+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ljeatin26 View Post
    Everybody but Russ, Oladipo, Adams, Sabonis and Kanter would be on my trading block come trade deadline time. Payne hasn't played at all this year, for all we know at this point is that he could have regressed after his injury (like Maynor did following his injury)
    You can add up everyone on the roster, outside of those 5, and you might get Rudy Gay. There is no player that OKC can acquire that will fix the problem. No one is going to give away a good player for Singler, Huestis, Morrow, Payne, etc. Abrines should have the most value of the "lesser" players, but trading him would be just as bad as trading Sabonis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    You can add up everyone on the roster, outside of those 5, and you might get Rudy Gay. There is no player that OKC can acquire that will fix the problem. No one is going to give away a good player for Singler, Huestis, Morrow, Payne, etc. Abrines should have the most value of the "lesser" players, but trading him would be just as bad as trading Sabonis.
    I agree. We are just kind of stuck this year. As the Russ goes, the team goes. Our best option is to be patient and see how our young guys will develop. If we trade Kanter, we will miss his offensive production. Adams just doesn't have the offensive game that Kanter possesses. Trying to make a move to be better now can hurt us in the long run. Presti may surprise me. He's done it before. If we are patient, by this time next year we will have a much clearer path on who to pursue/trade.

I think this article, by Chris Mannix, does a nice job explaining how OKC has done a good job weathering Durants departure while also being setup to have a nice young core in place for the future when we see the effects of the new CBA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-okl...173034532.html

Yes we have good players we just need one or two of them to continue to develop and hope you can get an all star caliber player out of them. I think Sabonis has the potential and Oladipo has potential, Adams and Kanter are kind of even to me but Adams maybe can develop more.. I don't know about Abrines yet too early to say. Grant i think can be a good player but not an all star type player. We haven't seen Payne yet this year..

Overall though we are in good shape for the future with our young talent but we do need to get another exp vet next to Russ if they want to compete for a title.

Good God please Presti, go after Kyle Korver! Give up Morrow and Payne for him if possible. That said, I wouldn't mind exchanging Roberson for Thabo...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ap-sources-say

The Atlanta Hawks have begun listening to trade pitches for All-Star forward Paul Millsap in recent days, according to league sources.

S‎ources told ESPN.com that the Hawks, fearful of losing Millsap in free agency without compensation in the summer, are not openly shopping him but are taking calls on the 31-year-old and other pending free agents, notably sharpshooter Kyle Korver and swingman Thabo Sefolosha.

Quote Originally Posted by motto1997 View Post
    Good God please Presti, go after Kyle Korver! Give up Morrow and Payne for him if possible. That said, I wouldn't mind exchanging Roberson for Thabo...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ap-sources-say
    Payne wouldn't interest Atlanta since they have Schroder as their 23 year old PG of the future. Morrow is an expiring so they wouldn't have any interest in him either as the point is to get assets for expiring contracts. Atlanta would be looking for something like Abrines for Korver, which OKC might have done last year since they were contenders, but this year that makes no sense for OKC. Roberson for Thabo would make sense for Atlanta, but not for OKC unless you believe Roberson has no value in which case you'd just give him the Waiters treatment as a RFA instead of trading him for someone you wouldn't resign and makes you worse this year.

Payne wouldn't interest Atlanta since they have Schroder as their 23 year old PG of the future. Morrow is an expiring so they wouldn't have any interest in him either as the point is to get assets for expiring contracts. Atlanta would be looking for something like Abrines for Korver, which OKC might have done last year since they were contenders, but this year that makes no sense for OKC. Roberson for Thabo would make sense for Atlanta, but not for OKC unless you believe Roberson has no value in which case you'd just give him the Waiters treatment as a RFA instead of trading him for someone you wouldn't resign and makes you worse this year.
    How would Thabo be worse than Roberson? He's shooting way better on the floor, from the 3 and at the FT line. He's also just as good of a defender. I don't know what his contract looks like but Ill take his veteran toughness over Roberson's lame duck play as of late.

I feel like Robersons shooting has regressed if thats possible. I was as high on him as anyone but color me concerned with his recent play.

OKC isn't going to get Crowder if they move Russ to Boston. Before you say they won't trade Russ that is the only way a trade with Boston would happen. OKC would get something along the lines of Jaylen Brown, who is going to be a very good player, along with the Brooklyn pick and a few other picks and/or pieces with Amir Johnson and Isaiah Thomas coming over for the salary balance. It would be a rebuilding trade and Brown would be the better piece for that than Crowder.

Boston isn't making any move that doesn't return them a superstar player. They will have the cap space this off-season to offer a max contract and are not going to give away key players like Crowder in any move unless it is for a stud SF and LeBron, Kwahi and kd are not getting traded.
    I don't see the Celtics trading Thomas - not even for RW.

Quote Originally Posted by motto1997 View Post
    How would Thabo be worse than Roberson? He's shooting way better on the floor, from the 3 and at the FT line. He's also just as good of a defender. I don't know what his contract looks like but Ill take his veteran toughness over Roberson's lame duck play as of late.
    Thabo is shooting under 32% from 3 and while he would be a 3% upgrade over Roberson from 3 he doesn't cut or finish like Roberson. You would be giving up defense, rebounding and overall offensive production for a 3% upgrade from 3pt land. Not to mention Thabo is an expiring so you are really giving up 4 and 1/2 years of Roberson for 1/2 season of Thabo. Thabo wouldn't make the team a contender and Roberson's defense will be needed if OKC can make the moves to become a contender at some point in the next 4 years.

