+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bogut?

The ponderous Aussie just got released, could be the solution to the backup big man woes if he is keen to sign cheap on a team who could actually use him and is a potential finals/title team.

It would amuse Adams so much being able to rub it being the starter over an Australian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
    It would amuse Adams so much being able to rub it being the starter over an Australian.
    That's reason enough right there for us to do it! (I don't seriously think it'll happen, but it would be funny. LOL )

If they want to change tactics and stay with a BIG center then it would work but i like the small ball tactics better myself when Adams comes out. We still have Dakari if we need some big defense and we already have enough scoring.

I would take bogut. We get destroyed on the boards when Jerami plays center.

Yeah thats my issue, the 2nd unit are giving up horrendous amounts of offensive rebounds and someone like Bogut would help with that.

Other option is wait it out and hope someone like Tyson Chandler gets bought out and is available. Which would be funny as my initial prediction for Adams at the draft was Tyson Chandler clone at worse and Marc Gasol as best.

Then they should play Dakari more and see if it's better or not. I don't see much upside from Bogut vs Dakari who we already have. I can see them looking to package up a trade of Josh or Jerami or PPat to go with Alex and look for a strong PF that can play the 5 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumor View Post
    Yeah thats my issue, the 2nd unit are giving up horrendous amounts of offensive rebounds and someone like Bogut would help with that.

Other option is wait it out and hope someone like Tyson Chandler gets bought out and is available. Which would be funny as my initial prediction for Adams at the draft was Tyson Chandler clone at worse and Marc Gasol as best.
    Yes I rather hold out for Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Then they should play Dakari more and see if it's better or not. I don't see much upside from Bogut vs Dakari who we already have. I can see them looking to package up a trade of Josh or Jerami or PPat to go with Alex and look for a strong PF that can play the 5 as well.
    I wanted Bogut a few years ago. Before he fall and broke his elbow (I think it was elbow injury) he was starting to become an elite defender with a reasonable offensive game. I have no idea how he has played this year, but if he can still defend at even 70% of what he used to he is a huge upgrade over Dakari. I want Dakari to be great but I feel like his peak is likely a 3rd stringer. If Bogut comes for cheap then might be worth an unguarenteed contract as he is another bruising Center and can keep up playing physical when Adams takes a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os

Quote Originally Posted by m-rich212 View Post
    Yes I rather hold out for Tyson.
    Chandler seems to really really hate Adams.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os