+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    http://www.nba.com/thunder/news/thun...SW_100803.html
    it looks like no more games on KSBI

The Oklahoma City Thunder and FOX Sports Southwest have reached an agreement on an exclusive multiyear partnership that will allow FOX Sports Oklahoma to be the sole local and regional TV home for Thunder games. With the exception of some nationally televised games, FOX Sports Oklahoma will broadcast the entire Thunder regular-season schedule, beginning with the 2010-11 season. The announcement was made today by Thunder Chairman Clay Bennett.

“FOX Sports Southwest is recognized across the NBA and nationally as a leader in cable and satellite sports programming and has been a tremendous partner during our first two seasons in Oklahoma City. The Thunder is honored to expand the partnership with a true commitment to consistency and high quality,” Bennett said. “This permits us to focus on a single TV outlet for our games. It also makes it easier for our fans to know where to watch the games, all in top-quality HD.”

Carried in Oklahoma City on COX channels 37 and 722 (HD), FOX Sports Oklahoma reaches nearly 1.7 million cable and satellite homes throughout the state of Oklahoma and portions of Kansas and Arkansas.

Because this is an exclusive agreement with FOX Sports Southwest, Thunder games will no longer be carried on KSBI-TV, the team’s over-the-air partner since 2008. “KSBI was among our key partners in the early development of the Thunder franchise in Oklahoma City and we offer them our sincere thanks for their strong support during those first two seasons. The quality of our broadcast made great progress during that period and KSBI was a significant factor in that effort,” Bennett said. During each of the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons, KSBI broadcast 17 Thunder games, with FOX Sports Oklahoma carrying the rest of the 82-game regular-season schedule.

The Thunder TV broadcast team consists of play-by-play announcer Brian Davis and analyst Grant Long, who will be joined by sideline reporter Kelly Crull and studio hosts from FOX Sports Southwest. The entire 82-game regular season schedule will continue to be carried on the Thunder Radio Network, led by flagship station WWLS-FM (98.1) with Matt Pinto providing analysis and play-by-play.

Fox Sports Southwest is a regional sports network that provides exclusive home team coverage of the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs; MLB’s Texas Rangers and Houston Astros; the NHL’s Dallas Stars; the WNBA’s San Antonio Silver Stars and Tulsa Shock; MLS’ FC Dallas; Dallas Cowboys shoulder programming; Big 12, SEC, and Pac-10 collegiate events; Texas and Oklahoma high school sports; Texas minor league baseball; and national programming provided by FSN. The network reaches more than 8.6 million cable and satellite TV subscribers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and parts of New Mexico. A separate branded FOX Sports Oklahoma feed serves the state of Oklahoma. FOX Sports Southwest annually produces over 500 events and 1,000 studio and magazine support programs, the majority of them in high-definition.

Okay I need help from anyone that has Directv. Is FSN Oklahoma not on Directv? I am looking through the channel guide and having a bit of a panic attack about it! I switched to Directv not too long ago and didnt even think about this.

Please tell me I am just overlooking FSN-OK for those that have Directv!

As long as they're on tv, I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel_Knight1974 View Post
    Okay I need help from anyone that has Directv. Is FSN Oklahoma not on Directv? I am looking through the channel guide and having a bit of a panic attack about it! I switched to Directv not too long ago and didnt even think about this.

Please tell me I am just overlooking FSN-OK for those that have Directv!
    the channel for thunder games on Direct tv is 679

Good thing about the move is that the picture will be good iN HD and in SD

Thanks Ty! I appreciate your help. I was seriously worried.

Wait...679 isnt even listed! Do you mean 676?

well i just look it up from the past season what thunder post on twitter and its 679 but it could change let me check it out and get back to you

Looks like KSBI will have to make some branding changes:

http://www.ksbitv.com/

679, it was a new channel and they have been infrequent in naming it in various DirecTV publications but I watched quite a few away games on that channel 679.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Favorite quote: 'I can NOT sleep without a fan!' says Thunder Girl Emily

it will be on direct tv but don't know on the channel it might change it might be on 676 but i am not sure yet i will know once the season gets close and plus if you follower OKC Thunder Twitter feed they usually post the game channels for the games

i think they might air some program on KSBI like Air Thunder or something like that i was thinking they should do a special pre-game show from like 5:30-6:30 at Home games and then at 6:30 go over to FS OK for the game pre-show

It's 679 if you turn it on it says fsok

he can't get the channel maybe you need to reset your box

I can't help but think that people without cable or satellite are getting the shaft with this move.

yes if fell bad for them if they can't get FS Oklahoma but they should just get basic cable with it