+ Reply to Thread
    http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-...adlines_widget

Oklahoma City Thunder waives Longar Longar, Demond Carter
    By John Rohde Oklahoman
    Published: October 15, 2010

The Thunder on Friday waived former Oklahoma center Longar Longar and guard Demond "Tweety" Carter.

Carter played Thursday against CSKA Moscow and finished with four points and one steal in four minutes. Longar played against Memphis on Tuesday in Tulsa.

The Thunder's roster now stands at 17.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Favorite quote: 'I can NOT sleep without a fan!' says Thunder Girl Emily

Assuming (easily) they keep Mo Pete and Daequan Cook, that leaves 3 players (Jerome Dyson, Royal Ivey, and Elijah Millsap) fighting for the 15th and final roster spot.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

So that means Ivey makes the 15 man roster and Milsap (and possibly Dyson) get designated to the 66ers.

Quote Originally Posted by RicanThunder View Post
    So that means Ivey makes the 15 man roster and Milsap (and possibly Dyson) get designated to the 66ers.
    Can they do that? I thought it was a 15 man roster including the D-League players. Of course any eligible players can still get signed to the D-League as a 'free agent' but could be picked up by another team though few NBA teams would have a spot for them or want them.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Yeah, that's what I mean. Milsap could be signed, as a free agent, to the 66ers and stay within our pipeline so that, maybe, later in the year, after a trade or two, we can bring him back in. While he hasn't shown much, his tenacity on the defensive end make him a player to look after for the future, especially if we maintain our defense-first philosophy.

Keep Millsap, waive Roy Al.

Honestly, I would much rather have Roy Al as our third pg, just in case one of our pgs go down. Remember, we had perfect health last season with our pgs. That rarely, if ever, happens. I'd rather have a cheap veteren 3rd stringer, than a cheap, green, rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by RicanThunder View Post
    Honestly, I would much rather have Roy Al as our third pg, just in case one of our pgs go down. Remember, we had perfect health last season with our pgs. That rarely, if ever, happens. I'd rather have a cheap veteren 3rd stringer, than a cheap, green, rookie.
    I think if we had a PG go down Harden can play a few minutes there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterJohnsonOK View Post
    I was injured several times in my late teens from trying to re-inact ****os