+ Reply to Thread
    Again, is the fact that he has been working for FSN a clue? Looks like this guy has good credentials

By Mike Baldwin
    Staff Writer

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-tv-bro...?tm=1221647183

Thunder officials are expected to introduce Brian Davis as the team's television play-by-play voice today at a news conference.

It will be Davis' first NBA television play-by-play job, but he was the Seattle Seahawks' radio play-by-play voice from 2000-2004. In recent years Davis has worked for Fox Sports Net Northwest, including hosting Sonics pregame, halftime and postgame telecasts.

In the broadcast business for nearly 30 years, Davis also has served as FSN's play-by-play announcer for Washington State football games, including this year's Oklahoma State-Washington State game. Davis also has done play-by-play of Pac-10 basketball games and other FSN events.

Prior to moving to Seattle in 2000, Davis worked in Chicago as the television play-by-play voice for DePaul basketball games and called games in Conference-USA, the Big 10 and Mid-American Conference. Davis also was the voice of Major League Soccer's Chicago Fire and hosted pregame radio broadcasts for the Chicago Bears and Chicago Blackhawks.

Thunder names TV announcers

From staff reports
    The Thunder has its voices.

Brian Davis will provide play-by-play and former NBA player Grant Long will be the analyst for the Thunder TV broadcasts, it was announced today.

A TV network partner is still in the works.

Davis has called games at the professional level in four major league sports – football, as radio voice of the Seattle Seahawks (2000-2003); basketball and hockey with the Seattle SuperSonics and NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks; and as the television voice of Major League Soccer’s Chicago Fire.

Long was the color analyst with the Atlanta Hawks broadcast team for two years and served as an analyst with Turner Broadcasting & FOX Network. The Eastern Michigan alum spent 14 seasons as a player in the NBA after being drafted 33rd overall in the 1988 NBA Draft by the Miami Heat.

http://newsok.com/thunder-names-tv-a...?tm=1221688047

There is a video there as well.

Said they will have all games on TV this year, including pre season from Montana on.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberman View Post
    Said they will have all games on TV this year, including pre season from Montana on.
    That is great news. Now, I'd like to know precisely who outside of OKC will be able to watch those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Betts View Post
    That is great news. Now, I'd like to know precisely who outside of OKC will be able to watch those games.
    All I know is they better do their best to build a regional fan base. I really think they need deals with OTA (over-the-air) stations in Amarillo, Wichita, Springfield and Tulsa.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=okcthunderphixrlu2.jpg

So what does everyone think or know about Grant Long as the color guy? He was briefly on the animal, literally handed the phone by Brian, and didn't know much about OKC but said nice things. He played in the league for awhile but there isn't much out there about him and I don't know if this is his first color gig or not.

Hopefully not COX! Cox here in PV doesn`t offer as much as the rest of their market (although I have Dish) in the state...

Here are a couple of screen captures from the Oklahoman's video at http://www.newsok.tv/?titleID=1801242401 (any chance, by the way, of embedding video clips here?):

Brian Davis, play by play

Grant Long, color analysit

Ken Adelson, Sr. V.P. Executive Producer, said that all 82 regular season games would be telecast, as would 4 preseason games, beginning with the Tulsa game. He also said there would be a sideline person.

Might as well throw in a pic of the radio play by play announcer, Matt Pinto:

Last edited by Doug Loudenback; 09-18-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/
    Kendrick Perkins on 5/10/2011: We are going to bring a title home to you.

Me too. You've gotta think that after all Bennett has said about this being Oklahoma's team, they are going to bend over backwards to make sure everyone in Oklahoma can see the games...at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Especially since the Ford Center will be sold out every night, they need to ensure the entire fan base is covered, not just those who can afford season tix. I too am wondering about Long's broadcast experience, but either way, can't wait to see the Thunder on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Here are a couple of screen captures from the Oklahoman's video at http://www.newsok.tv/?titleID=1801242401 (any chance, by the way, of embedding video clips here?):

Brian Davis, play by play

Grant Long, color analysit

Ken Adelson, Sr. V.P. Executive Producer, said that all 82 regular season games would be telecast, as would 4 preseason games, beginning with the Tulsa game. He also said there would be a sideline person.

Might as well throw in a pic of the radio play by play announcer, Matt Pinto:

Long, while having an unflattering pic there, is a good choice. Davis, from listening to him in Seattle for FAR FAR FAR TOO LONG, I can't stand. He's worse than terrible. Annoying as hell. He's an acquired taste.

Well, I've acquired tastes for cigarettes, coffee, and booze ... oysters on the half-shell were harder to get started, but, man, after then, it's been a love affair with them since then. Davis seemed OK in the video ... what your up close and personal report?
    http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/
    Kendrick Perkins on 5/10/2011: We are going to bring a title home to you.

It doesn't look like Seattle thinks they're going to miss Davis, ala StormFan's statement. I thought perhaps that was sour g****s, but now I'm not so sure. On the other hand, we had Gil and Geordie (sp?) for two years, as well as the lousy Cox picture, so maybe our expectations aren't that high.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basket...6_davis18.html

So is Matt Pinto going to be all alone on the radio or are they going to get him a color man or woman (I would be willing to quit my job to travel with the team from October to April or hopefully later)

okcnba Guest
    My experience of watching Davis on FSN isn't too positive. He's not bad, but he's not a "basketball" guy. He's just an announcer.

I'm MUCH more excited about Grant Long. Remember watching him play for the Grizzlies when they were in Van City.