+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PG13 isn't going anywhere nobody is going to take that gamble if we can't make it work there's no reason any other team would risk it. We have Alex, Jerami, Huestis, PPat as possible trading pieces and that's about it. I can't imagine trading Ferguson for another gamble unless they are getting another all star and that probably doesn't happen... nobody is going to take Singler.. They won't do anything with Andre or Adams and it's too late for a coaching change which IMO would be the best help. There isn't much that i see happening unless they can get someone off a buy out that wants to come to OKC.

If I had to predict i think they make a trade using a combo of the available players and try to get better support off the bench with Felton.. Team is pretty much out of any "good" options and not much they can do to improve this season. They can be very good when everyone is healthy and the all stars are playing in sync and like all stars.. If they make playoffs round 1 is their best chance to move on but they have been inconsistent all season i just don't see them grinding out a 7 game series in the condition they are in right now against quality well coached teams.. Best case scenario is they manage to squeak out 4 games in round 1 only to go on and lose in 2nd round.. Worst case they don't even make the playoffs... Either one will result in a PG13 moving on and Melo moving on and a rebuild..

Quote Originally Posted by kleese View Post
    Thatís a negative deal for us, IMO. Iíd rather get nothing. And for Denver, they arenít challenging GS even with PG so it makes no sense for them especially considering itís hoghly unlikely heíd stay there.

I might wind up being totally wrong, but I STILL think we will be excited come playoff time. I STILL predict we get it together before April, assuming we retain health. Iím not blind to what I see now and I donít like it. But I still have a certain level of confidence that we are going to be dangerous come playoff time.
    You said no way Denver does that and then you said itís a negative trade for us. Someone here has to win the trade. Itís easy to say Denver wouldnít do a trade like that because they arenít challenging the warriors but neither were we when we made that trade. Denver is already as good or better than okc without making a move. George is immovable. He may not get a big return but people will absolutely trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    It’s easy to say Denver wouldn’t do a trade like that because they aren’t challenging the warriors but neither were we when we made that trade. Denver is already as good or better than okc without making a move.
    True...we weren't challenging the Warriors before we got PG13...and probably weren't even afterwards. Adding Melo to the mix is what gave us a shot. I'll admit Deniver has been playing as well or better than the Thunder this year, but even with George, they won't be challenging the Warriors, whereas the Thunder could do so if they'd get their act together. It's a matter of potential.

He may not get a big return but people will absolutely trade for him.
    Again, I think it's a potential thing. Sure, we could trade Paul, but what we'd get in return at this point wouldn't replace the potential the Thunder have with him on the team. We're one of Presti's projects at this point. Could boom big...could go bust. No way to know for sure until you play it out.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/another...064240100.html

Nevertheless, the superstar talent of Oklahoma City’s Paul George or New Orleans’ DeMarcus Cousins, each deserving of that Nets first-rounder, won’t see the light in this trade market as of right now, league sources said, as those teams are fully focused on winning with each respective player.
    Favorite quote: ThunderStruckBOOM: 'We will be .600 by all star break or damn near.....and top 4 come playoffs. ****ing Debbie downers....'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Cleveland isn't going to give up the Brooklyn pick for a rental. Presti has shown he isn't smart enough to understand where the team is, especially with a bottom 5 NBA coach, to make a move like PG for the Brooklyn pick even if it were on the table. It was reported that the reason PG got traded to OKC instead of Cleveland to begin with is that Cleveland wouldn't give Indiana a decent draft pick. If I remember correctly Cleveland was only offering a top 20 protected 1st round pick and that was for a full season of PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    Cleveland isn't going to give up the Brooklyn pick for a rental. Presti has shown he isn't smart enough to understand where the team is, especially with a bottom 5 NBA coach, to make a move like PG for the Brooklyn pick even if it were on the table. It was reported that the reason PG got traded to OKC instead of Cleveland to begin with is that Cleveland wouldn't give Indiana a decent draft pick. If I remember correctly Cleveland was only offering a top 20 protected 1st round pick and that was for a full season of PG.
    Watching the last few Cavs games they might have had a change of heart.

Presti will look to dump Singler and/or Abrines to save money and then sigh a vet minimum guy (ala Derek Fisher and Caron Butler) to bolster the bench.

With no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post
    Presti will look to dump Singler and/or Abrines to save money and then sigh a vet minimum guy (ala Derek Fisher and Caron Butler) to bolster the bench.

With no success.
    Maybe he'll actually sign one of those guys!

He might find a taker for Alex+ one of Jerami, Huestis, PPat for someone to try and upgrade some help off the bench. But i don't see how it's going to help much.. The coaching and PG13 and Melo are the difference makers... If they can't figure it out and improve then no amount of secondary support is going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post

With no success.
    A-Mo is still a free agent!
    Favorite quote: ThunderStruckBOOM: 'We will be .600 by all star break or damn near.....and top 4 come playoffs. ****ing Debbie downers....'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    Andre is not the reason they are losing. They played very good in LA without him.. Something happened in LA that has them distracted..

They are in very bad shape.. They are not an elite team.. They will not get past round 1 from what i am seeing right now.
    They will be matched up with GSW, SAS, Hou, Minn. I don't see them winning against any in round 1 even if OKC looks hot which is still not a convincing hot.

Quote Originally Posted by m-rich212 View Post
    They will be matched up with GSW, SAS, Hou, Minn. I don't see them winning against any in round 1 even if OKC looks hot which is still not a convincing hot.
    If they could be more consistent and get an upgrade for the bench before the deadline then maybe they could win a series against Minn with home court but yea right now they just don't look like they could win a 7 game series against any quality team.. Especially without home court just not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post

The main thing Presti is good at is evaluating talent in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    The main thing Presti is good at is evaluating talent in the draft.
    I tend to agree.