+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dish Network

I saw something in the newspaper the other day that the Dish Network may drop all the Fox Sports channels soon because of rates being raised which would mean no Thunder games would appear on the Dish Network.

Anyone have any updates on that?
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Favorite quote: 'I can NOT sleep without a fan!' says Thunder Girl Emily

I saw the same article TPB. Have not heard anything to counter that report. Saw some ticker on a sports channel either ESPN or FOX with same info.

If, in-fact, it come to fruition it cannot be good for Dish subscribers and Thunder lovers.

As frustrating as & expensive as cable can be I glad that Cox is coming through for us.

Thunder UP & Rise Together
    Carpe Diem

That would be horrible news. I hope it is not true.

As of the first, dish no longer has Fox SW on.

everyone with dish should switch to Directv. If you decide to, let me know, I can save you $100

Only problem with DirecTV in my area is that they don't include the local channels. If they did, I'd be all over it.

Uuuuuugh that sucks because we just switched from AT&T Uverse to Dish. The reason for switching was we got so tired of our bill from AT&T always being incorrect and service/technical issues. Not to mention the untold number of hours we would spend on the phone with AT&T's atrocious customer service. Sorry guys for turning that into an AT&T rant.

that sucks for the Dish people not to be able to see the thunder games

AARRGGHH!!!! That's messed up!!! Too bad my contract still has a year on it or I would switch. That makes me really mad!!!

Just an excuse to get out and watch games (especially road games) at a local establishment and pump money into the local economy! I'm a glass half full kind of guy...and glad to have Cox on this deal. Sorry for all the Dish peeps, that stinks.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Jones Prairie, TX
    I'm a Dish network subscriber and I hope they get this issue resolved.
    "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

This is baaaaaaaad. So last season I had the "League Pass" subscription through Dish so that I could get all the games. It seems that the games not broadcast on Fox for whatever reason could be seen on one of the League Pass channels. I'm wondering now since none of the games will be on Fox if I can just get the League Pass subscription and get all the games.

What? Man this better get fixed. I upgraded so I could watch the games. Now I will not get them. I might have to switch if I can. I live in the country where my only option is satellite. This is not good news at all.

I did a little more research last night and dish is offering some free channels for at least a little while. NBA TV and some other sports channels are included. I'm hoping we can at least watch some of the games broadcast through the other teams networks. Gonna suck to have to listen to the other teams announcers though.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfan315 View Post
    I did a little more research last night and dish is offering some free channels for at least a little while. NBA TV and some other sports channels are included. I'm hoping we can at least watch some of the games broadcast through the other teams networks. Gonna suck to have to listen to the other teams announcers though.
    The only problem with that is that most teams have their local broadcasts thru Fox Sports. Think about it...OKC and Dallas have theirs thru FoxSW. Golden State and Sacramento has theirs thru Fox Bay Area. So, not only will this affect local Thunder telecasts, but many other games that are broadcast locally in their areas thru Fox. This is going to suck ass if they don't have this resolved by the 27th. Good thing many of the Thunder games are nationally televised this year.