+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PG13 Staying?

Or Melo sees the writing on the wall & realizes that he's best served as a role player at this stage of his career. He makes a ton of money this year & next but after that, he's not worth more than half to all of the mid level exception. When his salary comes down, it will be put the Thunder close to or even under the tax. This is assuming he wants to stick around. If not, the Thunder can easily sign someone just as good or even better than a 36 year old Melo with a portion of the MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblood View Post
    ...because nobody wants Deng's contract or wants to deal with Ball's dad.
    I think we're getting dangerously close to LaVar overplaying his hand. Any team that's thinking about trading for Lonzo has to know they're also trading for a major headache, too. Those kind of problems have shot down better players than Lonzo.

My hope is that the Lakers are serious about focusing on the summer of 2019. That's when Kawhi, Butler & Klay are free agents.
    I keep thinking (or hoping) that it's some combination of those players who eventually end up on the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblood View Post
    I know that he called Magic Johnson "dumb as a rock" but that's not necessarily racist. He seems to think that the players like him but again, I'm only going off what he says. What have you heard?
    I haven't heard anything new, but Vecsey is worthless as a reporter. Vecsey called LeBron a n-word at some point on twitter and had to delete the tweet. He has done a few other things, but that is the big offense I recall off-hand. Calling someone dumb or an idiot isn't racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    I haven't heard anything new, but Vecsey is worthless as a reporter. Vecsey called LeBron a n-word at some point on twitter and had to delete the tweet. He has done a few other things, but that is the big offense I recall off-hand. Calling someone dumb or an idiot isn't racist.
    Oh wow, I didn't hear about that deleted tweet. If anything is gonna get you more or less banned from the NBA then that's it.

I'm old enough to remember when he was the go to NBA insider during the 90's but David Aldridge slowly but surely passed him up.

I always muted the draft coverage around 5 minutes before the first pick because they would bring him on and he would tell everyone what the first 5 picks would be. That absolutely ruined the draft for me since part of the fun of watching the draft is in the anticipation & the not knowing of what's going to happen.

Fred Katz
    Fred Katz
    @FredKatz
    Paul George thinks it’s “ironic” that he’s having his best 3-point season amidst in-and-out right forearm tightness but says he’s getting more opportunities because of Russ:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FredKatz/...96476264591360

LaVar Ball and that ESPN LA Idiot Bill Plaschke are campaigning for Paul to come to LA. George is smart enough to block that piece of Sh#t Plaschke out but is lisenting to LaVar and LaMello. Father Ball told Paul "You need to come to LA because LeBron will be here next year and my three boys will get you a ring plus David Stern will be in your pocket and you won't need a fishing license for the Pacific Ocean."
    STAY IN YO LANE!!!!!!

I heard LAL was considering trading the Ball family and keeping IT. They could afford IT, LeBron, PG, Randle, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart plus what they get from Ball if they stretch Deng. If they use the first they picked up to move Deng's contract, or a big chunk of it, they could end up adding someone like Tyreke, Bradley or Noel in FA.

A starting 5 of IT, PG, LeBron, Randle and Noel with Ingram, Kuzma and Hart off the bench would be a good start then they'd get some vet minimum ring chasers to fill out the bench.

Ahh Russ, so blunt

https://t.co/mveYpo9u3D

PG getting ready to shoot 3’s

I’m not looking to bounce around and play for multiple teams throughout my career," George said. "The decision I make will ultimately be to build something. So, this next decision, whatever it is, is to make sure I’m there for a duration."

I hope he’s serious about this. A 1+1 deal doesn’t really appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    I’m not looking to bounce around and play for multiple teams throughout my career," George said. "The decision I make will ultimately be to build something. So, this next decision, whatever it is, is to make sure I’m there for a duration."

I hope he’s serious about this. A 1+1 deal doesn’t really appeal to me.
    He was completely honest with Indy and could have pulled a KD. So Indy got players in that deal whereas OKC got zero for KD. I believe PG will be honest with Presti after the season. And this will allow Presti to get some value even with LA, if it happens.

