+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OKC's Green Country
    Posts
    4,912
    Quote Originally Posted by OkcBornFan View Post
    Hmm--Makes me wonder if Enes has come off with some anti LGBT rant somewhere sometime, as he is a Muslim and they aren't known for their tolerance of its kind.

    And the play when he dished to Adams was freaking fantastic and could be the beginning of a nightmare scenario for opposing teams. If the two towers start dishing to each other when doubled during postups the defense will have to collapse on the both of them leaving the shooters (include Roberson if ya want) wide the hell open.
    Very interesting, and very possible explanation....

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore, OK
    Posts
    7,472
    Quote Originally Posted by OkcBornFan View Post
    Hmm--Makes me wonder if Enes has come off with some anti LGBT rant somewhere sometime, as he is a Muslim and they aren't known for their tolerance of its kind.
    No way in today's world that would have happened and we wouldn't know about it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by OkcBornFan View Post
    Hmm--Makes me wonder if Enes has come off with some anti LGBT rant somewhere sometime, as he is a Muslim and they aren't known for their tolerance of its kind.
    I wondered that myelf, but like CJ said it would be front page news. Perhaps Kanter refused an interview or something? What ever the reason it was terrible and like I said I am still done with that

    I have been around the forums and the Thunder family since it started and 99.9% of people are awesome and while there is differing opinions there is rarely open hostility. This really rubbed me the wrong way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,560
    Maybe I need to force myself to go back and read the whole article, but what I see out there is a lot of people talking about the Thunder who don't really seem to watch this team very closely. They just go off of whatever everyone is saying at the time. That's what irritates me so much about having Chris Webber do a Thunder game. He's SO much of an outsider and seems to only be spouting off what he's heard...most of which isn't true. So maybe that's where this writer is coming from. Maybe they're not really watching the games, have bought into the early complaints about Kanter, and looks at everything Enes does with a biased eye, looking more to confirm their previous beliefs about him, rather than actually see what the man is doing these days. His defense has improved a lot, his passing has improved, his attitude is definitely better, and he's a great asset to the Thunder.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    787
    Berry Tramel said Enes is the nicest player on the team. I don't understand how he can be that bad at defense and conversely that good at offense. You can tell he wants to win and is happy here.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
    Maybe I need to force myself to go back and read the whole article, but what I see out there is a lot of people talking about the Thunder who don't really seem to watch this team very closely. They just go off of whatever everyone is saying at the time. That's what irritates me so much about having Chris Webber do a Thunder game. He's SO much of an outsider and seems to only be spouting off what he's heard...most of which isn't true. So maybe that's where this writer is coming from. Maybe they're not really watching the games, have bought into the early complaints about Kanter, and looks at everything Enes does with a biased eye, looking more to confirm their previous beliefs about him, rather than actually see what the man is doing these days. His defense has improved a lot, his passing has improved, his attitude is definitely better, and he's a great asset to the Thunder.
    Marina has season tickets. She sits on the baseline. I don't think she's missed too many games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clangus View Post
    Perhaps Kanter refused an interview or something?
    Probably not this, they're not a credentialed site.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Berry Tramel said Enes is the nicest player on the team. I don't understand how he can be that bad at defense and conversely that good at offense. You can tell he wants to win and is happy here.
    Kanter has improved on defense. When he played for the Utah Jazz, the fans trashed 'Enes, the defensive Menace' on a number of occasions.

    He continues to improve his game both on the offense as well as the defense.

    Now, as far as Miss Thing's opinion of Kanter (read her piece), you can bet she's trying to grab some attention to her blog which is more like a blob.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

    "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderObsessed View Post
    Marina has season tickets. She sits on the baseline. I don't think she's missed too many games.
    Cool. So I guess that means she has an agenda that she's pushing.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    89
    There is some major trump like paranoia comments on this topic here. I have spent a lot of time reading almost all of the articles on WTLC and will continue to do so. Marina has written a number of interesting articles on the years and I have always found here to be fair and open minded. The particular article itself wasn't an attack on Enes because of some personal vendetta against him. Recently there have been a number of posters on WTLC who obviously think that Enes is the second coming and if anyone dares point out any of his flaws (and to be fair his D is a major one even if he is obviously working hard to address it) the posters attack the writers' integrity. Recently these posters have been very strident in accusing Marina of not knowing BBall, not watching the games, being bias against poor wee Enes. Personally I think it got to her and she wrote an article that in hine sight could have been a little more diplomatic. However she backed up her arguments with evidence. What then happened was trolling about her sexuality etc from fans who, unable to form a coherent argument or provide valid counter evidence took the new post-truth, trump approach to critisim they don't like.

