+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    What's up with DJ Boom not annoying us with his voice anymore? I guess it bugged too many people and they cut off his mike?
    http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=okcthunderphixrlu2.jpg

It must have been a season ticket member request...

Clearly it was because of feedback. But they didn't fire him so I guess he isn't all bad. My own personal opinion is he sounded way over the top when trying to rev up the crowd at the start of the 4th quarter.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Favorite quote: 'I can NOT sleep without a fan!' says Thunder Girl Emily

Could be a contract issue with the radio station who employs him. Its strange that he's still there visibly, but someone else does the talking.
    Last edited by Plainsman; 12-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    Could be a contract issue with the radio station who employs him. Its strange that he's still there visibly, but someone else does the talking.
    I know a lot of people complained about his screaming via survey and in person with ticket manager reps.

Seriously who would complain? He says one sentence and it isn't even that loud.

I thought maybe he had lost his voice or something early on in the season, but he is still dead silent. I find that Katie girl's voice way more annoying, but complain? Not a chance.

Our fans are becoming too stuck up. The point of DJ Boom is to amp the crowd up for the fourth. Granted it is annoying when we are getting blown out and he tries to amp us up - but that is rare.

I personally hate the halftime shows. I wish they would spend money on other things and hold fan events or nothing instead.

I think for those of us who attend 30+ home games each and every season, certain things are going to bug us that may still be fresh for the more casual fans. But us season ticket holders have the 'power' to hire and fire people.

I could live without seeing Red Panda again. I'd like to see some singers doing 3 songs at halftime though I wouldn't expect any current superstars.
    (formerly KDisNotNice)

Welcome to the new NBA. Four quarters of dance competition (Thunder Girls vs. the Laker Girls!) interrupted by brief displays of basketball.

Favorite quote: 'I can NOT sleep without a fan!' says Thunder Girl Emily

I found D.J. Boom annoying, night in and night out...

Quote Originally Posted by KDisThunderstruck View Post
    I could live without seeing Red Panda again. I'd like to see some singers doing 3 songs at halftime though I wouldn't expect any current superstars.
    I have a huge crush on Red Panda! I'm also quite fond of the Quick Change people (Though I'd bet you $100 that when they're getting ready to go somewhere, he still has to wait on her to get ready). The Amazing Christopher, while never actually amazing, was entertaining the first time, but now I could do without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    I have a huge crush on Red Panda! I'm also quite fond of the Quick Change people (Though I'd bet you $100 that when they're getting ready to go somewhere, he still has to wait on her to get ready). The Amazing Christopher, while never actually amazing, was entertaining the first time, but now I could do without him.
    Don't forget the Beale St. Flippers with the fat guy flipping out of his shirt!

I do actually look forward to the bucket drummer, Peter Rabbit, every year, but that is about it.

I REALLY miss DJ Boom. I LOVE getting amped up at the start of the 4th quarter, and I really hoped they'd EXPAND his role. I said so on my season ticket survey - but I'm obviously in the minority on that. I definately agree that the atmosphere at the games is becoming WWAAAAAAAYYY too gentile. I know the lower bowl pays the bills, but it is LOUD CITY that is the reputation that OKC carries throughout the league! I hope the Thunder management won't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Seriously who would complain? He says one sentence and it isn't even that loud.

I thought maybe he had lost his voice or something early on in the season, but he is still dead silent. I find that Katie girl's voice way more annoying, but complain? Not a chance.

Our fans are becoming too stuck up. The point of DJ Boom is to amp the crowd up for the fourth. Granted it is annoying when we are getting blown out and he tries to amp us up - but that is rare.

I personally hate the halftime shows. I wish they would spend money on other things and hold fan events or nothing instead.
    cranky old white people with kids. they dont wanna hear all that hip hop gibberish because they think it frightens the kids and raises their granddad's blood pressure lol
    R.I.P. Seattle Supersonics, Long Live OKC Thunder...

Well, I'm an old white guy ................. and I had no problem with him. He's not there for me, I'm not his target audience............ and I'm a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKELAHOMA View Post
    cranky old white people with kids. they dont wanna hear all that hip hop gibberish because they think it frightens the kids and raises their granddad's blood pressure lol
    Or, maybe some just find the screaming annoying, particularly when the game doesn't call for it.

I am a season ticket holder and most of the routine promos, etc totally irritate me at this point due to the repetition factor. But I understand most of it is for kids and/or geared towards people who aren't always in attendance. The halftime acts are awful (I loathe the Red Panda), but its the same everywhere around the league.

What I don't like about the in game entertainment is that it is often forced and they don't take game situation into account. There were times where I thought the DJ Boom 4th quarter intro worked.... But most of the time it was uncalled for and came off as very awkward. No need to get the crowd amped for the 4th quarter when you are beating the Raptors by 23 on a Tuesday night in January.

There have been occasions during the playoffs over the last two years where the crowd will just be going bonkers after a timeout and the people who make those decisions let it flow... But invariably they will trot out the demented Cox robot thingy or whatever and it totally kills the mojo of the crowd.

You gotta pay the bills, but I do think they could dial it all back a notch... More importantly, they could be more flexible and allow the situation at hand to dictate what they do