+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX

OKC proposed convention center - 200,000 sq.,ft exhibit hall, 45,000-square-foot meeting space, 30,000-sq.,ft ballroom.

Oklahoma City 600 room, 19 story Omni Convention Center Hotel

...and a proposed 133 room, 5 story Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott.

The new convention center will replace the old Cox Convention Center (formerly Myriad built in 1973).

Majority of our costs will be funded by the MAPS III initiative which did not include provisions for parking or hotel subsidies. A 600 room Omni & a 133 room proposed Fairfield Inn would increase the total room count to 733 closer to the proposed 735 room hotel study recommendation. Both hotels & the convention center will share the 1,365 proposed parking (865-space parking garage, and a 500-space parking lot).

http://newsok.com/multimedia/video/5...6001#gsc.tab=0
    OKC faces a potential $150 million in hotel subsidies--includes $27 million subsidy for a new parking garage. Omni will finance $150.1 million. Total cost estimate for the OKC Omni = $300.1 million.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

New Oklahoma City convention center complex:
    (projected completion date: 2020)

Total Project Budget

Surface Parking

Enclosed bridge connection from convention center to 600 room Omni Hotel
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

This pic shows (via Pete, OKCTalk) the historic presence of Union Station below (red shingled roof). Scissortail Park, convention center, Omni hotel & streetcar route should top off around 2019.

Maybe OG&E Energy will have something on a foundation by then.

Do we have any idea what they're going to do with the land that the current convention center sits on after it's demolished?

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblood View Post
    Do we have any idea what they're going to do with the land that the current convention center sits on after it's demolished?
    Cox Convention Center, which is currently the city’s main convention center, may not be used as the main convention center one year after Omni opens. The agreement restricts redevelopment as a hotel. Omni would be offered first rights to develop a hotel on the site. Additionally, the agreement creates a “no-subsidy zone” that would restrict the city from offering subsidies for any future hotel development. First National Center, which is beginning renovations to make way for a hotel, apartments and retail/dining, was excluded from the zone. http://okgazette.com/2017/07/27/okla...-center-hotel/

Oklahoma City could offer that 4-square blocks of land for development like office & mixed-use residential.

Omni has secured first rights to development a hotel once that land becomes vacant.