+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Jones Prairie, TX
    Give Cole Aldrich as much playing time (even D-League) as the Thunder is capable and he will soon develop into a great big man in the post.
    "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

I think he can be serviceable, but not sure about the Kevin Love comparison. Kevin Love is a special player. I do however, think Cole can give us or someone valuable minutes

I posted this same question on cbs a while back.

I would just like to see an NBA game in which Cole receives double figure minutes.

Regarding Kevin Love comparisons....with all due respect, please lay off the pipe. Love is a once in a generation player. And plus, they are two completely different players. The only thing that may be comparable will be their rebounding numbers, and even that is a landslide win by Love. If I ever see Cole shooting a 3 pointer, it better a heave at the end of a shot clock or at the end of a quarter/half.

Love and Cole are the same age. We don't need Cole to be the next Kevin Love to fill his role, we just need him to protect the paint, grab boards and develop some resemblance of a back to the basket game. Cole will never be the type of player that Kevin Love is, no matter how many D League minutes he gets. 21 and 15 is not something Cole is capable of in the D League, much less the NBA. If he can give us 10 and 8 and 2 blocks in a couple years, that'll be terrific.

Ridiculous topic. Can Byron Mullens become the next Andrew Bogut? Can Daequan Cook become the next Dale Ellis? I suppose anything is possible, if you're under the influence of the right substances.

Oklahoma City, OK; Farm: Jones Prairie, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by RicanThunder View Post
    I would just like to see an NBA game in which Cole receives double figure minutes.

Regarding Kevin Love comparisons....with all due respect, please lay off the pipe. Love is a once in a generation player. And plus, they are two completely different players. The only thing that may be comparable will be their rebounding numbers, and even that is a landslide win by Love. If I ever see Cole shooting a 3 pointer, it better a heave at the end of a shot clock or at the end of a quarter/half.
    RicanThunder, I would sure like to know what I'm smoking? http://farm1.static.flickr.com/35/91...c7e5659d_z.jpg

Naw! I don't fool with the Devil's smoke (tobacco, crack, crank...).

The last time I heard that statement was the beginning of the 2009-10 season when I predicted that the Thunder would win 40 games; boy was I off by 10 games.

I'll get back with you on this one!
    "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

The thing that sets Love apart from a lot these inside oriented players is that he knocks down around 45% of his 3 pt. shots. Aldrich doesn't shoot it past 14 ft. from the rim. He's a guy who will need to concentrate on blocking shots, rebounding and scoring in the post as opposed to doing what Love does.

hahahahahaha.....stop it... You're killing me

How anyone can watch Aldrich and see the same athleticism as Love is beyond me. If we're lucky he'll be an average big man that soaks up some minutes. Tall, white and buzz cut doesn't make you Kevin Love.

I'd be happy if Aldrich is the next Nick Collison.

Here's what Darnell is saying about this very topic today:

On the Thunder's plans for young centers Byron Mullens and Cole Aldrich:

If Nenad Krstic isn't re-signed and for whatever reason Aldrich and Mullens aren't getting minutes next season, then I'll be closer to writing them off as undesirables. Mullens much more than Aldrich. But, big men are known to take longer to develop and the Thunder is operating with that in mind. They continue to be patient. But at some point you would think these two need some time. The thing that's easily forgotten in their nightly DNP's and stints on the inactive list is that both of these guys are 22 (Mullens will be in a week). They've got a lot of time left to develop into something.

Read more: http://newsok.com/darnell-mayberry-t...#ixzz1DOWCAVRv

Quote Originally Posted by Betts View Post
    I'd be happy if Aldrich is the next Nick Collison.
    I agree with you Betts.

I can see Cole as more of a Kendrick Perkins kind of player in a couple years. Kevin Love is just a crazy comparison.

I would take another Collison!!!