    I am sad that she has resigned as not being in America I go to all these sites to try and be informed about my favourite team. Marina provided some thoughtful insights. Are those posters who are so easily offended going to step up and take her place? Stop with the 'reds under the bed' vendetta BS - you are just pushing a false narrative. Generally the most obvious reason is the most likely one. A poster, frustrated with having to reply to myopic posters, writing an article with a little more mustard then is prudent.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OKC's Green Country
    Posts
    4,912
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_thunder View Post
    There is some major trump like paranoia comments on this topic here. I have spent a lot of time reading almost all of the articles on WTLC and will continue to do so. Marina has written a number of interesting articles on the years and I have always found here to be fair and open minded. The particular article itself wasn't an attack on Enes because of some personal vendetta against him. Recently there have been a number of posters on WTLC who obviously think that Enes is the second coming and if anyone dares point out any of his flaws (and to be fair his D is a major one even if he is obviously working hard to address it) the posters attack the writers' integrity. Recently these posters have been very strident in accusing Marina of not knowing BBall, not watching the games, being bias against poor wee Enes. Personally I think it got to her and she wrote an article that in hine sight could have been a little more diplomatic. However she backed up her arguments with evidence. What then happened was trolling about her sexuality etc from fans who, unable to form a coherent argument or provide valid counter evidence took the new post-truth, trump approach to critisim they don't like.

    I am sad that she has resigned as not being in America I go to all these sites to try and be informed about my favourite team. Marina provided some thoughtful insights. Are those posters who are so easily offended going to step up and take her place? Stop with the 'reds under the bed' vendetta BS - you are just pushing a false narrative. Generally the most obvious reason is the most likely one. A poster, frustrated with having to reply to myopic posters, writing an article with a little more mustard then is prudent.
    You're probably right, KiwiThunder. I'm also sad that Marina resigned (fired?) because of this blog. I agree that she's been a long time great contributor, and an overall very gifted writer. I criticized the particular blog that she wrote as a "hatchet job" (my words), but I certainly didn't mean to impugn her as an ongoing contributor to the site. I'm sure she just wasn't having a good day, or a good time with the posters who regularly defended Kanter to her. If it was an over-reaction to that reaction, it's more sad to see her go (I would have personally preferred the "Trump-Like Reds Under The Bed" explanation).

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,623
    America and maybe the rest of the world i don't know has issues right now with how technology, forums, facebook, twitter, blogs etc have brought out some of the worst in people. Dissent is not accepted anymore. Disagreement is looked on as a slap in the face against someone else and the words that are typed out have hateful tones in them just because someone disagrees. A disagreement "online" is looked at by many as an insult and then begins the argument to push a false impression of who a person really is. The real question to me.. Is how did we all of a sudden become such a judgemental narcissistic society?? Technology.

    I don't normally get into this kind of talk but just would like sometimes for people to think about things without their fingers on a keyboard or phone and remember we are real.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OKC's Green Country
    Posts
    4,912
    Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    America and maybe the rest of the world i don't know has issues right now with how technology, forums, facebook, twitter, blogs etc have brought out some of the worst in people. Dissent is not accepted anymore. Disagreement is looked on as a slap in the face against someone else and the words that are typed out have hateful tones in them just because someone disagrees. A disagreement "online" is looked at by many as an insult and then begins the argument to push a false impression of who a person really is. The real question to me.. Is how did we all of a sudden become such a judgemental narcissistic society?? Technology.

