball is, Westbrook is not as great as people prop him up to be.
    Again FULL OF ****... Russ is a once in a lifetime player that just made a 20/20/10 game... Lets see KD do that... Oh wait.. he's smarter right for going to a team that wants to play ball movement... you have no credibility.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    Those bull and Laker teams were brilliant ball movement teams that played selfless basketball.

    As much as KDs performance in 5/6/7 left much to be desired he played flawless basketball the first 4 games.

    I get thunder fans want to prop Westbrook up and shoot KD down. Lots of reasons to do it but let's not rewrite history now.
    Did you not watch the finals last year? Who do you think played better ball Russ or KD? If you don't know the answer to that or if you think KD did then i can't help you and you are just going to spew KD love and Russ hate no matter what anyone says. Russ simply makes the players around him better. Kd does not.. KD is a great all star player and i legitimately think he was 2nd best player before his injury because of his talent but when he got injured i have never seen him play to that level again. He is doing just fine up in GSW when he's surrounded by great players that make life easy for him and when he has bad games it doesn't show up in the spot light. That's fine GSW is 10x better than any other team on paper they have the very definition of a super team with what they got. So be it that's what KD wanted to do.. That's why his name and legacy will never be the same and that's why every great player ... even the ones from those teams you mention... have knocked on him for doing what he did.. I guess if you think that's cool to do what he did then whatever we disagree.. A great player that wants to be remembered for what he did on the floor.. on the court... off the court.. in every aspect of the game.. There absolutely is no comparison between Russ and KD.. Russ comes out on top in so many ways... If you value a better ISO shooter then KD is your man.. Apparently KD is your man even though you preach ball movement I can 110% guarantee you KD is NOT the reason GSW has ball movement they had that as well as a title long before KD showed up so don't try to act like KD is the reason GSW is so good and he is the reason they are playing ball movement.. He just came along for the ride and he's a great shooter to help them spread the floor around and let their all stars ISO/Shoot whatever.. Makes the assist and ball movement look good.. How many of those magical passes that Russ makes do you think KD is making?

    If you truly are a OKC fan then quit bitchin about what we have and appreciate the inspiration that Russell Westbrook brings to this franchise and what he is doing for the game. We are fortunate to have him and he is a once in a lifetime player. He's making numbers that rival legends in the NBA. He's not finished yet and maybe.. just maybe.. we can eventually get enough good players around him to win a title.. If not then we came close and he'll go down as a legend in the NBA.. 20 years from now I would bet that people will rank Russ above KD in the player department any day and then some.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,746
    thunder in NY has been bitching about russ for years. I say stick with the knicks or nets. He cant face the fact that #35 tanked last year in the playoffs. #35 is just a little bitch, so it only makes sense he's a fan of his. How many legends of the game talk bout #35 the same way they talk bout russ? Russ is a player from their era. Take no ****ing prisoners, the other team is the enemy. None of this "lovey dovey" bull**** we see now. Could you EVER see Russ hanging out with other players from another team, especially during a playoff series? **** NO he wouldn't. Stick with the teams in NY, guess you don't know or appreciate greatness when you see it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    God I can't wait for the Warriors to fail at winning a ship this season so we can put this KD second best player in the NBA to rest. He's a great shooter Ill give ya that. That's about it as far as what he does great........2nd best my ass.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Did you not watch the finals last year? Who do you think played better ball Russ or KD? If you don't know the answer to that or if you think KD did then i can't help you and you are just going to spew KD love and Russ hate no matter what anyone says. Russ simply makes the players around him better. Kd does not.. KD is a great all star player and i legitimately think he was 2nd best player before his injury because of his talent but when he got injured i have never seen him play to that level again. He is doing just fine up in GSW when he's surrounded by great players that make life easy for him and when he has bad games it doesn't show up in the spot light. That's fine GSW is 10x better than any other team on paper they have the very definition of a super team with what they got. So be it that's what KD wanted to do.. That's why his name and legacy will never be the same and that's why every great player ... even the ones from those teams you mention... have knocked on him for doing what he did.. I guess if you think that's cool to do what he did then whatever we disagree.. A great player that wants to be remembered for what he did on the floor.. on the court... off the court.. in every aspect of the game.. There absolutely is no comparison between Russ and KD.. Russ comes out on top in so many ways... If you value a better ISO shooter then KD is your man.. Apparently KD is your man even though you preach ball movement I can 110% guarantee you KD is NOT the reason GSW has ball movement they had that as well as a title long before KD showed up so don't try to act like KD is the reason GSW is so good and he is the reason they are playing ball movement.. He just came along for the ride and he's a great shooter to help them spread the floor around and let their all stars ISO/Shoot whatever.. Makes the assist and ball movement look good.. How many of those magical passes that Russ makes do you think KD is making?

