+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Still early?

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Posters who give up, abandon ship.
    Define giving up. It was time to trade Russ and start a rebuild and instead Presti screwed up and went all-in with an incompetent coach and players that don't fit. The good news is OKC might get their first round pick this year and in the next few years as they might be bad enough that after PG leaves Melo opts out and Russ gets traded. Then next year they'll screw up and make the playoffs again as a 6-8 seed because there will be defense being played at every position and Russ won't have to worry about sharing the ball when he doesn't want to.

Russ will never be a member of a championship team. He was lucky that he had the greatness of Durant to bail him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    Define giving up. It was time to trade Russ and start a rebuild and instead Presti screwed up and went all-in with an incompetent coach and players that don't fit. The good news is OKC might get their first round pick this year and in the next few years as they might be bad enough that after PG leaves Melo opts out and Russ gets traded. Then next year they'll screw up and make the playoffs again as a 6-8 seed because there will be defense being played at every position and Russ won't have to worry about sharing the ball when he doesn't want to.
    What makes you think Melo will opt out?

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    What makes you think Melo will opt out?
    I think he opts out to play on a contender. He's not going to stick around to be a lottery team. If they end up in the 2nd round of the playoffs that might be different, but since I have no faith in the coach or the roster's ability to overcome him I think Melo opts out and takes less money to chase a ring.

I think he opts out to play on a contender. He's not going to stick around to be a lottery team. If they end up in the 2nd round of the playoffs that might be different, but since I have no faith in the coach or the roster's ability to overcome him I think Melo opts out and takes less money to chase a ring.
    I doubt any of the actual contenders want Melo.
    GSW, SAS, Bos don't want him or need him. If you feel Houston is a real contender then I guess them, but I can't take them seriously. They are what OKC was last year Harden can't carry a team 3 rounds to get to the finals he will be dead tired before that. CP3 isn't capable either. Portland would be a 6th seed with him at best and Minnesota wouldn't take Melo he plays no defense. Toronto and Washington are not actual contenders just ECF contenders.

LAL won't be a real contender either sorry.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX

So what, have you given up?

Giving up is when you abandon ship & no longer have any faith in this team. You hop on another team's bandwagon and pull for a team that is winning because you want to identify with a winner.

True die-heart fans stick with their team through thick & thin. Are you Kizz Fastfist a Thunder fan or a fair weather fan?

While we are at it let's skip with this definition request; I know you're smarter than that...
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

I hope you’re right but I doubt it. That would give OKC cap space to go after a young rfa if he’s available.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder in NY View Post
    Russ will never be a member of a championship team. He was lucky that he had the greatness of Durant to bail him out.
    LOL my god man you really do hate Russ don't you... If you think the "greatness" of cupcake did anything to bail him out you need to go root for GSW that's where your greatness went to jump on the title wagon that was already there.. smh

I hope you’re right but I doubt it. That would give OKC cap space to go after a young rfa if he’s available.
    If something doesn't change really soon Melo and PG are both gone after this season and they start rebuild as best they can which is going to be difficult while Andre taking up $10m and Singler $5M still on the books but they will have at least a little room but i don't think they'll be a player in FA market because if they can't have success with Melo and PG then why would a FA want to come? They'd be better off to use Presti's talent and try to build around Russ through young talent like you mention a young rfa or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    If something doesn't change really soon Melo and PG are both gone after this season and they start rebuild as best they can which is going to be difficult while Andre taking up $10m and Singler $5M still on the books but they will have at least a little room but i don't think they'll be a player in FA market because if they can't have success with Melo and PG then why would a FA want to come? They'd be better off to use Presti's talent and try to build around Russ through young talent like you mention a young rfa or 2.
    I don’t think Andre is a bad contract that can’t be moved. Singler will be an expiring so basically an asset. Otto Porter signed an offer sheet with the nets last year so if you’ve got cash then it’s possible for young talent to be had regardless of record.

I don’t think Andre is a bad contract that can’t be moved. Singler will be an expiring so basically an asset. Otto Porter signed an offer sheet with the nets last year so if you’ve got cash then it’s possible for young talent to be had regardless of record.
    Andre is a bad player that can't be moved though. He isn't a real stopper as badly as some want to think, his offense is trash. Not getting anything worth a damn for him.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    No FA is coming. Players come to get paid (PP) while injured.