    I don't normally get into this kind of talk but just would like sometimes for people to think about things without their fingers on a keyboard or phone and remember we are real.
    Well now, I wouldn't go that far. Remember, Marina, for all we know and assume, will be right back in her seat cheering on the Thunder next home game. She still has her "day job", whatever that is. We all need to step away from the keyboard from time to time, but that doesn't mean the rest of our life gets put on hold or even gets affected. The Thunder lost a game tonight that they needed to win. I come here to dump off a few feelings of disappointment (Donovan should have brought RW0 back into the game sooner), and then my real life will go on.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post
    Well now, I wouldn't go that far. Remember, Marina, for all we know and assume, will be right back in her seat cheering on the Thunder next home game. She still has her "day job", whatever that is. We all need to step away from the keyboard from time to time, but that doesn't mean the rest of our life gets put on hold or even gets affected. The Thunder lost a game tonight that they needed to win. I come here to dump off a few feelings of disappointment (Donovan should have brought RW0 back into the game sooner), and then my real life will go on.
    Sorry i shouldn't really have even said anything on this thread i don't know anything about marina or what she said or anything I don't post on WTLC in fact this is pretty much the only place i post anything online.. I don't like facebook or any of that stuff and it was a rant in general i was probably thinking about something or someone else honestly i just know how out of control things get sometimes and i don't like it because i know people say things online they wouldn't if you actually knew the person. I could just tell that some people were really hurt or insulted by whatever happened on the other forum..

    And yes i do like to come here as well and dump feelings and discuss the team.. We all just want success for OKC and maybe this forum at least helps us feel like we are helping in some way or discussing ways we think they could be better... or complaining about things we see wrong as well and that's ok too..

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_thunder View Post
    There is some major trump like paranoia comments on this topic here. I have spent a lot of time reading almost all of the articles on WTLC and will continue to do so. Marina has written a number of interesting articles on the years and I have always found here to be fair and open minded. The particular article itself wasn't an attack on Enes because of some personal vendetta against him. Recently there have been a number of posters on WTLC who obviously think that Enes is the second coming and if anyone dares point out any of his flaws (and to be fair his D is a major one even if he is obviously working hard to address it) the posters attack the writers' integrity. Recently these posters have been very strident in accusing Marina of not knowing BBall, not watching the games, being bias against poor wee Enes. Personally I think it got to her and she wrote an article that in hine sight could have been a little more diplomatic. However she backed up her arguments with evidence. What then happened was trolling about her sexuality etc from fans who, unable to form a coherent argument or provide valid counter evidence took the new post-truth, trump approach to critisim they don't like.

    I am sad that she has resigned as not being in America I go to all these sites to try and be informed about my favourite team. Marina provided some thoughtful insights. Are those posters who are so easily offended going to step up and take her place? Stop with the 'reds under the bed' vendetta BS - you are just pushing a false narrative. Generally the most obvious reason is the most likely one. A poster, frustrated with having to reply to myopic posters, writing an article with a little more mustard then is prudent.
    I was a frequent reader of that blog. I mean I've read pretty much everything they have posted for the year and past years. I never commented or joined their forums however so i cant speak to that. As for the "evidence" - a lot of those were a massive stretch. I do agree that some of the articles have been well written and well thought out. This one was not. You can re-frame it if you wish, but there was blind anger or hate in this and it was very plain to see. Having read the sites articles so many times this was a tone I had not experienced and it really really turned me off.

    As for following the Thunder from outside of the States. Well I am from Australia so its not like that's a factor in my assessment. I have been following since they were in Seattle and followed from there to OKC. Since 1994 I have read thousands of articles and participated in countless forums. I'm not saying I am some sort of expert, but to try and suggest that I am misunderstanding or misreading a hatchet job when I read one is completely inaccurate. I am sure Marina is a lovely person and I am sure that just like all of us has issues and challenges in life, but being a good person doesn't exclude her from criticism when she writes a nasty inaccurate article.

    As for resigning, I am calling it now. She'll be back after this short term hiaatus
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    3,251
    To be clear. Yes I was harsh in my original post on Marina. However I was not harsh about the article. It was and still is some sort of hatchet job.
    Yes we all like to vent and yes we can all be keyboard warriors. Forums especially bring out the worst in people. However there is a difference in posting somethings in a forum and publishing an article/blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts