Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This game between Oklahoma City Thunder (23-16) and the Memphis Grizzlies (24-16) will be played at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Downtown OKC.

Gametime is 7:00 PM CST Wednesday Night and is being televised on FS Oklahoma and nationally televised on ESPN. You can listen to the game on WWLS the Sports Animal 98.1 FM in OKC and 97.1 FM The Sports Animal in Tulsa and the Thunder radio Network.

Memphis leads the series 1-0.Thunder will play this team two more times 1 at home and 1 away

Thunder beat Chicago 109-94 on Monday Night and Memphis beat Utah 88-79 on Sunday Night

Thunder is 14-6 at home and Memphis is 10-9 away

Thunder is a 5 point favorite over/under is 204 points
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/odds/

Every time we play Memphis, I think of this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYs2Iwoc_Ss Can you skin Grizz? lol

Wow, the Vegas bookies are all over the place with the Thunder's point spreads this season. I thought Memphis might even be a one point favorite.
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    This is the grit & grind Grizzlies that roughed up Kevin Durant & the & 7 Dwarfs; while sleeping beauty (Draymond Green) gets a massage. We had our 1st meeting @ Memphis; now we know what to expect. The officials swallowed their whistles.

You bet we will be ready to play them either way; if they get rough, we can get rougher--just ask that the officials be consistent with the calls on both teams.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Grudge match. Thunder players are not liking how the Grizzlies ran up the score on them last time. Payback tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTurpin View Post
    Grudge match. Thunder players are not liking how the Grizzlies ran up the score on them last time. Payback tonight.
    I think that's kinda weak. They should be more upset with their defense and RW getting ejected.

When i look at the Grizz they are built the same way they were several years ago in our grind matches with them.. We however are not built the same and play a lot differently than the iso ball we did back then.. Honestly we should be able to have the roster to beat these guys. If the refs are going to be unbiased and we get a good showing from Adams/Kanter and make our open shots then we should be fine.. It's a road game so we are still not fav'd to win but i think this one should be a winable game if we play well.

Thunder lead 28-22 after Q1!
    Favorite quote: 'Keep it close and let SINGLER work his playmaking magic late in the game'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

For people that aren't die hard NBA fans, they have to just be shocked when they see what Kanter does offensively. Plus if they don't know basketball they can't see what he doesn't do defensively lol.

Russ just not even attempting to play defense.

Legit win, mad I missed it but work.

It was a great team effort. Everyone played well, except Sabonis. He struggled a bit. Our bigs were awesome. Kanter had a couple of bad shots but was HUGE for us. Oh and that Steven Adams guy is clearly our second best player. Lost in my disappointment of Vic was how good Adams has been. He does so much right. Grant had a dunk as good as Vic's dunk on Howard. Besides RW, we got good three point production from everyone else. I feel like if we can run a few plays were Vic curls around the pic for a jump shot it could help him get going. He shot well tonight but he's too athletic to just be a spotup shooter.

Love how Roberson is driving and getting better finishing around the rim. Good win, man wish Russ would just give up on the 3 altogether and step in 7 more feet or so. When Russ is on the floor we need to create some plays that give Abrines a clean shot. Kanter is a beast and a stat shown that he's scoring the most points per game with the least amount of mins played out of every player in the league. Really hope he continues playing more mins. Loved Grants hops tonight. He needs to continue slamming it as opposed to that thing he does on drives where he ends up on the floor and turning it over, which he did once tonight. Yeah Sabonis struggled tonight but he also never really got a clean shot either, and Memphis is a little too tough for him to post up on, prolly the toughest team in the league to, so it's not a big deal. Overall loved this win, really old-school game. Very enjoyable.

Gasol just destroyed us the first game. It was really nice to see how well they held their own tonight. Even some of the shots Gasol made were with Adams playing good defense on him.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Oklahoma City Thunder 103 - Memphis Grizzlies 95

Box score: http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900002

Standings: http://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Westbrook's 18th Triple-double. One game down; 9 to go to round out January's brutal schedule
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.