+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Josh Huestis game ending performance reminded me of Ibaka when he became notorious for being the serge protector.

Huestis may have sealed a spot on the 15 man roster.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

So now that pre season is wrapped up.. Assuming everyone is healthy here's what I see..

Russ
    Dre
    PG13
    Melo
    Adams are your starting 5..

Felton comes in at point for Russ
    Ferguson comes in for Dre
    Abrines comes in for PG13
    Patterson comes in for both Melo and/or Adams I'm going to assume we get the Patterson we are expecting and i think our defense is sensational.

Use Grant or Huestis as needed situational.. I'm 50/50 on these 2 who i'd prefer but think they can help fill some minutes in the paint to rest Melo/Adams as needed.

At least 1 of Russ, PG13, Melo are on the floor at all times.. Most of the time at least 2 of them.. It will really eliminate the need for a stronger bench than what we have but we have pretty good bench compared to last year for sure.

I think we’ll be fine as long as we don’t do something stupid like keep Christon over Huestis. I’m willing to give Dakari some time to develop but right now he’s looking very lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    I think well be fine as long as we dont do something stupid like keep Christon over Huestis. Im willing to give Dakari some time to develop but right now hes looking very lost.
    Dakari is a joke

I predicted that last year would be Huestis' breakout year. It may just be this year. He may just be a second-half guy. But, he sure seems to be making a statement right now.

If we need space, I'd demote Dakari and keep someone young and fast that can rotate through several positions (including center). I mean, that's the current NBA, right? Position-less play. We need a bevy of guys like Grant, Ferguson, and Huestis.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG EDDIE View Post
    Dakari is a joke
    You’re probably right but I’m willing to give him a little time to adjust to nba speed. Being out there with guys like Daniel Hamilton and Huestis don’t help the situation either. It’s not crazy to think he could give be better in specific situations when surrounded by better players.

Dakari will be fine against teams that stay big. He can bang in the paint with them. He should not see the court against teams that go small.

I wouldn't play Darkari at all we don't need to. I really don't care how big the opposing team is a different mindset needs to happen this year.. We can absolutely torch teams that don't adjust to us when playing small and our defense should be stellar. We shouldn't have to be going crazy trying to adjust to another team that will be a mistake we have too much talent on our team to be worried about another team taking advantage of us in most situations. Adams doesn't need a designated sub IMO you use Patterson/Huestis/Grant whatever or whoever there to rotate into small ball while Adams rests.

Versatility in our players is key like others have said to play multiple positions and use the athletic ability to adapt.

Sold on Josh Huestis SF (by the numbers):
    22 minutes vs. Nuggets 15 points (3PT 4-9 - 44%)
    11 minutes vs. United 2 points (3PT 0-2 - 0%) 4 blks: 2 blks on Prather in 4 quarter*
    17 minutes vs. Pelicans 8 points (3PT 2-4 - 50%)
    11 minutes vs. Rockets 2 points (3PT 0-2 - 0%)
    *3:39 Josh Huestis blocks Casey Prather 's 8-foot pullup jump shot
    0:01 Josh Huestis blocks Casey Prather 's 6-foot driving layup

15 minutes vs opponents 6.75 points (3PT 6-17 - 35.2%)

Decent for a rookie; Josh has potential.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTurpin View Post
    I predicted that last year would be Huestis' breakout year. It may just be this year. He may just be a second-half guy. But, he sure seems to be making a statement right now.

If we need space, I'd demote Dakari and keep someone young and fast that can rotate through several positions (including center). I mean, that's the current NBA, right? Position-less play. We need a bevy of guys like Grant, Ferguson, and Huestis.
    I think we are going to see how he does come reg season time he has impressed with his 3pt shooting and defense in pre season..

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/...a-city-thunder
    Roster continuation with the addition of Morin & Wright.

Thunder have waived the following players; Bryce Alford, Markel Brown & forward Rashawn Thomas.
    Last edited by Laramie; 10-12-2017 at 02:23 PM.

I am not a fan from S.Christon and would prefer to keep Canaan.

Even Hamilton seems be better then Semaj. Much more energy.

Thunder trim roster to 15: http://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster/...thunderhttp://

Alex Abrines
    Stephen Adams
    Carmelo Anthony

Nick Collison

Raymond Felton
    Terrance Ferguson

Paul George
    Jerami Grant

Daniel Hamilton
    Josh Huestis

Dakari Johnson

Patrick Patterson

Andre Roberson

Kyle Singler

Russell Westbrook