+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PG13 Staying?

If they felt like he was going they would have taken the Blake deal and probably milked some picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Tired of the media injections about who will resign with the Thunder. Example: Durant.
    They won't know and we don't know.

Truth be known, we couldn't attract quality free agents while Durant & Westbrook were together.

We do know this, the media loves talking points & conspiracy theories--just have to wait & see.
    Well I think part of it is that Russ does not recruit people. Everyone says that he just isn't that guy, and most fas want the swooning. KD didn't really recruit guys either he didn't care until Pau was a fa.

The Melo trade showed that OKC can get big name players to come here. Melo had to waive his NTC so it essentially proved that OKC isn’t beyond landing a big name player. That being said, there are plenty of other issues this team has at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Knrstz View Post
    My concern is less if we keep George but what can we do if he does re-sign here? We really need to rebuild the rest of the roster. Adams is good enough to stay but his contract is an issue in my opinion. There are going to be good players to be signed affordable but OKC lacks cap space.
    That's kind of where i am at as well. If PG stays then Melo opts in we have no space to do anything at all. You've got Russ, PG, Melo and Adams eating up all the funds.

I"m not saying they can't make it work if that happens but it's going to be the same problem next year as this year.. Support is going to be very weak.

I also look at it like this.. There's a very good chance FA's get together in the off season and decide where to play. That's just the nature of the game now.. LA with LBJ? Is PG13 going to pass on a chance to play in LA with LBJ and another max player ? These other teams are going to really go all out to entice him just like they did for cupcake. We can wish all day long.. I'm just not going to be surprised in the least if we are inrebuild mode next year.

Nice read, but I'm not going through this ordeal of hanging on every word these guys say anymore. I did it with Cupcake and got my heart broken. I did it with Westbrook and got rewarded, after a lot of lost sleep, elevated blood pressure, and back and forth on this forum.

I'm just going to enjoy this season, hope we win some games and make a playoff run. June and July will come soon enough, and I'll tune in then. I think Presti has learned a lot about this free agent recruiting game and I trust that they'll put OKC's best foot forward to re-sign George. He may stay, he may go.

I'll still be on the Thunder bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post
    Nice read, but I'm not going through this ordeal of hanging on every word these guys say anymore. I did it with Cupcake and got my heart broken. I did it with Westbrook and got rewarded, after a lot of lost sleep, elevated blood pressure, and back and forth on this forum.

I'm just going to enjoy this season, hope we win some games and make a playoff run. June and July will come soon enough, and I'll tune in then. I think Presti has learned a lot about this free agent recruiting game and I trust that they'll put OKC's best foot forward to re-sign George. He may stay, he may go.

PG is full of ****. He's not the p***** that cupcake was and is. But either way he's gone. IF Mello ops in it's just for the money. Westbrook is the rare person of character.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
    PG is full of ****. He's not the p***** that cupcake was and is. But either way he's gone. IF Mello ops in it's just for the money. Westbrook is the rare person of character.
    What does any of us have to lose? As for Mello, he's getting fat off the ownership--leftover food still in his jaws.

We'll learn more about Paul George's character.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Early View Post

That's best way to look at it.. Then you don't get your heart broken either because you aren't sitting with high expectations.. I truly thought KD was going to re-sign.. He had everything and Horford ready to sign on as well and he totally threw it all way to take an easier road.. It's what it is. One of the worst 4th of july's i've ever had it really sucked i just couldn't believe it. i do think a lot of it has to do with location.. Not all of it obviously and you have Russ who prefers to be loyal for whatever reasons he chooses. I truly think a big part of it is less distractions for the job they are getting paid to do and that is play professional basketball. Then you have others including PG who have said they want to go home or want to play in big city lights.. To each his own. OKC is not LA and it will never be that way. The game has changed the players are more in tune to group up.. You have a lot of FA's this off season that will be able to go where they want. You could "theoretically" end up with LBJ, Cousins and PG all in LAL next season..LBJ could stay on in Cleveland and PG goes there with a S&T deal with OKC or something..

There's so many things that can happen best not to even worry about it right now. Like you said.. enjoy the season.. root for the team.. hope they can pull off some upsets in the playoffs and then see what happens. Play the games out like you said before. you never know that's why they play the games..