Thabo is shooting under 32% from 3 and while he would be a 3% upgrade over Roberson from 3 he doesn't cut or finish like Roberson. You would be giving up defense, rebounding and overall offensive production for a 3% upgrade from 3pt land. Not to mention Thabo is an expiring so you are really giving up 4 and 1/2 years of Roberson for 1/2 season of Thabo. Thabo wouldn't make the team a contender and Roberson's defense will be needed if OKC can make the moves to become a contender at some point in the next 4 years.
    What do you think is a reasonable amount to pay Roberson. I am getting concerned that his shooting is regressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    What do you think is a reasonable amount to pay Roberson. I am getting concerned that his shooting is regressing.
    He'll get $6-8M/yr. He's still shooting 64% at the rim and taking most of his shots there. His 3pt% while down from last year is still above his career average. He's never going to be a 3pt shooter. He might have a fluke good year or two, like Thabo did, but he's never going to be a spot up shooter. He's basically a better version of Tony Allen and that is a valuable role player. Roberson is a great defender that rebounds and finishes at the rim better than Tony Allen. Their 3pt shooting is similarly terrible. Tony Allen's last contract started at $5M and is ending this year at $5.5M, with the cap increase Roberson getting around $8M/yr would be similar.

I figure Presti offered him round $6-7M/yr this off-season, because that is what I would have offered at the time. His agent said no and they took a gamble that he could improve his 3pt shooting this season and get a Bazemore/Carrol type deal around $14-15M/yr. Without the 3 pt shooting his ceiling is around $8M/yr. I could see someone offering him the MLE which I believe will be around $9M/yr. That would only come from a contender that needs a defending wing player. A team like Golden State to replace Iguodala depending on how much he gets as an FA would be an example of a team that could use a player like Roberson. He's an RFA and no one is going to go crazy knowing Presti won't feel obligated to keep him like he did with Kanter. If he gets too big of an offer then he gets to walk and Abrines or Grant probably becomes the starting SF next year.

See I don't think him and Sabonis are even close. Abrines has 3 years on Sabonis and I think Sabonis is already the more skilled player of the two. Not to mention a third of the cost. I think Abrines still has potential but IMO we should be in win now mode. Unlike you I am not for trading westbrook and completely tearing apart the team and if thats the case we need to do whatever possible to win. Abrines, Singler and Payne can bring us in a player around the $13 million dollar mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ljeatin26 View Post
    See I don't think him and Sabonis are even close. Abrines has 3 years on Sabonis and I think Sabonis is already the more skilled player of the two. Not to mention a third of the cost. I think Abrines still has potential but IMO we should be in win now mode. Unlike you I am not for trading westbrook and completely tearing apart the team and if thats the case we need to do whatever possible to win. Abrines, Singler and Payne can bring us in a player around the $13 million dollar mark.
    I think you are greatly undervaluing Abrines. He's shooting 35% from 3 as a rookie in limited playing time and shot 41% from 3 in December. He's getting better as he adjusts to the NBA. He's not going to be James Harden, but he could be Riddick or Mike Miller. Your math is a bit off. OKC is currently $6M under the cap so with Abrines, $6M, Singler, $5M, and Payne, $2M, they could get a $18-19M player. It's a shame no one is going to give up one for those players. There is nothing possible to do to win now except pray to your deity that Abrines and Sabonis become studs before the start of next season. OKC is now on the treadmill of purgatory. They don't have the assets needed to trade for a difference maker and they don't have the cap room to pursue any in FA. They are what they are. A fringe playoff team that will get KO'd in the first round.

Unless Presti can find a GM to hand him a stud player for Kanter there is no hope for OKC being a contender until after Russ is gone. As sad and painful as that is to accept as a fan it is the reality. Unless Presti can pull off some trade that is even more tilted in his favor than the Ibaka trade was there is no contending in OKC until they go back to rock bottom.

He'll get $6-8M/yr. He's still shooting 64% at the rim and taking most of his shots there. His 3pt% while down from last year is still above his career average. He's never going to be a 3pt shooter. He might have a fluke good year or two, like Thabo did, but he's never going to be a spot up shooter. He's basically a better version of Tony Allen and that is a valuable role player. Roberson is a great defender that rebounds and finishes at the rim better than Tony Allen. Their 3pt shooting is similarly terrible. Tony Allen's last contract started at $5M and is ending this year at $5.5M, with the cap increase Roberson getting around $8M/yr would be similar.

I figure Presti offered him round $6-7M/yr this off-season, because that is what I would have offered at the time. His agent said no and they took a gamble that he could improve his 3pt shooting this season and get a Bazemore/Carrol type deal around $14-15M/yr. Without the 3 pt shooting his ceiling is around $8M/yr. I could see someone offering him the MLE which I believe will be around $9M/yr. That would only come from a contender that needs a defending wing player. A team like Golden State to replace Iguodala depending on how much he gets as an FA would be an example of a team that could use a player like Roberson. He's an RFA and no one is going to go crazy knowing Presti won't feel obligated to keep him like he did with Kanter. If he gets too big of an offer then he gets to walk and Abrines or Grant probably becomes the starting SF next year.
    What happened to you saying he was going to be guaranteed minimum 12mil next year? I can agree on the 6 mil figure for Andre i think he's probably around that range for his defense but that's tops.. He's not going to start.. He's NOT a starting player in the NBA.. There are a few guys he is very effective against.. PG's like Isaiah Thomas he's not.. Some forwards that are too strong for him like Giannis tonight he was totally out of his league. So you are paying 6mil for a defensive guy for a few teams that he is worthy of lengthy minutes..