Closed Thread
    This game between Oklahoma City Thunder (15-11) and the Phoenix Suns (8-18) will be played at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Downtown OKC

Gametime is 4:00 PM CST Saturday Afternoon and is being televised on FS Oklahoma. You can listen to the game on WWLS the Sports Animal 98.1 FM in OKC and 97.1 FM The Sports Animal in Tulsa and the Thunder radio Network.

Thunder leads the series 1-0.Thunder will play this team two more times on the road

Thunder loss to Utah 109-89 on Wednesday Night and Phoenix loss to San Antonio 107-92 on Thursday Night

Thunder is 10-5 at home and Phoenix is 4-10 away

Thunder is a 6 point favorite over/under is 215 points
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/odds
    Last edited by Tydude; 12-17-2016 at 10:40 AM.

If Oladipo is out I expect a close game. Won't be surprised if they lose this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by m-rich212 View Post
    If Oladipo is out I expect a close game. Won't be surprised if they lose this one too.
    I hear he isn't playing, but haven't seen anything official yet.

We clearly need Oladipo to be effective or I expect another game like our opening night home game (113-110 OT win, though he played in that one). Ignoring our last 2 road games, I think we have improved since opening night so we can manage to win without him.

Thunder 111, Suns 106

tiebreaker: 9 (attempted 3's by Russ)
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Thunder Digest (Chuck) says its official, Oladipo is out again for this afternoons game.
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

First quarters like this are why I haven't give up on this team.Seven first quarter assists WB! Credit the other guys for hitting shots and playing D.

Came out stronger than any 1st qtr this season.

God damn, I know Phoenix isn't a good team but this is what Russ needs to do every game. Notice he only shot 17 times and rarely did he go up when he drove to the hole all game. Yes it helps when Grant/Roberson/Morrow are hitting their shots but god damn, this Russ could certainty get a 20/20/20 game which is an almost guaranteed win against anyone.

Sabonis is quietly becoming a really good player. This kid is shooting well and driving without hesitation. Russ needs to keep feeding this dude cause defenses are leaving him open and looking for Adams on the pitch out from Russ.

Overall as great as this game went for the entire team, it still hasn't washed out the taste of that Utah game. We need to win like this against the Hawks who got Millsap back and are playing tough right now, for me to start believing in this roster moving forward.

Nevertheless, was an awesome and fun game to watch. Should be a couple of NBA top 10 plays from here tonight.

We did this without Vic and without Cam.. Once we get them back and the roster/rotations get set again we should be in good shape.

Russ was just back on track to where he left off a few games ago. Adams playing good, Kanter playing good, A-mo starting was a good move by Billy as Vic's legit backup.. A-mo showed up tonight lets hope he can keep consistent at it. Semaj playing good too..

I really think Grant needs to shoot that 3 more and try to make that part of his game. Maybe even work on a mid range.. I just don't like his penetration at all he has that hitting a brick wall motion that is... awkward to say the least.. But i think he has real potential in his shot it looks pure and pretty much unblockable he's so athletic.

I think Sabonis needs to start getting a few more minutes and they should really start working with him more.. He's going to be a really really good player once he gets some confidence and works through some rookie mistakes.

The team answered the call of Russ tonight and elevated their game that much is obvious. Good win.. Much needed after the bad road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    We did this without Vic and without Cam.. Once we get them back and the roster/rotations get set again we should be in good shape.

Russ was just back on track to where he left off a few games ago. Adams playing good, Kanter playing good, A-mo starting was a good move by Billy as Vic's legit backup.. A-mo showed up tonight lets hope he can keep consistent at it. Semaj playing good too..

I really think Grant needs to shoot that 3 more and try to make that part of his game. Maybe even work on a mid range.. I just don't like his penetration at all he has that hitting a brick wall motion that is... awkward to say the least.. But i think he has real potential in his shot it looks pure and pretty much unblockable he's so athletic.

I think Sabonis needs to start getting a few more minutes and they should really start working with him more.. He's going to be a really really good player once he gets some confidence and works through some rookie mistakes.

The team answered the call of Russ tonight and elevated their game that much is obvious. Good win.. Much needed after the bad road trip.
    Agreed with your assessment. I think it was you calling for Morrow to start in place of Grant and yes it was the right move. Grant for some reason does run into a brick wall, which is a shocker because I am always expecting him to poster-ize the defender whenever he drives to the basket. He needs to shoot that three every time indeed.

100% Sabonis needs more minutes. He can be this teams X-factor on certain nights.

It was a good win no doubt about that but after seeing how Utah blocked the driving lane for Russ, all game long, I'm scared they gave a map to SA or LAC or whomever moving forwards to the playoffs.

I agree with all the previous assessments. Sabonis' impact seems greater than his numbers. He truly lets the game come to him. He seems like a really good fit alongside RW. Hopefully he can develop into a complimentary star, although that's a ways away.

Grant shows very good potential but seems so raw. I think he can be a nice contributer but I don't see his offensive game improving that much during the season. There are times when he gets the ball and it's very obvious he's going to try to score. His block tonight was a very nice play

Russ was worth the price of admission for a few months worth of games tonight. Fabulous.