+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Not going to link the article because I'm not giving some moron called Marina Mangiaracina any clicks. But whoever it is, is clearly a Kanter hater and is blind to good play. Its easy to hand pick plays in EVERY GAME where even DPOY level players have mis cues and lapses on defense.

Kanter played great. He's not amazing on D and I'm not arguing he is. But he is a elite offensive big that poses issues for most teams.

I think the tag line after Kanter put up 20 11 and 3 assists with a +- 27 on over 80% shooting, Was something like "Kanter shows how he is worthless to the Thunder" . Kanter has clearly upset this hack. I thought it was tongue in cheek but nope just a hatchet job by a hack.

Kanter didn't play great because the bulls are rubbish. In fact their bigs are good defender's who he made look rubbish.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Never heard of it, blog/news site for Thunder related stuffs?

yeah something like that. i only see their stuff because it comes up in my bleacher report team stream. Its never great stuff but this was pretty unbelievable. like I said Kanter was +28 today. I'd say that's pretty fkn valuable

I read the Kanter piece. It was a hit job. The writer tried hard to make his point, but it smacked of some agenda.

WTLC is an SB Nation site. That "game thread" was totally taken over by Marina playing with her new ability to post gifs. It was pathetic.

"Here’s a great example of Kanter’s offensive selfishness though. Watch as Kanter takes FIVE SECONDS to pass out of a double team, and then make a read based on his own desire for stats."

This was the play Kanter passed to a cutting Adams for the dunk. Pretty impressive mind reading from the writer. I guess Kanter should have passed sooner so Adams could catch the ball at half court and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    "Here’s a great example of Kanter’s offensive selfishness though. Watch as Kanter takes FIVE SECONDS to pass out of a double team, and then make a read based on his own desire for stats."

This was the play Kanter passed to a cutting Adams for the dunk. Pretty impressive mind reading from the writer. I guess Kanter should have passed sooner so Adams could catch the ball at half court and drive.
    We loved that play! Afterwards, we were imitating Adams and saying, "You're going to double-team Enes? Okay, I'll dunk it then." I think a desire to pad his stats for assists was the LAST thing on Enes' mind at that point. I'll admit I didn't read the article. I only got a sentence or two into it and saw what it was. It should have been titled, "Marina Mangiaracina Shows Her Worthlessness to the Thunder Community". Just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean you have to publish it.

I was amazed when Kanter led the break, fed a nice pass to a streaking Abrines who missed the layup, and Kanter followed it in and got the easy putback. It as fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    I was amazed when Kanter led the break, fed a nice pass to a streaking Abrines who missed the layup, and Kanter followed it in and got the easy putback. It as fabulous.
    Turkish Tornado..

Kanter is more valuable to this team than some people give him credit for. I can 100% guarantee you if we didn't have him we would not be a playoff team no question in my mind at all. His skills in the paint are as good as it gets for a big man.. His ability to finish at the rim is as good a it gets for any NBA player.. His hands are really good at holding the ball and he's a good solid passer for a big man.. His defense is his weakness because he is not very quick at reaction times but against opponents bigs he's a solid defender. Where he gets into trouble is trying to guard a smaller player and it makes him look really slow and bad. But on the flip side that player doesn't have a chance of stopping him in the paint either AND Kanter is now pretty consistently drawing doubles and it opens it up for the rest of the team.. We just need some good 3 pt shooting from our players or good slashers to the rim like Adams did last night for the dunk. If they are going to double Kanter he is pretty good at making them pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Turkish Tornado
    I like it

Jimmy E. has weighed in to that thread....

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Is this the writer you are talking about?

Marina Mangiaracina

Interesting article about this young man, who decided that he was a woman. Hope he finds happiness in life. Wish her the best that life has to offer.

This trans woman is having a tough time playing basketball in Oklahoma: http://www.outsports.com/2016/10/10/...-oklahoma-city

Wouldn't say that she is a moron; just don't necessarily agree with her opinion of Kanter.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Is this the writer you are talking about?

Marina Mangiaracina

Interesting article about this young man, who decided that he was a woman. Hope he finds happiness in life. Wish her the best that life has to offer.

This trans woman is having a tough time playing basketball in Oklahoma: http://www.outsports.com/2016/10/10/...-oklahoma-city

Wouldn't say that she is a moron; just don't necessarily agree with her opinion of Kanter.
    Moron may have been a bit harsh, and I have no judgement on her life decisions. I do have a strong opinion that piece was beyond terrrible and for an unknown reason it reeked of hate. I cannot stand that sort of thing. I am all for differing opinions but this was waaay past that. I appreciate the amount of work she must have put in. But she was so blinded by her kanter hate that it is like listening to a person convicted of a hate crime say why it was justified. I dont get it. Like I said I wont be reading anything else from that website.

I do enjoy constructive peices. I like when my opinion is challenged. But this was something else.

Hmm--Makes me wonder if Enes has come off with some anti LGBT rant somewhere sometime, as he is a Muslim and they aren't known for their tolerance of its kind.

And the play when he dished to Adams was freaking fantastic and could be the beginning of a nightmare scenario for opposing teams. If the two towers start dishing to each other when doubled during postups the defense will have to collapse on the both of them leaving the shooters (include Roberson if ya want) wide the hell open.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Roberson will have to improve his 3 point shooting percentage for the Thunder to be lethal.

Our twin towers will create havoc inside the paint; once they build consistency, the 3-point line will be wide open, more so with Roberson than Westbrook, Abrines, Lauvergne or Sabonis.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.