Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thunder got called for only 18 fouls and Memphis got called for 27 fouls. Kind of hard to complain much about the officiating.
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

This game was lost from the beginning we just didn't have anything tonight and refs were terrible and Russ wasn't focused in and he was getting hacked and just made it worse. No assist by Russ tonight i'm pretty sure that's the first game of the season he didn't record an assist.

I'll say one thing i see from tonight's game and we have more games coming up with Memphis.. We have got to have some better 3pt shooting 4/22 18% is just friggin embarrassing. That simply cannot happen if you want to be a playoff team. For the life of me i cannot understand why we are such a terrible 3pt shooting team year after year.. doesn't matter if KD is with us or not we just flat out suck at 3pt shooting for some reason. Nobody could shoot worth a damn tonight. Just when i think Abrines is a legit 40% 3pt shooter he pulls a night like tonight 2/8 i'm like WTF.. Morrow has apparently got a slump he can't get out of now.. Russ is not a high % 3pt shooter.. If Abrines not shooting either we have friggin nobody else.. PLEASE bring back Vic and Cam we need some outside shooting or we are going to be in big trouble.

I know we are not a team that can go on big win streaks and there will be games we lose when team doesn't play well but man it hurts when we play THAT bad.. This is one i wish we could have won on the road with injured Memphis team. Team should review the film from this game.. How many times Russ was in the paint with at least 3 guys on him? I lost count... There were guys open but Russ just couldn't find them tonight for some reason..

Memphis 1 plan was to simply not let Russ beat them and double/triple team him in the paint and force the team to make shots.. There's a lot to learn from this game but it has to come down to better shooting..

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    This game was lost from the beginning we just didn't have anything tonight and refs were terrible and Russ wasn't focused in and he was getting hacked and just made it worse. No assist by Russ tonight i'm pretty sure that's the first game of the season he didn't record an assist.

I'll say one thing i see from tonight's game and we have more games coming up with Memphis.. We have got to have some better 3pt shooting 4/22 18% is just friggin embarrassing. That simply cannot happen if you want to be a playoff team. For the life of me i cannot understand why we are such a terrible 3pt shooting team year after year.. doesn't matter if KD is with us or not we just flat out suck at 3pt shooting for some reason. Nobody could shoot worth a damn tonight. Just when i think Abrines is a legit 40% 3pt shooter he pulls a night like tonight 2/8 i'm like WTF.. Morrow has apparently got a slump he can't get out of now.. Russ is not a high % 3pt shooter.. If Abrines not shooting either we have friggin nobody else.. PLEASE bring back Vic and Cam we need some outside shooting or we are going to be in big trouble.

I know we are not a team that can go on big win streaks and there will be games we lose when team doesn't play well but man it hurts when we play THAT bad.. This is one i wish we could have won on the road with injured Memphis team. Team should review the film from this game.. How many times Russ was in the paint with at least 3 guys on him? I lost count... There were guys open but Russ just couldn't find them tonight for some reason..

Memphis 1 plan was to simply not let Russ beat them and double/triple team him in the paint and force the team to make shots.. There's a lot to learn from this game but it has to come down to better shooting..
    To be fair to Abrines, he never got a single clean shot. Memphis knew exactly when we'd pitch it out to him and had a man in his face. The map was written out against us since Utah. Just not many teams play disciplined defense and have the toughness to pull it off. Going into the playoffs we will be in trouble if Roberson is still starting and getting lots of mins.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjordansingler View Post
    thunder got called for only 18 fouls and memphis got called for 27 fouls. Kind of hard to complain much about the officiating.
    i am about ****ing sick to death of this ****ing argument. Again idiot, the amount of calls doesnt matter! Not one ****ing bit. Timing of calls and what wasnt called is the difference here. Stop looking at your ****ing stats and saying "er doy, they got more fouls than the other team, that means the refs were great. Durrrrr"

jesus you people dont even watch the game
    The God of Thunder has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by babyjordansingler View Post
    thunder got called for only 18 fouls and memphis got called for 27 fouls. Kind of hard to complain much about the officiating.
    you ****ing idiot, russell got tossed. How the **** can you sit there and say "hard to complain much about officiating" your posts are cancer. Pure cancer. You're a complete idiot troll. Piss off.
    The God of Thunder has spoken...

What is to be expected when our only known star gets ejected at half? everyone is so high on this team literally one game ago and now we are ridiculing them for under preforming. The man with the most per usage a game in history, Russel Westbrook is ejected and we are surprised everyone sucks without him. Get a grip. This team is nothing without RW, and we saw it tonight. Get over yourselves and appreciate what you have. a fun and exciting team when RW is on the floor and when he's not you have a lottery team.

It was just one of those nights where everything they threw at the goal went in...and everything we put up didn't. We shot just under 34% from the field and 18% from 3, while the Griz shot 52% & 58%. I thought the officiating was very uneven. Not that they favored one team over another, but they just weren't calling things consistently. There was a lot of slapping at the ball by the Grizzlies that wasn't being called. I think it all combined to keep the Thunder from ever getting into any kind of rhythm. When they were replaying Robeson's nice finish at the rim, I told my wife, "You know it's a crappy night when Andre is your offensive highlight."

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKELAHOMA View Post
    you ****ing idiot, russell got tossed. How the **** can you sit there and say "hard to complain much about officiating" your posts are cancer. Pure cancer. You're a complete idiot troll. Piss off.
    Smoke, stop with the personal attacks, especially against me. Getting back to the Thunder, Russell, complained too much including saying 'B.S.' over and over to the ref, that is why he got thrown out of the game. Have a nice day!
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.