+ Reply to Thread
    Whats up with this I just stumbled across? If this too good to be true rumor would come true without too high a cost it would be on like Donkey Kong.

"NBA Trade Rumors: Pelicans' Anthony Davis Moving To OKC Thunder To Play With Russell Westbrook; Trade Happening Before The Deadline!
    By Sam Will - 13 Dec '16 05:20AM"

Who is Sam Will? And is he full of Schyeit?

"The suggested deal though is a bit pricey for the Thunder as they are to send away five players to the Pelicans including Victor Oladipo, Cameron Payne, Domantas Sabonis, Steven Adams"

Giving away a hell of a lot of developing player for one amazing yet injury prone one. Found this article here talking about Davis to OKC as well - http://www.itechpost.com/articles/64...ams-up-okc.htm

Yes, it's garbage. It's on or those click bait blogs probably written by a guy in his mothers basement. The article lists multiple rumors and assumptions. The article doesn't even get Davis' nickname right. It's "the brow" not 'the unibrow". When it comes to trade rumors, you can find any rumor you want. If it's not from a media source you've heard of or know to be reliable, I wouldn't trust it.

Oh HELL NO--- the article I saw made no mention of "Victor Oladipo, Cameron Payne, Domantas Sabonis, Steven Adams". Wouldn't make much sense to gut the team to acquire him. Guess the mental picture of The Brow and The Beast sharing the floor overwhelmed me before the thought of what that would cost kicked in .

Quote Originally Posted by OkcBornFan View Post
    Oh HELL NO--- the article I saw made no mention of "Victor Oladipo, Cameron Payne, Domantas Sabonis, Steven Adams". Wouldn't make much sense to gut the team to acquire him. Guess the mental picture of The Brow and The Beast sharing the floor overwhelmed me before the thought of what that would cost kicked in .
    Obviously this is made up. But if it were possible should we do it? History says overwhelmingly yes! It is a superstar league. You can fill in the rest.

replace adams with kanter and we have a damn deal. I hate losing Vic tho. thats bullsh*t, we better sign a freakin SG somehow if that happens or Paul George comes here in the offseason. Davis wont solve our perimeter problem... maybe they can send us Buddy Hield with Davis. It would be a little easier to swallow.
    The God of Thunder has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    Obviously this is made up. But if it were possible should we do it? History says overwhelmingly yes! It is a superstar league. You can fill in the rest.
    I dont think its made it up. Not meaning that its for sure gonna happen but its gotta have some weight to it IMO. Something may have slipped out there, could've just been something thats been discussed even though it sounds ridiculous. There are tons of these reports flying around. Hit google, its not your typical 1 or 2 obscure pages. Its not yahoo or anything too mainstream but there are a good number of these out there and they are new. I also read some different ones that said we tried to offer Kanter and Morrow for Davis. Which that seems like a better deal for us and not so much for them.
    Last edited by SMOKELAHOMA; 12-16-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Yes, it's garbage. It's on or those click bait blogs probably written by a guy in his mothers basement. The article lists multiple rumors and assumptions. The article doesn't even get Davis' nickname right. It's "the brow" not 'the unibrow". When it comes to trade rumors, you can find any rumor you want. If it's not from a media source you've heard of or know to be reliable, I wouldn't trust it.
    You're probably right but there is alot of rumbling going on out there...

If it were true we'd probably do it but if it were true i'd be very suspicious of what's up with Davis.. He is a bit injury prone would be my biggest concern. And not sure you want to gut the whole team just to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    If it were true we'd probably do it but if it were true i'd be very suspicious of what's up with Davis.. He is a bit injury prone would be my biggest concern. And not sure you want to gut the whole team just to get him.
    I agree, injuries are a huge factor. Also, I hate the idea of losing Dipo and Adams

NOLA won't consider trading Davis until 2019 when they can see the end of his contract coming.