+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,291
    Thunder announce that they have cut walker Russell from its training camp roster. Roster is now at 18.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    3,699
    Next to be cut:

    Thompson
    Rautins
    Orton

    Should be (in a make-believe world where contracts can be abolished at will by the team):
    Thompson (possibly Thabeet)
    Hayward
    Cook

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Thunder View Post
    Next to be cut:

    Thompson
    Rautins
    Orton

    Should be (in a make-believe world where contracts can be abolished at will by the team):
    Thompson (possibly Thabeet)
    Hayward
    Cook
    Being a 1st year guy, does Thompson have to make the 15 man roster to go to Tulsa?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    25,539
    Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    Being a 1st year guy, does Thompson have to make the 15 man roster to go to Tulsa?
    He can be released by the Thunder and then sign as a free agent with Tulsa while the OKC guys 'scout' him. I doubt another NBA team tries to sign him though he could always accept that offer.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

    Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

    Favorite quote: 'I can NOT sleep without a fan!' says Thunder Girl Emily

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Moore
    Posts
    4,952
    Quote Originally Posted by KDisThunderstruck View Post
    He can be released by the Thunder and then sign as a free agent with Tulsa while the OKC guys 'scout' him. I doubt another NBA team tries to sign him though he could always accept that offer.
    I thought that was the case. What is Latavious Williams' status?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southeast Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by cjthunder View Post
    I thought that was the case. What is Latavious Williams' status?
    He just signed a contract with Brose Baskets, a first Division German team and a Euroleague team. He'll be playing with former OKC Hornet Bostjan Nachbar. I'm sure OKC has tabs on him, but he can make 10 times the money over there than he'd make on the 66ers.

    Also, last year, he was on a non-Euroleague team, so this is an improvement for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts