+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX

Most recent video promotion of Oklahoma City. OKC's Big League City transformation.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Cool! I enjoyed that. Cant wait to visit one year
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Oklahoma City Thunder: Team Value - $950 Million #17 NBA Team Valuations:

Average NBA team worth: $1.25 billion.

Big Markets (MSA: 10 million - 20 million)
    1. New York Knicks $3 billion - Revenue $307 milion
    2. Los Angeles Lakers $2.7 billion - Revenue $304 million
    3. Chicago $2.3 billion - Revenue $228 million
    Medium Markets: (MSA: 2 million - 2.4 million)
    11. San Antonio Spurs $1.5 billion - Revenue $170 million
    12. Cleveland Cavaliers $1.1 billion - Revenue $197 million
    15. Portland $975 million - Revenue $157 million
    Small Markets (MSA: 1.2 million - 1.5 million)
    17. Oklahoma City Thunder $950 million - Revenue $157 million
    20. Utah Jazz $875 million - Revenue $146 million
    25. Memphis Grizzlies $780 million - Revenue $147 million
    30. New Orleans Pelicans $650 million - Revenue $142 million
    http://www.forbes.com/nba-valuations/list/

The Professional Basketball Club LLC (Chairman Clay Bennett) purchased the NBA Seattle Supersonics & WNBA Seattle Storm in 2006 for $350 million; sold Storm back to a Seattle investment group in 2008 (amount undisclosed).
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

What's it like to live in Oklahoma City, OK?

As a result of the influx of younger residents in recent years, and the growing number of millennials, the city feels much more energetic, creative and progressive than it used to. Once an early to bed, early to rise, meat and potatoes kind of town, today Oklahoma City buzzes with life until the early hours of the morning.

The community's greatest asset is its people. The community is tight-knit, willing to offer a friendly hello, and ever aware that their city is really a small town at heart.
    U.S. News analyzed 100 cities in the United States to find the best places to live based on quality of life and the job market in each city, as well as the value of living there and people's desire to live there. Oklahoma City ranks as #31 with an overall score of 6.7 out of 10.
    #29 Portland, ME
    #30 Boston, MA
    #31 Oklahoma City, OK
    #32 Little Rock, AR
    #33 Tulsa, OK
    http://realestate.usnews.com/places/.../oklahoma-city

The Oklahoma City Council approved a $120 million tax increment financing plan for the Western Gateway TIF District near downtown, which includes the Wheeler District, recognized by the iconic Ferris wheel on the river. The project area is east of S. Blackwelder Avenue and west of S. Walker Avenue, between the Oklahoma River on the north and Twin Creek on the south.--Journal Record: Jan., 31st--O'Connor.
    The hurdle needed to spark the Wheeler District development. Can't wait to see the final plans on this. The area is so beautiful at night with the iconic Ferris Wheel accented by the surrounding land just waiting to be developed.

Should see some future shots on ESPN & TNT showcasing OKC as our city cements its Big League status.

American Indian Cultural Center & Museum (AICCM).

The Chickasaw Tribe will probably release their planned development of the land given them to develop in exchange for completion of the AICCM.

Great News! http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=...6&catId=112032

There will be a number of MAPS 3 developments completed around 2019 & 2021 to complement the AICCM:

Oklahoma City:

Downtown Central Park
    Convention Center
    Intermodal Transit Hub
    Transit & Street Car
    Wellness Centers (4)

Omni Convention Center Conference Hotel
    Fairfield Inn & Suites on Convention Center site

National Geographic Traveler presents the New Year's must-see places.

Best Trips 2015

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/tr...st-trips-2015/

Oklahoma City by Drone
    Last edited by Laramie; 03-25-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Very nice! Glad I found it....

OKLAHOMA CITY

RESOLUTION INTRODUCING PROPOSITIONS AND PROJECTS FOR A CITYWIDE GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND ELECTION AND DIRECTING THE PREPARATION OF ELECTION DOCUMENTS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION BY THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL

WHEREAS, the Mayor and Council consider it advisable to cause the necessary documents to be prepared calling a citywide generalobligation bond election to be held on September 12, 2017 (“Election Documents”), and in furtherance thereof, the City Manager, his staff, the Office of Municipal Counselor and Bond counsel have prepared the following propositions and projects (“Propositions and Projects”).