I still think PG stays. I think he likes it here and playimg with Russ. Russ takes all the pressure off of PG. PG saw what Sam can do with little assets. PG now has had a chance to work with Billy and especially the rought start to season. Even tho fans hated it PG got to see Billy go thru a tough time and how he handled it. Never once called out players. Never lost the locker room. I think thats just as important, knowing your coach has your back (and Russ too) in tough times. He likeley sees how fun and humorous (and good) Adams is to be around. And Robes is a good guy. Melo being here helps.

And the fans. I truly believe PG was blown away by fans at airport in 100 degree heat for his arrival. The fans at games. No poperazzi chasing you all over town. Anyone notice the game we played in LA where we had extra days and several reports about where and what PG was doing. He seems to like privacy imo. And the press here is soft compared to LA

I think he can see how in OKC you are the only pro team. You are a big deal. In LA you get lost in shuffle except press chasing/hounding you hoping you make a mistake. Plus you share a court. He loves fishing. In a 500 mile radious of OKC there are any type of fishing you want.

The only draw to LA would be being fom there. In that regard Russ is the perfect person to convince him to stay here since he too is fom there. So much has changed from old days of big city markets. With instant 24/7 connectivity everyone has access to ads.

I am staying with my prediction of PG stays.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderVike View Post
    He was completely honest with Indy and could have pulled a KD. So Indy got players in that deal whereas OKC got zero for KD. I believe PG will be honest with Presti after the season. And this will allow Presti to get some value even with LA, if it happens.
    PG will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. If he signs with LA or anyone else, the only thing OKC gets is cap space (same as when KD left). There can't be any doubt that he will talk to multiple teams this Summer and get some great offers. Then it's his choice.
    Favorite quote: ThunderStruckBOOM: 'We will be .600 by all star break or damn near.....and top 4 come playoffs. ****ing Debbie downers....'

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyJordanSingler View Post
    PG will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. If he signs with LA or anyone else, the only thing OKC gets is cap space (same as when KD left). There can't be any doubt that he will talk to multiple teams this Summer and get some great offers. Then it's his choice.
    Does Westbrook know something that we aren't privy to at this time?

Face it, we all had our doubts about Westbrook's commitment to OKC--show our guy some love & support.

Another year of indecision (re: K.D.), every NBA player would like to have an NBA championship ring. Does the bench reserves deserve such--you bet they do; however does it make them anymore reputable than superstars like George, Westbrook, Anthony & A. Davis who haven't won rings but have awards which are just as impressive.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    I heard LAL was considering trading the Ball family and keeping IT. They could afford IT, LeBron, PG, Randle, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart plus what they get from Ball if they stretch Deng. If they use the first they picked up to move Deng's contract, or a big chunk of it, they could end up adding someone like Tyreke, Bradley or Noel in FA.

A starting 5 of IT, PG, LeBron, Randle and Noel with Ingram, Kuzma and Hart off the bench would be a good start then they'd get some vet minimum ring chasers to fill out the bench.
    The only problem with that theory is that IT went out on bad terms with Lebron. They did not see eye to eye. If Lebron is going to come to the Lakers, it will be to play with Ball. Keep in mind that he specifically came to the Vegas SL to watch Lonzo last summer.

OTOH, a best case scenario would see cupcake grow a pair & sign with the Lakers. They could get Cousins with the other max slot & then if they stretch Deng, they could fit in IT's cap hold. IT is one of the few players that ever saw eye to eye with Cousins & actually got along with him. While KD leaving GS is my personal pipe dream & will most likely not happen, I think that Cousins & IT reuniting is a possibility. Maybe sit on Deng's deal for a year then sign Klay in 2019.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Let's not forget OU's Trae Young, who King James wants to groom. The Balls have a tyrant father who has way too much influence over his 'can't do anything wrong sons.' Seen this situation play out many times before. LBJ is well aware of the baggage the Balls present as potential teammates.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.