    If you truly are a OKC fan then quit bitchin about what we have and appreciate the inspiration that Russell Westbrook brings to this franchise and what he is doing for the game. We are fortunate to have him and he is a once in a lifetime player. He's making numbers that rival legends in the NBA. He's not finished yet and maybe.. just maybe.. we can eventually get enough good players around him to win a title.. If not then we came close and he'll go down as a legend in the NBA.. 20 years from now I would bet that people will rank Russ above KD in the player department any day and then some.
    Don't you know according to some here KD makes his teammates better because he went to a team, whose sole philosophy revolves around ball movement. Apparently KD gets credit for making his new teammates better by doing what they have all been doing already, for the last few years.......lol.

    You're right btw, KD doesn't make a single player better. Proof of that is his time here, period. Don't give me this crap about ball movement in GS. He's following the coach/teams game plan, night-in night-out.

    I honestly can't think of a single thing other than being an efficient, accurate shooter that KD does so well. How in the heck can anyone consider him the 2nd best player in the league? Dude hasn't grown his overall game at all. Look at LBJ when he was in CLE the first time around and compare it to now. Dude is a completely different player. Look at Kahwi in his short career. From defense stud to a more than capable scorer and team leader. Look at Russ, 22 assists franchise record! This coming from an out of control ball hog, who is now mr. triple double on meth.

    What has KD gotten better at since 2012? Ohh he's a better shooter now? Really? Big ****ing deal.

    Once the Warriors don't win a championship this season, we can all laugh at their brand of "pretty" and lame basketball.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,370
    I think it's a matter of personnel and system. I used to watch the Jordan-era Bulls a LOT and I've always said that when the Bulls got scary was when they added Pippin. That, combined with Jordan involving the rest of the team more allowed the Bulls to evolve. Jordan was always great, but the team never could quite get over the hump until they started playing more team ball. That let them unleash Jordan because now teams couldn't double and triple team him. But...team ball might not have been so dominant if they hadn't also had players like Pippin, Grant, and later, Rodman. There's a laundry list of decent, but not always great, players who went through that system and were very effective. Cartwright, Kukoc, B.J., Paxson, Kerr, Hodges, etc... And while I do remember Michael and Scotty taking over games, primarily I remember them making clutch plays when needed, as opposed to going ISO all the time and trying to do everything themselves.

    Another thing that I think is getting lost in the conversation is that we didn't just lose one important player this off-season. We lost two. I think the loss of Ibaka's contributions on both end of the court are somewhat magnifying the loss of KD because mostly we're attributing the change in the Thunder this season to simply losing KD. I really like Sabonis and Oladipo, but I often wonder how the Thunder would be doing if we'd kept Serge and made him a bigger part of the offense like he wanted. I know we wouldn't be as good as we've been the last few years, but I can't help but think we'd be more consistent.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Did you not watch the finals last year? Who do you think played better ball Russ or KD? If you don't know the answer to that or if you think KD did then i can't help you and you are just going to spew KD love and Russ hate no matter what anyone says. Russ simply makes the players around him better. Kd does not.. KD is a great all star player and i legitimately think he was 2nd best player before his injury because of his talent but when he got injured i have never seen him play to that level again. He is doing just fine up in GSW when he's surrounded by great players that make life easy for him and when he has bad games it doesn't show up in the spot light. That's fine GSW is 10x better than any other team on paper they have the very definition of a super team with what they got. So be it that's what KD wanted to do.. That's why his name and legacy will never be the same and that's why every great player ... even the ones from those teams you mention... have knocked on him for doing what he did.. I guess if you think that's cool to do what he did then whatever we disagree.. A great player that wants to be remembered for what he did on the floor.. on the court... off the court.. in every aspect of the game.. There absolutely is no comparison between Russ and KD.. Russ comes out on top in so many ways... If you value a better ISO shooter then KD is your man.. Apparently KD is your man even though you preach ball movement I can 110% guarantee you KD is NOT the reason GSW has ball movement they had that as well as a title long before KD showed up so don't try to act like KD is the reason GSW is so good and he is the reason they are playing ball movement.. He just came along for the ride and he's a great shooter to help them spread the floor around and let their all stars ISO/Shoot whatever.. Makes the assist and ball movement look good.. How many of those magical passes that Russ makes do you think KD is making?

    If you truly are a OKC fan then quit bitchin about what we have and appreciate the inspiration that Russell Westbrook brings to this franchise and what he is doing for the game. We are fortunate to have him and he is a once in a lifetime player. He's making numbers that rival legends in the NBA. He's not finished yet and maybe.. just maybe.. we can eventually get enough good players around him to win a title.. If not then we came close and he'll go down as a legend in the NBA.. 20 years from now I would bet that people will rank Russ above KD in the player department any day and then some.
    Truly being a fan of an organization doesn't mean you have to blindly root for them despite not liking things that you see. Its just my preference not to see one man dribble the ball for 90% of the possession. I don't think thats the right way to play basketball. All the things you mentioned are offensively. I guess you are fine with RW gambling on multiple possession which cost the team buckets? Or how about drifting and losing his man open just to get rebounds?