Here are several of the city's sports facilities that would be impacted in the bond:

B. New Parks, Parklands and Recreational Facilities
    To provide funds for the purpose of acquisition, construction, expansion, equipping and improvement of new City parks, parklands, recreational facilities and trails, which may also include green spaces, playgrounds, athletic facilities, aquatic facilities, horticulture garden facilities, maintenance facilities, nature facilities, performing arts facilities, recreation facilities, picnic and multi-purpose shelters, boating and fishing facilities and improvements, restrooms, con
    cessions facilities, landscaping, utilities and utility relocation, technology improvements, lighting, equipment, furniture, furnishings, park materials, fencing, drainage improvements,water features, waterways, park parking, paths, sidewalks, trails, park roadways, traffic control improvements, demolition, park infrastructure, irrigation and park access and accessibility improvements, along with related construction testing, inspection, project implementation and administration, planning, design, engineering, permitting, right of way and real property acquisition; for the following locations:

Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
    8. Bricktown Ball Park $4,625,000

Don E. Porter ASA Hall of Fame Stadium
    4. Lincoln Park- Softball Hall of Fame Stadium improvements $27,500,000

Chesapeake Energy Arena
    PROPOSITION NO. 7 (DOWNTOWN CITY ARENA) ... incur an indebtedness by issuing registered bonds in the sum of Eight Million Eight Hundred Sixty-five Thousand Dollars ($8,865,000)

Oklahoma City 2017 General Obligation Bond proposal: https://www.okc.gov/home/showdocument?id=7501
    Last edited by Laramie; 06-11-2017 at 07:27 PM.

I'm voting NO on any bond issue. My millage rate has gone from 108 in year 2000, to 127 this past year. And that is on top of 3% annual increases in my property value, whether my house actually improved in value , or not.

And I'm voting NO on extending the penny sales tax after MAPS3 expires. They've run out of worthy projects. The streetcar thing was iffy at best, and it will turn out to be a boondoggle. That was a couple hundred million dollars for people who would not be caught dead riding a bus. It will flop and flounder, like a fish on the bank, as these trolleys have done from coast to coast.

No more taxes. We've had enough increases.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION: COSTS $8,865,000

Repair, renovation, remodeling and improvement of the City’s Downtown Arena at 100 W Reno,
    now called the Chesapeake Energy Arena, which may include related design, engineering,
    real property acquisition, infrastructure, drainage, utilities, roadways, parking,
    exterior site improvements, equipment, furnishings, landscaping, irrigation, fencing and
    technology improvements; and, expenses of the bond issue.
    There is pressure to upgrade the technological aspects of the total arena experience. Nearby Tulsa, Dallas, Houston & San Antonio have kept up with the advances needed to make their arenas more competitive with the regional & national market.

Chesapeake Energy Arena will complement the new convention center to be completed prior to 2020.

Cheapest U. S. Cities to Live in... http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/r...017/index.html

07. Norman, Okla
    10. Oklahoma City

Memphis .04

Indianapolis 06

& Oklahoma City 10.

were the only top 50 cities to make that list.
    Last edited by Laramie; 06-16-2017 at 07:31 PM.

On the downside, I saw the movie "Rough Night" last night (what can I say, I have a huge crush on Scarlett Johannsen!)....

OKC is mentioned in the movie:

"They're Rape Cops - Daniel Holdsclaw, Oklahoma City - they just arrest women so they can rape them!"

MAPS 3 Modern Streetcar construction: https://www.okc.gov/government/maps-...struction-news

MAPS 3 has some projects that will take OKC deeper into the Big League City realm:
    Downtown Convention Center
    Downtown Convention Center conference hotel 600 room Omni Hotel brand
    Scissortail Park
    Oklahoma City Streetcar
    Riversport Rapids (Completed) - $45.2 million whitewater rafting and kayaking center
    Bennett Event Center (Completed) - 279,000 square feet of show space, $58.7 million budget.
    Senior Health and Wellness Centers
    Trails
    Sidewalks
    Infrastructure/Contingency
    Oklahoma City is becoming more attractive to new businesses & corporations which will make our community a destination for young professionals.