Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well i'll say somehow i thought this was a road game.. I guess cuz we don't have many home games and when i saw a 5point spread for memphis that's something i would expect if we were playing there..

I just want to say fantastic win.. There's something that I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else picked up on it but tonight.. in crunch time.. I saw a real effort on the part of Russ and the team to make sure that they ran their offense and get the high % shot. I saw Russ give it up to Vic for a 3.. give it up to Jermi for an open shot.. I saw Russ get a great block and play better defense than i've seen.. If this starts becoming a consistent effort then all my wishes for this team are coming true and we are going to be a whole lot better and Russ will easily win MVP.

While I'm disappointed in Vic's penetration skills and finishing at the rim i'm more than impressed with his 3pt shooting. Abrines is making his 3's. Kanter played just fabulous with Adams as well against some very good defense from Grizz.. Refs were no help either they got away with so much slapping and shoving it's ridiculous but OKC just muscled through it. This was a very hard fought win from the team and to me.... what really got us over and get the W in quite easy fashion at home was the fact we mostly abandoned hero ball and ran the offense and got the higher % shot in the 4th..

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Well i'll say somehow i thought this was a road game.. I guess cuz we don't have many home games and when i saw a 5point spread for memphis that's something i would expect if we were playing there..

I just want to say fantastic win.. There's something that I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else picked up on it but tonight.. in crunch time.. I saw a real effort on the part of Russ and the team to make sure that they ran their offense and get the high % shot. I saw Russ give it up to Vic for a 3.. give it up to Jermi for an open shot.. I saw Russ get a great block and play better defense than i've seen.. If this starts becoming a consistent effort then all my wishes for this team are coming true and we are going to be a whole lot better and Russ will easily win MVP.

While I'm disappointed in Vic's penetration skills and finishing at the rim i'm more than impressed with his 3pt shooting. Abrines is making his 3's. Kanter played just fabulous with Adams as well against some very good defense from Grizz.. Refs were no help either they got away with so much slapping and shoving it's ridiculous but OKC just muscled through it. This was a very hard fought win from the team and to me.... what really got us over and get the W in quite easy fashion at home was the fact we mostly abandoned hero ball and ran the offense and got the higher % shot in the 4th..
    I think because Russ was 0 for 7 from 3, he went for the higher % shot as he should. God knows what would have happened if he hit a few of them earlier in the game.

Russ did completely quit on a few plays and let Connelly drive and score but he turned it up later in the game. Did anyone watch Vic much the last few years in Orlando? Did he struggle driving and finishing there or is it just a result of not being the main guy in the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    Russ did completely quit on a few plays and let Connelly drive and score but he turned it up later in the game. Did anyone watch Vic much the last few years in Orlando? Did he struggle driving and finishing there or is it just a result of not being the main guy in the floor?
    Rw not playing defense has been a problem for tears.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post

Thunder were favored by 5, not Memphis.

He has never been a good finisher at the rim.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    You really brought up a good point about Oladipo. Probably a combination of driving & finishing along with not being the main guy on the floor.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    He has never been a good finisher at the rim.
    Correct. He was never a great finisher. He seems to avoid contact more than he needs to. Hopefully he can take some lessons from Russ and create contact and get tot he line. Would help his game immensely.

He was also not a great 3pt shooter in Orlando, but he has improved a great deal in that regard. Im a big fan of Vic.

Im not sure who mentioned it, but yeah I noticed that Russ was beaten several times by Conley off the dribble and looked to just let him go. Fortunatly Conley shot poorly or the outcome could have been another blowout. Far be it from me to critisize a guy average a Bl00dy triple double, but I do wish he would lock in on D more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Quote Originally Posted by Clangus View Post
    Correct. He was never a great finisher. He seems to avoid contact more than he needs to. Hopefully he can take some lessons from Russ and create contact and get tot he line. Would help his game immensely.

He was also not a great 3pt shooter in Orlando, but he has improved a great deal in that regard. Im a big fan of Vic.

Im not sure who mentioned it, but yeah I noticed that Russ was beaten several times by Conley off the dribble and looked to just let him go. Fortunatly Conley shot poorly or the outcome could have been another blowout. Far be it from me to critisize a guy average a Bl00dy triple double, but I do wish he would lock in on D more often.
    The only part of his game that is missing is running the offense and finding high % shots in the 4th and becoming a defensive player.. If he does those 2 things he'll be one of the best players to ever play. He has a long ways to go on his defense though but i saw an effort from him in this game that usually is not there.. Maybe i am just wishing too much but looked to me like he was trying.. it's a start..