+ Reply to Thread
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX

Oklahoma City: Not located near an ocean, mountains, major rivers nor do we have year round warm climate. We do have an abundance of large lakes, flat lands, a river under transformation; yet we're situated as the crossroads of the United States (I-35/I-40) and moderate climate.

Just how does a city like OKC compete with the likes of Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, Miami & San Francisco to lure young talented professionals & free agents?
    Answer: Continue to make our city accessible, attractive & poised for future growth.
    Beautification projects, airport, roads & infrastructure.

Oklahoma City put forth a strategic Master Plan with 1993's original $350 million passage of MAPS.

We recently passed a $1.5 billion combo of GO Bonds & MAPS extension to finance future growth.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Speaking of which, the author of the book could be our next Mayor early next year!
    Favorite quote: ThunderStruckBOOM: 'We will be .600 by all star break or damn near.....and top 4 come playoffs. ****ing Debbie downers....'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Renovations planned for vacant Spaghetti Warehouse building in Bricktown:

After nearly 30 years, Spaghetti Warehouse closed its doors to customers in February of 2016.

“They’ve been here forever and for them to leave, it’s kind of sad,” said John Allgood, a loyal customer.

When the business was closing, employees told KFOR that they heard the restaurant was struggling financially and that the building had structural issues.

Nearly two years after closing down, the building sits vacant...

...According to our partners at OKCTalk, Sam Coury bought the building in September and has already filed plans to begin renovations.

First on the list is a plan to replace all of the old openings with new historically appropriate windows. However, he says a full remodel is in the works.

Coury says he plans to use the space as apartments, an office building, a hotel or even warehouse space. He says a restaurant or retail space could occupy the first floor, and a possible nightclub could be in the full basement.
    Link: http://kfor.com/2018/01/11/renovatio...-in-bricktown/
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

OKC's new convention center & Omni Hotel complex overlooking Shields Bypass.

738 rooms will be available for the OKC convention center complex; a 605 room Omni accompanied by a 133 room Fairfield Inn & Suites.

The OG&E gold building control center & substation will be cleared for the new convention center & hotels.

The Peake will receive $8.9 million for downtown arena project improvements as a result of the passage of the September '17 General Obligation Bond election.

It's important to keep the OKC building momentum; it improves our chances to bid for the NBA All Star Game & Classic which requires 6,000 quality hotel rooms within 1-mile radius of the host arena. OKC now has 4,700 DT hotel rooms that should be ready by 2019 with more downtown hotel rooms being planned; OKC should have 6,000 quality DT hotel room come 2020.

There are plans to connect the new 605 room Omni hotel to the convention center with a pedestrian bridge.

New Oklahoma City Boulevard will cross in front of The Peake.

The Peake's 18,203 seats puts us 203 seats over the minimum seating capacity to host the NBA All Star Classic event.