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Hannibal Harlin Estates, Jones Prairie, TX
    All looks favorable that PG13 will resign; that could change with 25 games left on the schedule.
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Charles Darwin

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

I can't see any player wanting to be around Lavar and is annoying ass. If he had his way LiAngelo and the other one would get the two max deals this Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by m-rich212 View Post
    I can't see any player wanting to be around Lavar and is annoying ass. If he had his way LiAngelo and the other one would get the two max deals this Summer.
    They could trade Ball for a wing or big and keep IT. LAL will have a lot of options with their cap space. I think their best case scenario is to sign PG and a big like Noel then trade Ball for a wing and resign IT and Randle. Yes, they can make all that work under the cap AND still sign someone like Tyreke or Redick or maybe resign KCP depending on how his market develops. Based on his comments over the past few years I think PG cares more about where he plays then the quality of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    OKC didn't make any big moves last off-season. They made some stupid moves that the brainless media worshiped which led brainless fans to love them. All Presti did was give away valuable assets to build a team that looks like it will miss the playoffs. I thought Russ valued winning more the extra year on the contract, but I was wrong. I said from the start PG was a rental.
    But you also said that Kanter & Oladipo had horrible contracts. Presti got rid of both of them so the only real valuable assets could be Sabonis & McDermott. You hated McDermott so it couldn't be him. If renting out PG & Melo means that all you have to give up is Sabonis than it's a risk worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizz Fastfists View Post
    PG is gone. Vecsey regularly reports the opposite of what a player is going to do. He said kd was staying. Vecsey is also a racist piece of trash.
    I know that he called Magic Johnson "dumb as a rock" but that's not necessarily racist. He seems to think that the players like him but again, I'm only going off what he says. What have you heard?

Quote Originally Posted by gthunder View Post
    That's best way to look at it.. Then you don't get your heart broken either because you aren't sitting with high expectations.. I truly thought KD was going to re-sign.. He had everything and Horford ready to sign on as well and he totally threw it all way to take an easier road.. It's what it is. One of the worst 4th of july's i've ever had it really sucked i just couldn't believe it. i do think a lot of it has to do with location.. Not all of it obviously and you have Russ who prefers to be loyal for whatever reasons he chooses. I truly think a big part of it is less distractions for the job they are getting paid to do and that is play professional basketball. Then you have others including PG who have said they want to go home or want to play in big city lights.. To each his own. OKC is not LA and it will never be that way. The game has changed the players are more in tune to group up.. You have a lot of FA's this off season that will be able to go where they want. You could "theoretically" end up with LBJ, Cousins and PG all in LAL next season..LBJ could stay on in Cleveland and PG goes there with a S&T deal with OKC or something..

There's so many things that can happen best not to even worry about it right now. Like you said.. enjoy the season.. root for the team.. hope they can pull off some upsets in the playoffs and then see what happens. Play the games out like you said before. you never know that's why they play the games..
    Well, they only have enough cap space to sign 2 max free agents. I guess when you say "theoretically", they could do what Lebron, Wade & Bosh did in Miami where everyone took pay cuts to fit under the cap or they could sign 2 & then get the 3rd guy with a Ball & Deng sign & trade but that's not happening because nobody wants Deng's contract or wants to deal with Ball's dad.

My hope is that the Lakers are serious about focusing on the summer of 2019. That's when Kawhi, Butler & Klay are free agents. I've always said that the best thing for the NBA is for at least one of the Warrior players to bail out. If that happens then EVERYONE in the league benefits, OKC included. A weaker Warrior team means that everyone else is that much closer to a title so PG staying could really pay off. Either that or the Warriors start letting bench players go. I just don't see them paying an insane lux tax bill.

I’m just sick of the potential of the team falling apart every year. If George does a 1+1 I don’t see any way to build around Russ and George with our cap situation, especially in one year. In hindsight, we should have kept Oladipo and Sabonis. The only way I can see OKC getting back to being a true contender is if George stays long enough for Melo to leave and we can actually move Steven Adams for a true star or he becomes one.