+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I wonder if there will be room for a sponsor logo, just under or near the letters "OKC". Will a Harden portrait/patch be sewn there until he extends?

Most likely colors in order:
    1. Same
    2. Dk blue
    3. Red-orange
    4. Yellow/gold

I think it's a almost a given that "OKC" will emblazen the front of road uni's...maybe at home, too (ie. "OKC" on top and "Thunder" beneath the number)

First identified in Presti's press conference and in this thread... here.

OKC on top and then Thunder under the number would be a horrible idea. Just wouldn't look good on an NBA uniform.

OTOH, I've been 100% behind using the "OKC" wordmark just like it is in the logo and putting that across the chest. The angle of the "OKC" makes it look like it's blowing in the wind and that represents an element of the city.

They should also use the lines that come out of the shield on the logo as well. Just adds to the flair.

In all honesty, they should take the Thunder lettering in the logo and make it smaller. Maybe write "Oklahoma City" in small letters on top of it but the OKC and the shield should really stand out more. As it is now, the Thunder lettering is just as big as the graphic part of the logo and 4 years after it's inception, it still doesn't look good.

Now is the time for change. Forget alternates. Put OKC on both the home and road unis.

i am excited for an alternate Uniforms hopefully it has OKC on the top of the jersey

The Adidas catalog listed this as "alternate jersey logo."

Not the direction I was expecting, but I'm thinking this would be on one side of the jersey front with the number on the other side. I was expecting/hoping for an orange uni with a big OKC on the chest.

Wow...Thunder Road, huh.
    Couldn't be side of the shorts if it's an "alternate jersey" design.
    Lots of sponsor logos and fit on both sides...then we sign Harden.

But could be dark blue.

That pic from Tordon's post has potential if the design is executed right.
    Check out our basketball fanblog: One-Legged Fadeaway!

Yeah my first thought was shorts as well, until I read the jersey part

If I have some time, I might try to put together what I think it could look like on a uniform.

I really hope this is the side of the jersey. When I say that I like vertical lettering, I don't mean like that. I mean that the lettering or wordmark across the front of the jersey has each INDIVIDUAL LETTER facing in a vertical, straight up and down manner. That's how most teams have it. The Thunder don't.

If you look closely the "THU" and "DER" are at 30 degree angles while only the "N" is vertical since it's in the middle of the word. If you look at other teams, they are able to arc the wordmark but still keep the letters vertical to keep the look professional as opposed to being too amateur or high schoolish.

Last edited by JJB14; 09-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Not too bad. If it ended up looking like that, I could live with it.
    "The dice of Zeus always fall luckily." - Sophocles

Quote Originally Posted by Trueblood View Post
    I really hope this is the side of the jersey. When I say that I like vertical lettering, I don't mean like that. I mean that the lettering or wordmark across the front of the jersey has each INDIVIDUAL LETTER facing in a vertical, straight up and down manner. That's how most teams have it. The Thunder don't.

If you look closely the "THU" and "DER" are at 30 degree angles while only the "N" is vertical since it's in the middle of the word. If you look at other teams, they are able to arc the wordmark but still keep the letters vertical to keep the look professional as opposed to being too amateur or high schoolish.
    There's nothing amateurish about it. It's two different types of arching. The type the thunder has is radial arching, as if its fanning out from a circle. More teams than you think use it:

It's a style just like anything else. Personally, I like the look of our wordmark.

And Brooklyn will use it also.

The Spurs can get away with because of how they incorporate the logo in the middle.

But the Raptors and Grizzlies both can do better. The radial arch makes the font small and larger font looks much better on NBA uniforms. Just about everyone else aside from the above use the vertical letters.

i likes it!
    Carpe Diem

I personally like the thunder uniforms how they are. not flashy but classic.
    they have a scheme that wont need change. while PHX has changed their
    uni's how many times. keep it simple. all of the great nba teams have had the
    same uni's for ages

I sure wouldn't mind a dark jersey. I'd use that all the time for 2k13 [which is due in a few days...!]

As far as the Thunder wordmark goes, it's really nice in its simplicity. As kambam points out, some teams have had basically the same uniform designs for a long time [Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Knicks] with minor changes to the piping and the introduction of alternate jerseys [Lakers white-and-gold, Celtics black-and-green].
    Check out our basketball fanblog: One-Legged Fadeaway!