+ Reply to Thread
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX

Smaller markets without NFL teams or a full-slate of other sports might work better in terms of galvanizing a local fan base.

Clawson lists markets such as Portland, San Diego, Sacramento, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Hartford, Birmingham, Norfolk and Louisville.--Phoenix Business Journal--02-01-2018

10 Possible Cities for XFL Teams in 2020: http://lastwordonprofootball.com/201...fl-teams-2020/
    X. Las Vegas, NV
    9. San Diego, CA

8. Columbus, OH
    7. St. Louis, MO
    6. Birmingham, AL
    5. Chicago, IL
    4. New York, NY
    3. Oklahoma City, OK
    2. Portland, OR
    1. San Antonio, TX
    XFL is looking to begin the season in 2020 with 8 franchises.

Do you think there is room in OKC in 2020 for a Vince McMahon led football league that will not be anywhere comparable to the NFL?
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    XFL announced on Twitter the cities selected for its 2020 relaunch.

West Division
    San Diego
    Las Vegas
    Portland
    Omaha
    East Division
    New York
    Birmingham
    Columbus
    Memphis
    Seems as though OKC barely missed being considered for this first expansion to Memphis. The difference between OKC and Memphis; Memphis has a city owned 56,000 seat stadium. We have 7,500 seat OKCPS Taft Stadium.

Memphis - 46% (8th franchise selected)
    Oklahoma City - 40%
    Dallas - 7%
    Austin - 7%

We are probably the next city who could obtain an XFL franchise by relocation or future XFL expansion.

OKC needs to partnership with the Funks; construct & fully finance a debt free 20,000-seat MLS stadium.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Bad timing as it pertains to Las Vegas. Looks like they were trying to avoid going to NFL markets but Vegas will be an NFL market as soon as the Raider stadium is done.