    Nobody is denying that Russ is going to be an all time great. I think youi are a bit crazy if you think that any basketball fan outside of OKC will ever think that Russ is better than KD. Thats just my opinion that probably won't be shared around here. In my opinion KD is essentially the perfect basketball player.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
    I think it's a matter of personnel and system. I used to watch the Jordan-era Bulls a LOT and I've always said that when the Bulls got scary was when they added Pippin. That, combined with Jordan involving the rest of the team more allowed the Bulls to evolve. Jordan was always great, but the team never could quite get over the hump until they started playing more team ball. That let them unleash Jordan because now teams couldn't double and triple team him. But...team ball might not have been so dominant if they hadn't also had players like Pippin, Grant, and later, Rodman. There's a laundry list of decent, but not always great, players who went through that system and were very effective. Cartwright, Kukoc, B.J., Paxson, Kerr, Hodges, etc... And while I do remember Michael and Scotty taking over games, primarily I remember them making clutch plays when needed, as opposed to going ISO all the time and trying to do everything themselves.

    Another thing that I think is getting lost in the conversation is that we didn't just lose one important player this off-season. We lost two. I think the loss of Ibaka's contributions on both end of the court are somewhat magnifying the loss of KD because mostly we're attributing the change in the Thunder this season to simply losing KD. I really like Sabonis and Oladipo, but I often wonder how the Thunder would be doing if we'd kept Serge and made him a bigger part of the offense like he wanted. I know we wouldn't be as good as we've been the last few years, but I can't help but think we'd be more consistent.
    Exactly. Look at what the ball movement system has done for Durant. He is at all time highs in efficiency. The second he step foot on that team he was the best player. Everybody knows it. When you watch the Warriors play he is still the focal point...as he should be. That type of offense would never happen on OKC because RW doesn't like to swing the ball when soemthing isn't there. He will just pound the ball into the ground and wait for another PnR.

    I disagree on Ibaka. I think the move was brilliant and think Sabonis will be a big time player by the end of next season.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by motto1997 View Post
    Don't you know according to some here KD makes his teammates better because he went to a team, whose sole philosophy revolves around ball movement. Apparently KD gets credit for making his new teammates better by doing what they have all been doing already, for the last few years.......lol.

    You're right btw, KD doesn't make a single player better. Proof of that is his time here, period. Don't give me this crap about ball movement in GS. He's following the coach/teams game plan, night-in night-out.

    I honestly can't think of a single thing other than being an efficient, accurate shooter that KD does so well. How in the heck can anyone consider him the 2nd best player in the league? Dude hasn't grown his overall game at all. Look at LBJ when he was in CLE the first time around and compare it to now. Dude is a completely different player. Look at Kahwi in his short career. From defense stud to a more than capable scorer and team leader. Look at Russ, 22 assists franchise record! This coming from an out of control ball hog, who is now mr. triple double on meth.

    What has KD gotten better at since 2012? Ohh he's a better shooter now? Really? Big ****ing deal.

    Once the Warriors don't win a championship this season, we can all laugh at their brand of "pretty" and lame basketball.
    Guess you completely ignore defense because KD has become a fantastic on ball defender and help defender.

    You don't remember when Russ was injurred? We were still a great team and he made everyone on that team better.

    I get it - OKC fans are pissed at KD for leaving. You are entitled to be.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    Truly being a fan of an organization doesn't mean you have to blindly root for them despite not liking things that you see. Its just my preference not to see one man dribble the ball for 90% of the possession. I don't think thats the right way to play basketball. All the things you mentioned are offensively. I guess you are fine with RW gambling on multiple possession which cost the team buckets? Or how about drifting and losing his man open just to get rebounds?

    Nobody is denying that Russ is going to be an all time great. I think youi are a bit crazy if you think that any basketball fan outside of OKC will ever think that Russ is better than KD. Thats just my opinion that probably won't be shared around here. In my opinion KD is essentially the perfect basketball player.
    You are so full of **** and KD love you are blind. The perfect basketball player is going to win their team a championship man.. Perfect basketball player OMG.. Do you REALLY think that the world is going to see KD as the reason GSW wins a title if they do win??? LOL oh wait... they already got one without him because of their other great players... You don't have a clue what a perfect basketball player is. The closest definition of a perfect basketball player MJ will also tell you who the better player is who brought his team multiple titles on his own.. not going running off to another team to hitch a ride.

    Yes we disagree here i know you hate Russ and everything he does.. I know you love KD and blame all his failures on OKC on everyone else including Russ. Not his system whatever.. That's fine your entitled to your opinion as well but if you think your in the majority of that thinking then keep on dreaming... The NBA greats from the past that probably know a bit more about the game than you do have a tendency to disagree with you.. If you really despise what Russ does and blame all these failures on the OKC franchise why are you even a fan? I mean there's plenty of fanboys for GSW if you love everything they do so much. Must be tough to watch every game and see Russ getting triple doubles and when they win must really hurt because all you want to do is bash Russ.. The only time i ever see you on here is when you are wanting to bash Russ..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts